6.5 Grendel

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • JDIZZ

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 14, 2014
    Central La
    I have got a wild hair up my rear to get one of these uppers. I like different calibers that none of my friends have. Unfortunately that usually is guns that ammo isn't readily available. Do any of you guys reload Grendel and if so what powder, bullet, and primer do you suggest?

spec50trout

Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jul 11, 2012
    Baton Rouge, LA
    The Grendel forum would probably have the most info. You'll likely get more responses here later in the week when folks are back at work goofing off on the net, haha.

jurassic

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 6, 2013
    Pierre Part
    It's hit and miss finding Grendel ammo in the Baton Rouge area, but we hunt with reloads anyway. Lapua Brass, TAC powder, CCI450's and Barnes 100 grn TTSX bullets are deadly and accurate. You will have more luck finding Ammo on sale and available at many on-line shops using Ammoseek, with that said, I have found Hornady at Hebert's and Jim's.

I have got a wild hair up my rear to get one of these uppers. I like different calibers that none of my friends have. Unfortunately that usually is guns that ammo isn't readily available. Do any of you guys reload Grendel and if so what powder, bullet, and primer do you suggest?

RStewart

Not Easily Impressed
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Mar 14, 2009
    Gonzales, LA
    Having owned and shot an Alexander Arms Grendel (I sold it), check the feed lips on the mags. You may have to tweak them a little to get them to feed correctly. The Grendel brass has a very sharp shoulder. Also, unless they have improved them forget about a mag holding the number of rounds it says. 10's don't hold 10, 20's don't hold 20. You usually have to load a round or 2 light. And you may have to polish the feed ramps on the barrel. But, these were issues I had with mine. YMMV

Top Bottom