3 Arrested for AK-47 Full Auto Conversion

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Phill

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 15, 2011
    Prairieville, LA
    The Ascension Parish Sheriff’s Office reports the arrest of three Gonzales men on assault weapons charges.

Police conducted an investigation after receiving information that Bryan Arceneaux, 28, could possibly have a fully automatic AK-47 assault rifle.

Investigators discovered a homemade video featuring the suspect’s brother, Blake Arceneaux, 22, and a mutual friend, Joshua Cole Stevens, 30, firing the machine gun, which is illegal.

The video also showed a camouflaged military style ballistic vest.

A forensic analyst examined Bryan Arceneaux’s cellphone and found a deleted email from a website that sells gun parts. The email showed that Bryan Arceneaux had purchased a part to convert the AK-47 to fully automatic, making the gun illegal.

http://www.nbc33tv.com/news/crimetracker/homemade-video-of-machine

:ninja:

MyTFAL

"It's no big deal,...."
    Rating - 100%
    36   0   0
    Jun 2, 2008
    Abita Springs
    What part can you order to make a fully automatic weapon? Hellfire trigger? slidefire? A true safety sear....?

- - - Updated - - -

None of those look sharp enough for much more...

olivs260

Rating - 100%
    45   0   0
    Sep 23, 2009
    Geismar, LA
    Gotta be more to this story. I can't think of anywhere that you can just order parts to make an AK full-auto. My truthometer is pegging on them having a Slidefire stock or something, and the police not knowing it's legal.

I_FLY_LOW

Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Apr 15, 2007
    Gonzales
    "could possibly have a fully automatic AK-47"
    Well, did they??

"The email showed that Bryan Arceneaux had purchased a part to convert the AK-47 to fully automatic, making the gun illegal."
    Oh?
    What was it, and what site was it ordered from?

enutees

Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jul 4, 2010
    Prairieville
    You can order a full auto trigger group, and drill some holes, and make room on the carrier rail for the trip and congrats you have an illegal full auto ak. It is something you can order all the parts including the drilling fixtures for it. I have no idea what these guys had but I've met nuts over the years that have talked about doing this. I won't even discuss something like that with someone and will never be at the same range as a known illegal gun. Not worth it.

Leonidas

*Banned*
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Mar 4, 2010
    Slidell
    Yes and occasionally you would also hear about some of the full auto internal parts showing up in the bottom of old build kits. It's just an extra piece for retarding the hammer.

I can think of a few more things in this story, besides a hammer, that are retarded.

Vermiform

Free Candy!
    Gold Member
    Marketplace Mod
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Sep 18, 2006
    Shreveport - or therebouts
    You can order a full auto trigger group, and drill some holes, and make room on the carrier rail for the trip and congrats you have an illegal full auto ak. It is something you can order all the parts including the drilling fixtures for it. I have no idea what these guys had but I've met nuts over the years that have talked about doing this. I won't even discuss something like that with someone and will never be at the same range as a known illegal gun. Not worth it.

This^

It would probably take someone with a drill press that knew what they were doing about an hour and about a half ounce of beeswax.

Phill

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 15, 2011
    Prairieville, LA
    BUT WAIT!! THERE'S MORE!! - Probation + Body Armor

A criminal history check revealed that Bryan Arceneaux was previously arrested for illegal narcotics, and that Blake Arceneaux was previously convicted and currently on probation for burglary. Blake’s conviction prohibits him from possessing any firearm or body armor.

a_winner_is_you_1024.jpg

Barry J

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Dec 5, 2011
    Thibodaux
    Gotta be more to this story. I can't think of anywhere that you can just order parts to make an AK full-auto. My truthometer is pegging on them having a Slidefire stock or something, and the police not knowing it's legal.
    It has to be stupid stupid police, nobody does anything illegal.

olivs260

Rating - 100%
    45   0   0
    Sep 23, 2009
    Geismar, LA
    It has to be stupid stupid police, nobody does anything illegal.

Seriously, bro? Where the hell did I say anything about "stupid stupid police"??? You got a chip on your shoulder or something? Do you actually think someone would have to be stupid stupid to think the Slidefire is illegal? Hell, I'm still not totally convinced myself.

Last edited:

bhart89

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Dec 25, 2011
    Charged with unlawful handling of a machine gun? Is that different than possession of a machine gun?

JNieman

Dush
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jul 11, 2011
    Lafayette
    A lot of parts kits come with the full auto FCG because when you buy a parts kit, you basically get everything but the receiver, and in many cases you still get the receiver---- torch cut into pieces. You're just supposed to /not/ buy a new receiver and go out of your way to make it accept the full auto parts, and then put them in. It's not HARD to find full auto AK FCGs... I probably have a couple in the house somewhere because I hate to throw **** away, and because I've done a few parts kits builds and actually followed the law and complied with NFA, GCA, and 922r import laws.

These guys were just maliciously nignorant dumbasses. I'm sure the city of Gonzales is far better off being rid of their presence.

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    cajuntiger84
    Top Bottom