.357 Sig?

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • JBP55

La. CHP Instructor #409
    Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    338   0   0
    Apr 15, 2008
    Walker
    If you're using FMJ's any handgun round greater than 9mm Luger will penetrate a car door. Why are you shooting at people in cars? If they're trying to get away it's hardly self defense. If they're trying to run you over shoot through the glass or get out of the way. If they're shooting at you for inside a car shoot back. I doubt during the stress of a shooting incident you'll even notice if the rounds are hitting the door and then the person shooting at you.
    http://www.theboxotruth.com/docs/buickot3.htm

Dave

Any handgun round greater than 9mm? A G34 with 124 NATO penetrates as well as MOST carry handguns (9mm - .45) when shot with standard ball ammo.

ktate

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 3, 2009
    New Orleans
    Sig 226 in 357 sig caliber is the issued sidearm for SS personnel. For gun carrying employees stationed in the DC metro area they must qualify every 30 days. That's a lot of rounds fired. The pistol and ammo have earned a solid reputation among SS agents.

JBP55

La. CHP Instructor #409
    Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    338   0   0
    Apr 15, 2008
    Walker
    Sig 226 in 357 sig caliber is the issued sidearm for SS personnel. For gun carrying employees stationed in the DC metro area they must qualify every 30 days. That's a lot of rounds fired. The pistol and ammo have earned a solid reputation among SS agents.

I would still be shooting a .357 Sig. if the Feds. were buying my ammunition as they do for the SS. For the same money I can shoot twice as many 9mm.

charlie12

Not a Fed.
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Apr 21, 2008
    Pride

My cousin that was a Air Marshal loved his too. And I like mine.

charlie12

Not a Fed.
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Apr 21, 2008
    Pride
    The good thing is almost every time I go in Walmart they have 357Sig ammo when they are out of everything else.

ktate

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 3, 2009
    New Orleans
    I would still be shooting a .357 Sig. if the Feds. were buying my ammunition as they do for the SS. For the same money I can shoot twice as many 9mm.

I agree completely...and for that reason I've begun buying 9mm for my retirement years and I don't own a 9mm at this time. I expect I'll purchase a Glock 19 at the LEO discount before I call it quits.

JBP55

La. CHP Instructor #409
    Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    338   0   0
    Apr 15, 2008
    Walker
    I agree completely...and for that reason I've begun buying 9mm for my retirement years and I don't own a 9mm at this time. I expect I'll purchase a Glock 19 at the LEO discount before I call it quits.

I am retired without a retirement income so I shoot what I can afford. My Sig. P229 DAO was fun to shoot and very accurate but cost $$$$ to shoot so I sold it to an Attorney for $500. He can afford to feed it.

Gumbo

Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Apr 28, 2009
    Lafayette
    I've got a Sig 229 in .40 and I've got the drop in factory .357Sig barrel as well. I shoot both caliber's equally well. I did notice that the .357Sig is a much snappier round, a lot more muzzle flash and consequently, a much dirtier round. It's nice to know that if the world ends, I have two options with one gun, but until then, the .357 barrel is staying in my range bag.

EDIT: I'd be willing to meet you at Barney's one day and let you shoot both so you can make an informed decision if you like, just send me a PM.

Last edited:

bjb550

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 16, 2008
    Love my Glock 31 in .357 sig also bought a few 30 rnd .40 mags which feed the .357 flawlesly, and installed a m6 tactical light and laser. If only it shot full auto, lol (hey a man can dream can't he)

Last edited:
    Top Bottom