The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • posse comatosis

Hoo-ahh!
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 15, 2008
    Bayou Perdition
    Kel-tec is a cheaper version of the ruger

The Ruger LCP is a more expensive version of the KelTec. Manufacturers shouldn't copy other people's guns. It shows their ass, and by all accounts, Ruger's ass is really showing with the LCP.

I encourage anyone considering either to hold a KelTec or LCP in one hand, and a J frame in the other, and buy the one they think is most likely to go bang when needed.

Kraut

LEO
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Oct 3, 2007
    Slidell, LA
    Hold off, Taurus, Kahr, and Sig are all coming out with new, small .380s, and don't forget NAA Guardian. As for what I've used myself, I have a Colt Mustang Pocketlite that hits accurately but doesn't cycle for sh!t (due to see a smith soon), a Kel-Tec P3AT that's never once had a problem (hundreds of rounds through), and I've shot the Ruger LCP which didn't overly impress me as any better than the Kel-Tec, I found I had to make a conscious effort to place my thumb "out" of the thumb groove to avoid the tip of my thumb being rubbed by the tip of my trigger finger during the long pull. I've shot a Walther that was fine, and please, PLEASE don't waste money on a Jennings/Bryco (also read as Breako). I couln't in good conscience sell the Breako, so I donated to our academy for decommisioning and use as a red gun for training.

ktate

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 3, 2009
    New Orleans
    I did enough research to make my decision, and bought two Rugers ($330 each). Put one away for a family member and took the other to the NG Armory in Slidell for testing. Straight out of the box I ran 200 rounds without a failure of any kind. Ammo was restricted to Speer gold dot. I'm not a huge fan of the .380 round but I am a big fan of this Ruger. For what it's worth, I have family members and friends who are avid shooters and two serving as FT instructors. They all bought the Keltec before Ruger offered one. They've never looked back.

L

Louisiana Shooter

I have heard several reports of Kel-Tec 3AT's having problems after just a few thousand rounds, but then again, they are made to be carried a lot and shot just a little. Because I shoot my carry guns a lot, I bought a p-32 to carry occasionally as a BUG.

I'd give the LCP a few more years before I'd get one. I'd be happy to do testing and evaluation for Ruger, but I won't pay them for the priviledge - and I own stock in Ruger!

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    cajuntiger84
    Top Bottom