3.5 Glock trigger connector

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • US Infidel

TRUST NO ONE
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Jan 30, 2012
    Earth
    I'm about to order a 3.5 for the 17 and the 43. Plenty out there. Should I stick with Glock brand or Lonewolf, Ghost?? Any preferences or other suggestions? Thanks.

DAVE_M

_________
    Rating - 100%
    32   0   0
    Apr 17, 2009
    ________
    I'm about to order a 3.5 for the 17 and the 43. Plenty out there. Should I stick with Glock brand or Lonewolf, Ghost?? Any preferences or other suggestions? Thanks.

Get a Glock "-" (minus) connector. It's an OEM part.

I hear too much negative stuff about the Ghost connectors and never heard of anyone using the Lonewolf.

Personally, I just do the 1,000 round trigger job.

DStewart

Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Aug 6, 2009
    New Orleans
    I like Dave, have heard a lot of negative things about the Ghost connectors. I was given one the other day (I believe a rocket, it was one that you have to fit the post travel). I installed it into my 26 and actually really like it. I didn't experience any of the negatives that people talk about, but hey maybe I finally lucked out.

JBP55

La. CHP Instructor #409
    Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    338   0   0
    Apr 15, 2008
    Walker
    No one makes a true 3.5# connector for a Glock but Glock and many others make a 4.5# connector which reduces the trigger pull approximately 8oz. on a Gen 4 Glock and approximately 16oz. on all others unless they shipped with an OEM - connector.

SpeedRacer

Rating - 100%
    92   0   0
    Feb 23, 2007
    Mandeville, LA
    On a carry/home defense gun, Glock OEM (-) only. On a range toy, the rest are fine. I've personally seen too many issues with Ghost, etc ranging from no reset to going full auto. Mainly because they are not nearly as "drop-in" as they advertise them to be, virtually all of them I've diagnose for people had to be tweaked to work right.

Slalom.45

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 10, 2013
    Lafayette, LA
    I have used Glock "-", Ghost drop in and custom fit, and Lone Wolf.

What I found was that each one felt different in different guns. A Glock "-" gave my 19 a very nice and fairly crisp pull. When I put the same in my 17 it was lighter, but very mushy with lots of slop. Tried a Ghost drop in but didn't like it. Slide would always feel draggy going back into battery. Tried a custom fit Ghost installed by a highly thought of gunsmith. Total waste of time and money. WAY to light and actually didn't function. The 17 wound up with a Lone Wolf 3.5# and heavy return spring and now feels great.

Now I also have the Ghost "Edge" in my wife's 42 and my 43. Both feel great! A bit lighter than factory, but not too much. No complaints about those.

Slalom.45

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 10, 2013
    Lafayette, LA
    Before somebody asks, both the 17 and 19 mentioned are Gen 4. The LW has the better feel even though I have left the "-" in my 19. When I buy for future full size Glocks I will go with the Lone Wolf 3.5# as first choice.

DAVE_M

_________
    Rating - 100%
    32   0   0
    Apr 17, 2009
    ________
    On a carry/home defense gun, Glock OEM (-) only. On a range toy, the rest are fine. I've personally seen too many issues with Ghost, etc ranging from no reset to going full auto. Mainly because they are not nearly as "drop-in" as they advertise them to be, virtually all of them I've diagnose for people had to be tweaked to work right.

+1

I've heard and seen a few Ghost connector Glocks that would not fire upside down or on it's side, let alone had reset issues.

Am I the only one that likes the stock trigger?

JBP55

La. CHP Instructor #409
    Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    338   0   0
    Apr 15, 2008
    Walker
    Before somebody asks, both the 17 and 19 mentioned are Gen 4. The LW has the better feel even though I have left the "-" in my 19. When I buy for future full size Glocks I will go with the Lone Wolf 3.5# as first choice.

I will not put a 6# trigger spring in a Gen 4 Glock unless the owner insists after being informed they "May" cause trigger reset issues. They are more prone to break than the OEM spring.

dangermoney

C'est Chaud Peur Lot
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Nov 16, 2008
    Gonzales, LA
    +1

I've heard and seen a few Ghost connector Glocks that would not fire upside down or on it's side, let alone had reset issues.

Am I the only one that likes the stock trigger?

Actually, I just installed G17 smooth triggers and reverted the "-" connector in both my G19s back to standard this past weekend so I guess that we are the only two that like the stock trigger ... lol

Last edited:

Slalom.45

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 10, 2013
    Lafayette, LA
    This thread got me thinking about the trigger feel of all 3 guns I mentioned in my previous posts. Went and shot all 3 last night. I have to say that despite not liking previous Ghost connectors, the "Edge" in my 43 is perfect. I don't have a pull gauge, but it does feel a bit heavier than my 17 and 19. This is still lighter than the factory, but not by a tremendous amount. Even though it is a bit more firm, the break is super clean. Much easier to get the "surprise" break when working on long distance head shots. I may have to go back and try and edge in my full size guns.

This is an aside, but the more I shoot the 43 the more I like it! I was really on the fence about 43 vs. 26. I grudgingly ordered the 43 not really wanting to give up mag interchangeability, etc., but this thing is a shooter!

Top Bottom