300 mag suppressors, thoughts?

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • PharmDocSWLA

Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Sep 28, 2012
    Lake Charles
    Hey guys,

I'm looking for a 300 win mag capable suppressor and wanted to get some thoughts/opinions from the board. I'm seriously considering either the Thunderbeast Arms 30P-1/30BA or the Gemtech GMT-300WM.

The 30P-1 seems to have a very loyal following and plenty of success/information to back it up among the shooting community.

The 300WM is new to the market but seems to have great reviews from the few I can find online who've been behind it. And I having been impressed with a friends gemtech on his AR, I'm very intrigued with it.

Just as an FYI this will eventually be going on a 300 mag custom build bolt-action 22+" barrel. I know I could step up to a 338 can and get better performance but don't really want to have that much extra weight or care to spend that much more for one.

Has anyone spent time behind either of these and what are your opinions? And to the dealers here does anyone have either of these in-stock or on the way? If anyone wants to recommend something different please feel free.

Thanks

Lafsnguy

Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Aug 11, 2009
    Lafayette
    I think the best 300 win mag suppressors on the market are the AAC 300 TM or MK13-SD the QA version of it. The MK13 was chosen by the military and was compared to like 10-15 different models.

JADSCOOP

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 28, 2010
    I have the Advanced Armament MK13-SD and it works great. I shoot a with a DPMS 300 SAUM

PharmDocSWLA

Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Sep 28, 2012
    Lake Charles
    Really appreciate all the responses guy. On a side note to Barney thanks for handloading write up, one of the best I've read. I'm pulling toward the 30B/A at this point. I'm going to look around and try to locate one next week.

Landry308

Class 3/SOT/Houma LA
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Jan 21, 2009
    Houma
    Most of the current cans sound about the same. They all have good sound reduction. If it's a hunting weight rifle, I'd go with the lightest one I could find. Some of the newer ones are 14oz or less. I love my Thunderbeast 30-P1. Been running it on 6.5x284, 7 WSM for several years, and now on 6.5 WBY. The ACTUAL weight of a new TBAC is 17.1oz (I have ~9 of them in the safe now). I'm looking at some of the newer lighter cans to replace it on my hunting rifles. Got Silencerco, Templar, Lane LLC on the way for testing.

cypressjeff

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 1, 2013
    Alexandria, La
    I think the best 300 win mag suppressors on the market are the AAC 300 TM or MK13-SD the QA version of it. The MK13 was chosen by the military and was compared to like 10-15 different models.

Just because a piece of equipment was chosen by the Military doesn't mean it was the best piece. It means that particular company made the lowest bid of everyone bidding out of the group of suppliers who all met minimum requirements.

Top Bottom