.357 MAG Auto Pistols.....1911 BABY!!!

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • kajuntriton

*Banned*
    Rating - 100%
    135   0   0
    May 2, 2009
    BR, G-Town, P-Ville
    Here is my latest addition to the Shooting Sport of "SPORTING FIREARMS" :rolleyes:

Anyway......NO I have NOT fired this COONAN yet, but will be running the heck out of it in a few days for dang sure!!
    This thing is FREEKING AWESOME!!!

This is one of the VERY first ones (COONAN 1911 .357 MAGNUM) with the NEW FRAMES.....they just started using these in the last 2 weeks....This baby ROCKS!!!!!

COONAN.357%25202.jpeg

COONAN.357%25203.jpeg

COONAN.357%2520wStG1.jpeg

COONAN.357%2520wStG2.jpeg

Bam Bam

Certified gun nut!
    Rating - 100%
    40   0   0
    Nov 23, 2008
    Denham Springs/Watson, La
    A 1911 in .357 Magnum caliber?? OMG, now that's a pistol even I could love..357 magnum is my favorite caliber, but to have it in a S/A platform not to mention a 1911 frame is awesome! Eagerly awaiting a range report of this beast.

Bam Bam

bigoo7e

Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Mar 6, 2012
    Haughton, La. 71037
    Thanks guys, she is SWEET!!!

7 PLUS 1 in pipe!

ETA: Also shoots .38 Special of course!

Would you need to shoot a hotter 38Spl load in the gun for the slide to cycle properly? I would think that a standard pressure load wouldn't do the job, a lot like how 38Spl loads won't cycle properly in a Desert Eagle in 357, I could be wrong though. Anyone else want to chime in?

kajuntriton

*Banned*
    Rating - 100%
    135   0   0
    May 2, 2009
    BR, G-Town, P-Ville
    Would you need to shoot a hotter 38Spl load in the gun for the slide to cycle properly? I would think that a standard pressure load wouldn't do the job, a lot like how 38Spl loads won't cycle properly in a Desert Eagle in 357, I could be wrong though. Anyone else want to chime in?

GREAT QUESTION.....
    I will answer that question in a few days......I have standard as well as +p .38spcl ammo

Ironman26

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 18, 2010
    Patterson, La
    The Coonan is a nice fit for large paws. I've been considering a Coonan since they came out. Wondering how long it will be before someone will put out a .44 mag in 1911!!!!

ericlosh

Rating - 100%
    46   0   0
    Jul 31, 2011
    Slidell LA

you need a recoil spring switch for both, same thing with the rhino "auto" revolvers, if im not mistaken

jdindadell

Not Banned!!!
    Rating - 100%
    267   0   1
    Feb 14, 2010
    Slidell
    From what I read Coonan should have supplied another lower powered recoil spring to use when shooting 38spl.

Nice looking gun dude. Interested to see what you think of it after some shooting.

I am a big fan of the desert eagle in 357, most accurate handgun I think I have shot so far.

kajuntriton

*Banned*
    Rating - 100%
    135   0   0
    May 2, 2009
    BR, G-Town, P-Ville

Spoke with Coonan, the pistol cycles fine with .38 +P BUT not recommended to use with standard .38 spl ammo.....maybe fine after MANY rounds but again NOT recommended......

How big is the grip compared to a normal 1911? How different is the reach for the trigger?

Honestly not bad at all.....I don't have really small hands BUT again I don't have SUPER LARGE hands either.... here are a few pics for reference....

1911s3.jpg

coonaninhand.JPG

parainhand.JPG

siginhand.JPG

1911wcoonan.JPG

Top Bottom