3 gun Lafayette

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • vjohn05

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 1, 2013
    Lafayette
    Does anyone know where the closest 3 gun match to the Lafayette area is? I finally got together all the guns needed to shoot one.

Thanks,
    Vince

vjohn05

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 1, 2013
    Lafayette
    Well I guess Houston isn't so far away. Where and when do y'all shoot over there? I have all these cool guns and NEED to try them out.

kz45

1911 cool-aid drinker
    Rating - 100%
    32   0   0
    Jun 8, 2008
    Baton Rouge
    Poplarville 3gun is the first Sunday of the month, this ia a great match! It's set in the woods not a square range, we have rifle shots out to 500yrds, roof tops to shoot off of, moving platforms, gullies 20' ft deep to set up in, sliders on a cable that's activated with a plate, top notch reactive MGM targets, stages are always fun, interesting, and challenging!! The only draw back is IT is in the woods, so no vending machines, running water or bathrooms!

Woolmarket Ms is the third Saturday of the month, it's real close to Biloxi, it's a square range with a lot of close in shots, stretching it out to 250 max on rifle, with the rest being shot in large pistol bays, they've ben doing a great job with stages, fun, but not as complex as Poplarville, they have restrooms which is nice.

Hope to see you at one or both of these

Joseph

asianpersuasion

Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Sep 13, 2006
    Seabrook/BR
    We actually have 3 local matches around Houston each month. The first Sat of month there is a small match in Conroe. Small bays not much running done in 3-4 hrs. Second sat there's one at Impact Zone west of Katy. One long range bay 100-200 yards. 3 small bays and a medium size one 50-60 yards. Hammer down 10ish done about 5-6 hrs later.
    And then the big one is in College Satation. Last sat and sun each month. CCC 3 gun match. Never been but rifle shots around 400-500 yards with bonus shot <600 yards. Also I think there is a match last sun of sept. it's a 3GN Club Series classifier match

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - now Free

vjohn05

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 1, 2013
    Lafayette
    Poplarville 3gun is the first Sunday of the month, this ia a great match! It's set in the woods not a square range, we have rifle shots out to 500yrds, roof tops to shoot off of, moving platforms, gullies 20' ft deep to set up in, sliders on a cable that's activated with a plate, top notch reactive MGM targets, stages are always fun, interesting, and challenging!! The only draw back is IT is in the woods, so no vending machines, running water or bathrooms!

Woolmarket Ms is the third Saturday of the month, it's real close to Biloxi, it's a square range with a lot of close in shots, stretching it out to 250 max on rifle, with the rest being shot in large pistol bays, they've ben doing a great job with stages, fun, but not as complex as Poplarville, they have restrooms which is nice.

Hope to see you at one or both of these

Joseph

I just noticed the reply. Thanks for all the info. I just got all of my guns and im still trying to get them set up properly for 3 gun. I have to send my Benelli M2 lifter to c-rums to get welded up and the bolt released tapped for a big button. I just picked up a vortex 1-4 for my AR and was wondering what distance I should sight it in at. What would you suggest for Popularville and Woolmarket? And how many rounds of pistol, shotgun(slugs, bird shot, buck shot) rifle should I bring?

Thanks for any info,
    Vince

vjohn05

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 1, 2013
    Lafayette
    do you go regularly? Maybe I can get up there one weekend soon and try not to make a fool of myself at one of the smaller matches. How much ammo should I bring?

vjohn05

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 1, 2013
    Lafayette
    do you go regularly? Maybe I can get up there one weekend soon and try not to make a fool of myself at one of the smaller matches. How much ammo should I bring?

vjohn05

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 1, 2013
    Lafayette
    We actually have 3 local matches around Houston each month. The first Sat of month there is a small match in Conroe. Small bays not much running done in 3-4 hrs. Second sat there's one at Impact Zone west of Katy. One long range bay 100-200 yards. 3 small bays and a medium size one 50-60 yards. Hammer down 10ish done about 5-6 hrs later.
    And then the big one is in College Satation. Last sat and sun each month. CCC 3 gun match. Never been but rifle shots around 400-500 yards with bonus shot <600 yards. Also I think there is a match last sun of sept. it's a 3GN Club Series classifier match

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - now Free

kz45

1911 cool-aid drinker
    Rating - 100%
    32   0   0
    Jun 8, 2008
    Baton Rouge
    Yes I'm a regular,
    For Poplarville I'd bring 150 rifle, 75 bird, 5 slugs, 75 pistol
    25 less for woolmarket, you shouldn't use all that but, in case of a reshoot, or a bunch of misses its nice to have extra

If you want to come out and you still don't have your gear set up, you're welcome to shoot mine, but no reloads

vjohn05

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 1, 2013
    Lafayette
    I like a 50 yard zero which puts POI within 2.5 inches from end of barrel contact to around 280 yards with 55 grain XM-193...good to go for nearly any match you're likely to attend.

Okay I'll def use 50 yards then. Hopefully I can make it out in October. I should have my lifter back by then.

asianpersuasion

Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Sep 13, 2006
    Seabrook/BR

I try and make as many matches as possible. Really my exam schedule dictates when and where I go. I think the other week (Conroe) it was around 50 rifle/pistol and maybe a box of shells. I prefer this match bc they have plenty of shade and they are done around noon. Gives me time to get home and study/spend time with family. And I esp like it more since I came in 4th last time out

Prion911

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 24, 2011
    3 gun in Orange

It has just come to my attention that SETPS in Orange Tx will be holding quarterly 3 gun matches in 2014 starting in January. It will be held on the 4th saturday.

asianpersuasion

Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Sep 13, 2006
    Seabrook/BR
    I heard rumors about Orange doing a quarterly match out there. Suppose to be in Jan can't remember if it's the first or last Sun of month. I wouldn't hold this in high hopes yet since I've heard they were gonna host matches for the past 2 years

Top Bottom