NLFS: 5 Gun Sale

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Gator 45/70

Rating - 100%
    31   0   0
    Cleaning out the closet and i've pulled these 5 since it is rare that they see daylight...
    If they sell..good... if they don't...still good..So here goes...
    From left to right...
    Winchester Model 290 22lr.Don't know much about this rifle...Bought it this summer...Went to the camp and put about 20 rds through it..Shoot's fine..No jamming...$125.00

Next...7X57 Mauser..Drilled and tapped for scope..Small ring...Sporterized..Matching #...Last shot it in 04/05
    Killed a buck and a pig with it.Pretty sure it's fairly old...I should have perhaps 3 box's of shell to throw in...$250.00

Next...Mossberg 500..A true truck gun...I made a brass safe/fire slide for it and it's mounted now...A bit rough but was shooting fine back in 04''...Last time i shot it...12 Guage 3''..20''bbl...$150.00...Next..

A true safe Queen...Browning Citori/Invector Choke system 3''...Model Field...Grade 1...
    Bought this new back in the early 80's...Put a load of #6 down each tube...Cleaned it and has been in the gun safe since the 1980's...It did suffer a small ding on the stock as shown in the picture..Come's with the box,book and choke wrench...$1200.00...

At the very top is a Iver Johnson Bulldog 4'' in a 38...Not much Blueing left on it since it's at least 100 yrs old...
    Gun fills tight..But i have no blackpowder ammo to use...$100.00

F.T.F...Lafayette Area...
    Not really interested in trade's...However a Ruger Mini 14 Target may get my attention...

Edit...Can no longer upload picture's...Someone i can send to in a e-mail perhaps'.???

Last edited:

chad

Rating - 100%
    156   0   0
    Jul 27, 2010
    Baton Rouge
    Here
    5gun001.jpg

5gun002.jpg

5gun003.jpg

5gun004.jpg

5gun005.jpg

Gator 45/70

Rating - 100%
    31   0   0
    A little back ground on the Mauser...
    I had bought this and a Acme arms 12 guage hammer eared shotgun from one of my old neighbor's who was then about 85 yrs. old..
    He told me this is a Spanish Mauser and that he had hunted with it for at least 40 years...
    I'm not a Mauser guy so that's about all i can say about the gun...Except that i shot a buck and hog with it using a 140 gr soft nose...1 shot each...Both down...

Quas

IT'S GOOD TO BE THE KING
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Sep 12, 2006
    Gonzales, LA
    Winchester Model 290 22lr.Don't know much about this rifle...Bought it this summer...Went to the camp and put about 20 rds through it..Shoot's fine..No jamming...$125.00

Can you post a picture? Any idea of year on it? I have 3 model 190's and love them. Not sure what the 290 looks like. Don't want to google it and it show random guns.

Quas

IT'S GOOD TO BE THE KING
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Sep 12, 2006
    Gonzales, LA
    Crap, realized the 290 must be the bolt action in those pics. I already bought 2 bolt actions for my twin nephews :(

Quas

IT'S GOOD TO BE THE KING
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Sep 12, 2006
    Gonzales, LA
    From the description, the bolt is the Mauser and the Winny is the one with the scope on the far left.

I believe you are correct. Dang me trying to work and think at the same time! If the 290 doesn't sell let me know. I'd like to have an almost matching gun for my son. It looks exactly like my 2 190's.

You have insufficient privileges to reply here.
    Top Bottom