357 wadcutter loads

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • gwpercle

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 20, 2013
    Baton Rouge, LA.
    Gary, I would very much like the data for Unique and 231. Thank you!

The coated 138 grain wadcutters were purchased from Bayou Bullets. I'm using .357 brass instead of .38 special brass because I have .357 brass and I'm set up to reload .357. Because I shoot quite a bit (800 rounds a week) I prefer not to have to do a lot of reconfiguring of my loading setup.
    357 magnum - 148 gr. cast RCBS #38-148-WC , sized .358"
    Ruger Security-Six - 6" bbl .
    Standard primer - CCI 500

Unique Powder :
    start load - 6.7 grs Unique @ 1163 fps
    max load - 7.2 grs Unique @ 1241 fps

231 Powder:
    start load - 2.8 grs @ 634 fps
    max load - 3.6 @ 749 fps

These are some good powders / loads for 357 & Wadcutters. I shoot a lot of the 160 gr. wadcutter, Lyman #358432 in both 357 and 38 special ... little known but great bullet .
    Gary

Magdump

Don’t troll me bro!
    Rating - 100%
    163   0   0
    Dec 31, 2013
    Hammond, Louisiana
    Apparently I violated BS rules by publishing pics of the handbook yesterday. Hope this post helps.

View attachment 159714
    Just curious, if the picture of an article or what have you shows credit to the actual source, is it still against the rules? Anyone? I’ve posted up pages from magazines and make sure to show the source when I do. I can’t think of any potential liability except not giving credit or actually receiving some type of compensation for posting. I’m assuming since the site receives payment for advertising that constitutes some sort of piracy?

Mitch Dufour

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 21, 2009
    Ruston
    Just curious, if the picture of an article or what have you shows credit to the actual source, is it still against the rules? Anyone? I’ve posted up pages from magazines and make sure to show the source when I do. I can’t think of any potential liability except not giving credit or actually receiving some type of compensation for posting. I’m assuming since the site receives payment for advertising that constitutes some sort of piracy?
    I posted one compiled image that clearly showed the cover of the publication as well as the load data. I am personally not willing to share MY own data with people on the internet, but will happily share published data.

It took me some digging to find the rule I stepped on, and I take no offense at the deletion of my post. Not my house, not my rules.

copyright.JPG

sffone

Premium Member
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 3, 2019
    Baton Rouge, LA
    A well respected Cast Bullet Mold Maker that publishes hand books has a load for a .357 Magnum 141gr (Linotype) Wadcutter # using Unique. 1.435" OAL

Starting load of 5.8 gr for 960 fps
    Max load of 7.9 gr for 1289 fps

Apparently I violated BS rules by publishing pics of the handbook yesterday. Hope this post helps.

View attachment 159714
    Thanks a bunch!! Much appreciated!

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    adgram1013
    Top Bottom