3.5" over/under

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • tbone38

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 29, 2013
    New Orleans
    I shoot so much better with an over/under than semi or pump…but love the larger shells. Anyone have any experience or recommendations for a 12 gauge O/U that chambers 3.5” shells?

Lurker

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 15, 2013
    Denham Springs LA
    Are you a masochist? Lol

I am not aware of such but others with more knowledge will come along I'm sure. Have you considered a 10 gauge? I know they are available (at least side by side).

EDIT: I've read Browning Citori is chambered in 3.5 but have not seen it personally.

Hope that helps.

Last edited:

BayouSlide

See ya at the range
    Rating - 100%
    80   0   0
    Dec 5, 2008
    On the Bayou Teche, La.
    The field Browning Citoris will handle 3.5 as has been mentioned and are reasonably priced either new or used. Had one for a while and they are built like a tank. Not the best gun to drag through the uplands, but fine for a duck blind or such. Heavy is good for handling the recoil but I'd still put a better quality recoil pad on it, if it were me.

Praesul Presul

On Target.....Sometimes
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    May 15, 2008
    Western KY

Hitman

® ™
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Sep 4, 2008
    Lake Charles
    I don't own one but have shouldered this one a few times and really liked it.

I'm sure it feels great until the 3.5" Shell explodes in your shoulder with no Recoil help whatsoever! :mamoru:

There's just no way for me.

3.5 Shells just aren't needed for Waterfowl which is what I hunt the most. For Geese they do help but again aren't a necesity.

I shot a box of 3.5" Hevi Shot #2 on the last day of the season through a Benelli SBE II and paid for it for 3 days!

Didn't kill anymore ducks than normal.

Meh :dunno:

Richard in LA

Mag Whore
    Rating - 100%
    109   0   0
    May 19, 2007
    St. Amant, LA
    I'm sure it feels great until the 3.5" Shell explodes in your shoulder with no Recoil help whatsoever! :mamoru:

There's just no way for me.

3.5 Shells just aren't needed for Waterfowl which is what I hunt the most. For Geese they do help but again aren't a necesity.

I shot a box of 3.5" Hevi Shot #2 on the last day of the season through a Benelli SBE II and paid for it for 3 days!

Didn't kill anymore ducks than normal.

Meh :dunno:

Benellis are notorious for a "sharp" recoil, one of the attributes of the intertia recoil system, but it's not a problem with the 400 extreme ;)

There's a couple other O/U's that are 3.5" chambered, I just can't think of them off the top if my head right now. Heck, there's a Few options for 10 gauge O/U's if you want to be really manly! I think Zoli, American Arms were the ones I looked at a few years back.

Hitman

® ™
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Sep 4, 2008
    Lake Charles
    Benellis are notorious for a "sharp" recoil, one of the attributes of the intertia recoil system, but it's not a problem with the 400 extreme ;)

BTW when are we going to meet up so I can shoot that thing? I'm about to have a 4-wheeler on the Market and that should provide me with rest of my Shotgun Fund. Getting close now!

Heck, there's a Few options for 10 gauge O/U's if you want to be really manly!

:mamoru:

Richard in LA

Mag Whore
    Rating - 100%
    109   0   0
    May 19, 2007
    St. Amant, LA
    I'm pretty busy right now, but I feel a sherburne visit coming on as soon as I finish painting my house! Do you ever pass through the Gonzales area? If so, I'd loan it to you and let you take it to shoot whatever you want, just so long as I get it back in one piece.

Hitman

® ™
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Sep 4, 2008
    Lake Charles
    I'm pretty busy right now, but I feel a sherburne visit coming on as soon as I finish painting my house! Do you ever pass through the Gonzales area? If so, I'd loan it to you and let you take it to shoot whatever you want, just so long as I get it back in one piece.

That would be nice, but man I hardly venture east of Lacassine. Was really just speaking in jest. I'm bound to find someone close to SWLA with one.

We'll see though. I've got some Hunt Test coming up for my dog and a few are being held that way. I'll contact you if I see a chance.

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    joshualectric
    Top Bottom