5 or 6in limited gun build??????

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • whitea87

WhiteA87
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    May 27, 2010
    Luling,LA
    I'm a production and single stack shooter that wants to switch to limited. "I wanna go fast" -Ricky Bobby. Looking for some different point of views about the types of limted guns. LDC, SDC, 6in, Sight Tracker, ect. What shoots the best and feels the softest? Who should I choose to do the build? Tough Decision to make.lol. All the input you can lay on me would be great....

gmshooter

Gold Member
    Rating - 100%
    328   0   0
    Jan 21, 2009
    Gramercy La.
    I tried to shoot the 6" guns when benny hill fisrt started doing them. First shot was on target but not the second. Never could get used to them. I will stick with the 5" guns.

ENVPMBR Shooter

Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    May 11, 2010
    Baton Rouge, La
    I have a 5" Brazos and I love it. Most of the 6" that you see out there are cut up so much they weigh the same a a 5". I will have my 5" at CAS this weekend. If you are there you are more than welcome to shoot it after the match.

scooterj

Stupid is 'posed to hurt
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 14, 2008
    LaPlace
    Talk to Woody. Takes a little time to learn the timing, but once you do, you won't want anything to do with a 5 inch gun

dmh

Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Jan 4, 2009
    Partly it's all about spring weight, slide weight, bullet, powder, excetera. Ability does make a difference, but most things are just timing issues as Scooter said. 20% more sight radius is great on the longer shots, hope we keep getting a lot more of those. To really find out shoot both at 40 +yards (great training distance) and see what happens. Then move up to 15 yards and make your choice.

whitea87

WhiteA87
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    May 27, 2010
    Luling,LA
    The 6" seems to becoming a very popular choice. Yea scooter, woody gives great reviews about his FGW 6". How's the transition from one week shooting a 6" to the next week ssk gun. I am sure it's all practice.

kajunprepper

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 24, 2011
    Convent LA
    AW... The timing on the 6" is different. Takes a small amount of time to understand. 3-4 weeks. Its DIFFERENT from a SS 1911 we are both used to shooting. But once the feel comes, it works. Bottom line, you can choose a 5, 5.5 or 6" guns, its all good. What matters is the fitting, the LOCKUP, and the finish on Bobby's guns. I encourage you to look at the XC1 model. 90 days delivery is what Ive been told directly from the horse's mouth.

jwglock

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jun 28, 2011
    Ponchatoula, LA
    If you decide to go with something from FGW let me know. Ive got a $250 gift certificate that I will make you a deal on.

Last edited:

scooterj

Stupid is 'posed to hurt
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 14, 2008
    LaPlace
    I can probably set you up with CRSpeed holster & pouches for Sunday if you want to take Jared up on his offer

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    PatRome
    Top Bottom