300BLK SBR suppressor suggestions

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • HogHunter1203

Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Feb 16, 2012
    SWLA
    Looking for opinions and suggestions here.

My plunge into the NFA world has been a fun, but addictive one. The SDN6 on my 16" blackout sounds like a pellet gun with subs ... which (as someone who'd never heard a suppressed rifle before) is AWESOME!! My ears are wondering why I didn't buy one years ago. But as I realized carrying it through the woods the other day, the length is pretty cumbersome. So the form 1 for an SBR got submitted the next day...

Here's the upper setup so far:
    - Spikes URG and BCG
    - Grim Reaper 9" barrel
    - Seekins MCSR V2 12"

Obviously, the rail will shroud the suppressor which'll make detaching the SDN6 a PIA. So I'm considering a dedicated 30 cal can for this rifle. I'd like to keep the barrel/suppressor combo length under 16 inches (I mean if you're gonna have an SBR, it may as well be <16 inches right?). Thought about just going for a second SDN6, but figured I'd see if anyone had other suggestions first. For those of you out there with more experience than me, what cans are you running on blackout builds and how do you like 'em? Will I give up noticeable dB by going for a shorter can? Are there any issues I need to worry about with a suppressed SBR in this configuration? I've googled this stuff to death, but wanted a few more opinions before I drop the $$. An alternative would be taking the rail off every time I want to remove the can... not sure how feasible this is either though.

Thanks

Last edited:

Lafsnguy

Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Aug 11, 2009
    Lafayette
    I would check out the tbac 30ps its like 7 inches long and pretty light. You will give up some suppression with shorter cans but if its for hunting it I would say weight and length are more important.

LaBelle

Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    Apr 7, 2009
    Near Natchitoches
    Why not a shorter rail and keep use the can you currently have?

That's what I did, but then I don't hang a lot off the stuff of rails, you might.
    8.5" 300 BLK with a 7" Samson Evolution rail;

Gunfun_zpsac4b4d94.jpg
    [/URL][/IMG]

HogHunter1203

Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Feb 16, 2012
    SWLA
    Why not a shorter rail and keep use the can you currently have?

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

Comfort mainly. Got a carbine length rail on a 556 rifle, and just never have liked it. There's not enough space mount the kill light and still be able to comfortably grip the fore end. The light itself takes up about 1/3 of the rail space. Also the short rail makes it tough to hold/stabilize whether on foot or in a blind. When I put the 16" blackout together, I chose a 15" rail for that reason and really enjoy the extra real estate. Since I'm dumping this much money into a firearm, I want to enjoy it as much as possible.

eMGunslinger

Weapon Savant
    Rating - 100%
    25   0   0
    Sep 15, 2010
    Denham Springs, LA
    I run full length rails on all the ones I have built, and don't build QD suppressors or anything and no one has ever complained about fumbling with taking it off. Most people that get suppressor only take them off for cleaning anyway and have a dedicated gun. YHM rails are great though because the ID is quite large. Also I think they look cooler!
    1508252_10201350219662989_793307678_n.jpg

HogHunter1203

Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Feb 16, 2012
    SWLA
    Thanks for all the replies. Decided to go with the TBAC 30PS. Really, the only thing that kept me from Templar was the price difference. Now gotta cross my fingers and hope the approval process continues to take 3 months.

jgreco15

The Zebra
    Rating - 100%
    53   0   0
    Feb 15, 2009
    Lafayette, LA
    I would check out the tbac 30ps its like 7 inches long and pretty light. You will give up some suppression with shorter cans but if its for hunting it I would say weight and length are more important.

What about the PSS? Even shorter and can still handle full power 300WM loads.

aleks61

Rating - 100%
    49   0   0
    Sep 18, 2012
    Baton Rouge
    SWR specwar 7.62, its under 120 decibals with 300 blk out. Trying to buy 1 or 2, but the guy I buy from locally has been hard to reach lately. Going to order from Silencer Shop for $720 each and free shipping.

Last edited:

HogHunter1203

Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Feb 16, 2012
    SWLA
    Looked into the PSS, but Zak from Thunderbeast pretty consistently says it's pretty quiet on subs (but not as good as the PS or P-1) but not great for supers which I plan to shoot at least occasionally. Plus the PS is supposed to be rated for 300WM also and only 2-3db less suppression than the P-1.

Aleks61, I ordered the TBAC from silencershop also. They say it will take 3-6 weeks for transfer to dealer. Check with Lafsnguy on here. He's been extremely helpful and great to work with. Plus he efiles everything which gives you about a 6 month head start over snail mail.

aleks61

Rating - 100%
    49   0   0
    Sep 18, 2012
    Baton Rouge
    Looked into the PSS, but Zak from Thunderbeast pretty consistently says it's pretty quiet on subs (but not as good as the PS or P-1) but not great for supers which I plan to shoot at least occasionally. Plus the PS is supposed to be rated for 300WM also and only 2-3db less suppression than the P-1.

Aleks61, I ordered the TBAC from silencershop also. They say it will take 3-6 weeks for transfer to dealer. Check with Lafsnguy on here. He's been extremely helpful and great to work with. Plus he efiles everything which gives you about a 6 month head start over snail mail.

Will look into that, thanks my friend.

cowdog

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 1, 2011
    My plan on a build is a 8.2" bbl and using a SAS Arbiter Ti, TBA 30P-1, or AAC Cyclone for maximum suppression with subs or supers.

JWG223

Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Aug 16, 2011
    Shreveport
    My plan on a build is a 8.2" bbl and using a SAS Arbiter Ti, TBA 30P-1, or AAC Cyclone for maximum suppression with subs or supers.

I really think the Specwar 7.62 is the quietest can out there on 300BLK, especially subs. It's a behemoth, though.

cajun_64

Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    Mar 22, 2012
    Abbeville
    I really think the Specwar 7.62 is the quietest can out there on 300BLK, especially subs. It's a behemoth, though.

I just e-filed for a specwar. Will do the sbr in a month or so, pending a brotherinlaw sale.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Ferrara Fire

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Dec 12, 2013
    Baton Rouge, Louisiana
    The Thunderbeast has some nice cans, We do $75 transfers, e file or paper, individuals have to go the paper route, trusts are easy. We are a Stocking dealer for AAC, and will be soon for Thunderbeast. Anyway, none of our AAC cans have showed up, but we are still a stocking Dealer!

Top Bottom