.40 fire sale

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • hunter5567

Monolithic Mentor
    Rating - 100%
    133   0   0
    Oct 9, 2006
    Denham Springs, LA. near B.R.
    Here is another picture of a magazine. Words can't have more than one meaning, eh? Magazines have been called clips for probably 50 years or more.
    The clip that was pictured above is a stripper clip.

Attachments

• Outdoor Life.jpg
      Outdoor Life.jpg
      4.2 KB · Views: 55

Bobcat32

*Banned*
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Feb 11, 2011
    Lake Charles

wtf are you talking about speedy,,No1 said anything about a shotgun...or loading one...
    Put down the funny looking cigar speedracer :(

A magazine is an ammunition storage and feeding device within or attached to a repeating firearm. Magazines may be integral to the firearm (fixed) or removable (detachable). The magazine functions by moving the cartridges stored in the magazine into a position where they may be loaded into the chamber by the action of the firearm. The detachable magazine is often referred to as a CLIP !!!!!!

It so people like you can read it,along with others that understand it very easily.Are you a teacher or something?I would hope not!!!

Last edited:

CJB1911

PEW PEW PEW
    Rating - 100%
    56   0   0
    Mar 16, 2010
    SWLA
    wtf are you talking about speedy,,No1 said anything about a shotgun...or loading one...
    Put down the funny looking cigar speedracer :(

A magazine is an ammunition storage and feeding device within or attached to a repeating firearm. Magazines may be integral to the firearm (fixed) or removable (detachable). The magazine functions by moving the cartridges stored in the magazine into a position where they may be loaded into the chamber by the action of the firearm. The detachable magazine is often referred to as a CLIP !!!!!!

It so people like you can read it,along with others that understand it very easily,Are you a teacher or something?I hope not!!!

I stand corrected... If it's cut n pasted from wikipedia; it must be true!!!

Consider my post cheerfully withdrawn. :D

Bobcat32

*Banned*
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Feb 11, 2011
    Lake Charles
    damn skippy !!!! If your so smart and wise oh ye of no faith.You are more than welcome to disprove the information from Wiki.That is why we have discussions.To prove or disprove the topic.I know two words that have the same meaning.How about stupid and dumb.?

Last edited:

CJB1911

PEW PEW PEW
    Rating - 100%
    56   0   0
    Mar 16, 2010
    SWLA
    damn skippy !!!! If your so smart and wise oh ye of no faith.You are more than welcome to disprove the information from Wiki.That is why we have discussions.To prove or disprove the topic.I know two words that have the same meaning.How about stupid and dumb.?

Apparently, my sarcasm alludes you.

BTW from Wikipedia:
    Dumb may refer to:
    A historical term for muteness, the condition of being unwilling or unable to speak, and now often seen as pejorative
    Stupid may refer to:
    Stupidity, a lack of intelligence
    :D

Baldrik78

Misanthrope Savant
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Jul 7, 2009
    Baton Rouge, LA
    The irony of someone, who doesn't even know how to use a freakin' comma, calling someone else stupid or dumb is really just fantastic. Absolutely absurd, but fantastic, none the less.

Sin-ster

GM of 4 Letter Outbursts
    Rating - 100%
    33   0   0
    On the .40--

It amazes me that people flock to it when buying new firearms. You'd be shocked at people who want a G23 or other subcompact for their wife or girlfriend, chambered in 40 caliber. Many of them have never shot a handgun before in their life.

What does this mean for the market availability? I think (on top of police trade ins), it's actually the most abundant caliber on the market right now. My guess is that 9mm and .45 split the difference of what the .40 doesn't accumulate. Just speculation, of course.

On "Clips"--

I have yet to hear a knowledgeable, experienced or serious shooter or "gun person" refer to a magazine as a "clip". It's a commonly used term, sure-- thanks to pop culture. I highly doubt there's a custom shop gunsmith, professional shooter or military-affiliated "gun guy" out there who uses the term. But yeah-- plenty of rappers, little kids who know nothing of firearms outside of CoD, and "casual" shooters and gun owners use the term all of the time.

bronzdragon

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jan 18, 2011
    Yardley, PA
    Well, I bought mine in 97, and it was my first. My reasoning at the time, was that I wanted something with a little more punch then a 9mm and not as much kick as a .45. This was before it was real popular and I even had to order the g23c in, because the store didn't carry them. It's proven to be a good gun over the years though, think it's a 2nd generation, not sure. It's been anything but cheap to shoot though.

~rc~

oleheat

Professional Amateur
    Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    May 18, 2009
    I've heard people insist that the .40 S&W has a much snappier! recoil than the .45 ACP.

Me? I don't see it. Yeah, it's a higher presure round than the old .45 low-pressure warhorse. So is the 9mm, for that matter.....

But still....I've always thought the .40 to be quite mild in the recoil dept....

Last edited:

bronzdragon

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jan 18, 2011
    Yardley, PA
    Well, that was my reasoning before I had any real experience with shooting it. Just taking into account round sizes etc. I do not have a .45, but I will say that the 23c i have is pleasant to shoot, but does have a bit more of a kick then my Sig 229 in 9mm. The .40 I have is compensated though, so that may reduce some of the kick, at least that is the theory. It looks cool shooting fire out of the top though :).

~rc~

kcinnick

Training Ferrous Metal
    Rating - 100%
    28   0   0
    Dec 24, 2008
    Baton Rouge
    Reminds me when I was looking for an M&P9 this week. I went into BJ Pawn when I was passing by to see if they had an M&P9 in stock and one of the other customers said I didn't need a 9, I needed to get a judge. After declining to look at a judge the other customer said at least get a .40 for the knock down power! The guy behind the counter responded with, yeah but they are too snappy.

The only .40 I ever shot was very un-snappy, it happened to be a custom STI, but it was very mild none the less.

Last edited:

CUJOHUNTER

EARPLUGS??
    Rating - 100%
    156   0   0
    May 19, 2009
    New Orleans
    ".40 fanboys" need to learn their guns. Not talkin bout us here,but the idiots that buy these guns cuz their favorite rap star raps about one or they see it glorified in movies. .40s are fine if you can handle em,and there really is not much ado about anything IMO. For me...I'm a 357 fanboy. I respect all calibers but I always come home to the Elmer Kieth special.

Top Bottom