5.56 hits $1,000.00 for a 1000 rds. on gunbroker!

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • SicilianSecrets

Rating - 100%
    47   0   0
    Jul 15, 2010
    Baton Rouge/New Orleans, LA
    one thing is for sure, i am going to re-think who i do buissness with from now on. all these stores and gun shops that got on board the rape train and start sticking it to their customers, will never see another dime of my money. we need to start a list and point them out. we are supposed to be a community of enthuseist that stick together when things get tough, not break it off in each others you know what the second you can. i won't name names right now but i was in a recently in a gun shop in metairie the other day. federal 62 gr. green tip, $20.00 for twenty rds., bulgarian circle 10 mags $60.00, pmags close to $50.00. thats nuts. i have spent thousands in there over the years, never another dime.

+1

I agree... we should compile a list of everyone (businesses/individuals) who are gouging and list it on the site. I for one will NEVER shop at a few places again, including CHEAPER THAN DIRT, and others... this is ridiculous. Maybe we can tag the list on the site for everyone to see?

gotabyte

Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Mar 23, 2011
    Slidell, LA
    +1

I agree... we should compile a list of everyone (businesses/individuals) who are gouging and list it on the site. I for one will NEVER shop at a few places again, including CHEAPER THAN DIRT, and others... this is ridiculous. Maybe we can tag the list on the site for everyone to see?

On this site too. There's someone selling 400 rounds for $450 of 5.56.

enutees

Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jul 4, 2010
    Prairieville
    I'm not for taking individuals names but I do wish I could post "eat a dick" in all of the price gougers ads on this board. I don't really care what people do on Gunbroker or elsewhere but I've always thought people were better than that on Bayoushooter. I understand a premium price but not this crap a few have tried to do here the last two days.
    Hopefully everyone here is more level headed on bayoushooter. I have been a little entertained watching auctions on gunbroker though. $2500 ARs (PSA, STAG, Bushmaster) have been commonplace. The mags are the most amazing as AR mags didn't hit $70 during the worst of the original AWB.

jasonj5313

Rating - 100%
    41   0   0
    Dec 29, 2011
    Ponchatoula
    This probably isnt the right place to put this, but please be aware that SOME of this is not gouging. On SOME things distributors are raising prices on the back end which means manufacturers are raising theirs as well. I am not saying ctd or other are doing the right thing, but on SOME stuff the higher prices are justifiable.

Dealers have started raising prices because of higher replacement costs. (Again SOME things are justifiable, while others are not)

Sent from my HTC PH39100 using Tapatalk 2

Blackhawk

Blackhawk
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Mar 3, 2008
    Pollock LA
    Forget gold & silver, it now appears that a judicious investment in ammo is the way to go! I've been right all along (as I keep telling my wife when the subject of jewelry comes up).

Last edited:

egl1962

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 2, 2011
    +1

yep, these people are the scum of the earth. i don't look at what they are doing any different than someone selling gas or water for $10.00 a gallon after a hurricane.

dantheman

I despise ARFCOM
    Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    65   0   0
    Jan 9, 2008
    City of Central
    yep, these people are the scum of the earth. i don't look at what they are doing any different than someone selling gas or water for $10.00 a gallon after a hurricane.
    How can you even remotely compare the two ? People NEEDED gas and water after the hurricane . Tell me one person that NEEDS a PMag or a case of .223 .

Skiney

*Banned*
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    Nov 29, 2010
    Between the A & the T
    Today's going Price?

Wonder what today's going price is on these bullits? lol

p6mjg0o5b2xexbe6mf3v.jpg

egl1962

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 2, 2011
    Sealed spam cans went up about $40 in the past month. Plus Silver Bear and Golden Tiger are dried up nationally. I see waaaaay too much Tula floating around. Wolf is almost completely gone. Almost.
    it's gone up about $150.00 - $200.00 a thousand on gb. its stayed the same at academy and walmart and such.

egl1962

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 2, 2011
    one person? it could be you if you don't have it when you need it. i understand a hurricane is a crisis situation and water is a necessity for survival, but when someone starts talking about screwing around with my second amendment rights i likewise might view that as a crisis situation because the very things they are talking about restricting or taking away could also be necessary for my survival one day.

kcinnick

Training Ferrous Metal
    Rating - 100%
    28   0   0
    Dec 24, 2008
    Baton Rouge
    I am really need a PCC. I can actually make 9mm cheaper than what .22 is going for right now, oh and that is at current primer/powder prices.

dantheman

I despise ARFCOM
    Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    65   0   0
    Jan 9, 2008
    City of Central
    one person? it could be you if you don't have it when you need it. i understand a hurricane is a crisis situation and water is a necessity for survival, but when someone starts talking about screwing around with my second amendment rights i likewise might view that as a crisis situation because the very things they are talking about restricting or taking away could also be necessary for my survival one day.
    Panic buying of PMags should not be construed as screwing around with your 2A rights .
    Remember , we're talking about " price gouging " here .

egl1962

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 2, 2011
    Panic buying of PMags should not be construed as screwing around with your 2A rights .
    Remember , we're talking about " price gouging " here .
    no doubt it is price gouging, and that was my point when i started this thread. but how does the price gouging start? from a bunch of unethical dealers, sellers, suppliers what ever, feeding off of the fears of a few who find themselves unprepared, and their fear that the government is going to restrict their 2nd. amendment rights and they better get it while they still can. its unconscionable.

whitsend

-Global Mod-
    Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Sep 6, 2009
    Transylvania, LA
    What gets me is, when supply greatly exceeds demand and the price goes down, leaving dealers/sellers making pennies on the dollar returns, you don't complain.
    At those times you love the free market economy!

But when the pendulum swings the other way, demand greatly exceeds supply and the price goes up, then dealer/sellers make the "BIG" profits for a short period of time, people start whining.
    At these time you want communism, price controls, stone the business man who is trying to make more profit than YOU think he should be allowed to make.

You can't have your cake and eat it to.
    Supply and demand will always self regulate prices.
    When people stop buying at the high prices they will come down.
    When dealers/seller start getting ammo and mags in stock and sales slow down, someone will offer a lower price, then someone else will offer an even lower price, then...........
    This is the was a free market economy works.

This thread is about an AUCTION. The market set the price, not the seller.

Top Bottom