$5000.00 stim from gov to buy golf carts **WTH

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • penguin

Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Sep 12, 2006
    Slidell, LA / NOLA
    I wish it was for golf carts. The IRS brief specifically excludes ELVs that are made for off road use. The IRS stated that golf carts, no matter what equipment is on them, are excluded from this credit. Also, the credit tops out at 10% of the value of the vehicle.

With that said, I've seen conflicting info on this. I'll look into it more and see what I find as I'm in the market for a cart now. BTW, I'm white...lol

Last edited:

penguin

Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Sep 12, 2006
    Slidell, LA / NOLA
    It's for NEV (neighborhood electric vehicles). Golf cars are on there but they have to have certain equipment. You can get it for free after the tax credit.

Skip, what you said is true and false. What the proposed legislation change says is that the threshold for taxing those things would be raised from 7.5 percent to 10 percent, meaning that people whose medical device expenses do not amount to 10 percent of their taxable income would not get the deduction and would have to pay taxes on those expenditures at regular rates. People already pay taxes on those things, it's just a change in the rate. I don't agree with this unless the .gov wants to increase the COLA for retirees. Of note, the proposed legislation won't start until 2014.

oleheat

Professional Amateur
    Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    May 18, 2009
    Hey- what say a few of us form a corporation & seek a Federal Stimulus Package to fund a "whitetail deer study" at the Sanctuary Ranch in Michigan this winter?

lightbulb+idea.jpg

penguin

Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Sep 12, 2006
    Slidell, LA / NOLA
    Did more research. It's not a dollar for dollar
    tax credit, per se. You'll get a credit against your adjusted income tax which means you'll probably mean you'll get a 25% full credit.

SKIPP3RLANDRY

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 2, 2009
    Denham Springs
    It's for NEV (neighborhood electric vehicles). Golf cars are on there but they have to have certain equipment. You can get it for free after the tax credit.

Skip, what you said is true and false. What the proposed legislation change says is that the threshold for taxing those things would be raised from 7.5 percent to 10 percent, meaning that people whose medical device expenses do not amount to 10 percent of their taxable income would not get the deduction and would have to pay taxes on those expenditures at regular rates. People already pay taxes on those things, it's just a change in the rate. I don't agree with this unless the .gov wants to increase the COLA for retirees. Of note, the proposed legislation won't start until 2014.

Doesn't all this make you want to take their heads and shove it up their asses and then yell, "See what you make us deal with every day, but exclude yourselves from via legally writing "and congress is exempt from this ****" at the end of every bill?"

/sadface

Top Bottom