300 blackout upper opinions

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Saintsfan6

Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Oct 6, 2014
    Texas
    Been looking into doing a 300 blk build with 10.5 barrel to suppress and sbr. What are halls opinions on available options? I'm not looking to break the bank but am willing to spend a little extra for good quality. Thanks in advance!

tuan

Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Mar 22, 2008
    New Orleans
    I have a MAS defense upper 10.5" 300blk
    83eef56c6f244003c101158df0066de7.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:

noob

enthusiast
    Silver Member
    Rating - 100%
    41   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    New Orleans
    Budget wise, I had a Dsg 10.5 inch upper that came with a lot of bells and whistles. Think I sold it on this site for 400-500. Had an adjustable gas block, seekins free float rail and bcg etc. Worked well but I had too many blk's in the safe.

I currently run an 8.2 inch Noveske and 9inch aac. But I wouldn't consider either of those budget.

John_

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Nov 23, 2013
    Hammond, LA
    I put together a budget 300 BO pistol with 10.5" barrel together about 2/3 months ago. It started with buying the barrel at Midwayusa on sale for $68! Their AR Stoner house brand, melonited and produced by ER Shaw actually. Good reviews on the barrel and amazingly accurate for me at 100 yards employing a Holosun red dot sight and a bench rest.

Whatever you do, use an adjustable gas block. I used the Superlative Arms. With it I can shut off the gas system completely, or incrementally vent it as required to adjust for supersonics, handloads or subsonic/suppression. The click adjustment screw faces the muzzle end, and Superlative supplies a long allen wrench to adjust it. I spent a little more on a quality gas block ($90) on the build. Link below.

http://www.midwayusa.com/product/1094240104527/superlative-arms-adjustable-bleed-off-clamp-on-gas-block-ar-15-lr-308

AR%20Pistol%20002.jpg

Last edited:

Saintsfan6

Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Oct 6, 2014
    Texas
    So is a adjustable gas block necessary for a pistol length system that I will shoot only subsonic and suppressed?

Log Island

Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Feb 25, 2012
    Lafayette
    So is a adjustable gas block necessary for a pistol length system that I will shoot only subsonic and suppressed?

No. That's the beauty of that cartridge. As long as it's built correctly, you should be able to go from suppressed/unsuppressed, subsonic/supersonic....in any combination.
    I went with a 9.5" AAC upper. They made the cartridge, they should know how to build it correctly...and they do.

noob

enthusiast
    Silver Member
    Rating - 100%
    41   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    New Orleans
    No. That's the beauty of that cartridge. As long as it's built correctly, you should be able to go from suppressed/unsuppressed, subsonic/supersonic....in any combination.
    I went with a 9.5" AAC upper. They made the cartridge, they should know how to build it correctly...and they do.

I've noticed my 9 inch AAC shoots the subs more accurately, and my 8.2 noveske shoots the supers more accurately than each other.

CBlack

Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 24, 2012
    Covington, La
    That's what Noveske says regarding their barrel and has block combo. Designed to shoot subs/supers either suppresed or unsurpressed without adjustment.

Sent from my VS990 using Tapatalk

noob

enthusiast
    Silver Member
    Rating - 100%
    41   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    New Orleans
    That's what Noveske says regarding their barrel and has block combo. Designed to shoot subs/supers either suppresed or unsurpressed without adjustment.

Sent from my VS990 using Tapatalk

I shoot subs and supers suppressed and unsuppressed, zero issues on the Noveske

Top Bottom