600y F Class and Prone Match at Palo Alto 12/3

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • mickey

SSST
    Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    192   0   0
    Sep 27, 2008
    Prairieville, LA
    The monthly 600 yard F Class and Prone match is this Saturday at Palo Alto.
    Registration is 0730 to 0830. First rounds down range after registration ends.
    Should be nice weather!

Last edited:

Barney88PDC

SEND IT
    Rating - 100%
    34   0   0
    Jul 16, 2008
    Somewhere over the rainbow
    What kind of guns can go that far? I have my grandpaws 30-30 and I put an awesome BSA MIL dot on it. That is what snipers use, you know the range finding scope. Do you think that my 30-30 can go that far? I have some awesome Remington Core Locks. I never miss the pie plate at 100 and it kills deer dead. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks.

kengel2

Rabble Rabble
    Rating - 100%
    27   0   0
    Jul 14, 2008
    Bedico
    What kind of guns can go that far? I have my grandpaws 30-30 and I put an awesome BSA MIL dot on it. That is what snipers use, you know the range finding scope. Do you think that my 30-30 can go that far? I have some awesome Remington Core Locks. I never miss the pie plate at 100 and it kills deer dead. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks.

Well, only sniper rifles will actually go that far. A 30-30 will make it but only if you load one round at a time.

kz45

1911 cool-aid drinker
    Rating - 100%
    32   0   0
    Jun 8, 2008
    Baton Rouge
    If its a mil dot scope I think you use dot six, or you can turn the thingy on the top a bunch of times and use the center dot, or turn a little and use the middle dot:dunno:
    Thats what's nice about f class, its freestyle:mamoru:

Bam Bam

Certified gun nut!
    Rating - 100%
    41   0   0
    Nov 23, 2008
    Denham Springs/Watson, La
    One thing I can guarantee I'm able to hit @ 600 yards is..................................................................the ground! I have gotten lucky a few times and actually hit a target, but that was just luck. I'm still trying to find my super duper trick shot special top secret reloading recipe for my rifle though, and when I do y'all better look out. :D

Bam Bam

jgreco15

The Zebra
    Rating - 100%
    53   0   0
    Feb 15, 2009
    Lafayette, LA

My friends' dad told me his brother can hit a running deer at 1000 yards with a 30-30 so I KNOW it can be done.

RStewart

Not Easily Impressed
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Mar 14, 2009
    Gonzales, LA
    My friends' dad told me his brother can hit a running deer at 1000 yards with a 30-30 so I KNOW it can be done.

When you start hitting milk jugs at a half mile, let's talk! Used be someone here who's WHOLE family could do it and you talking only one family member....amateur! :)

RStewart

Not Easily Impressed
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Mar 14, 2009
    Gonzales, LA

Well, only sniper rifles will actually go that far. A 30-30 will make it but only if you load one round at a time.

A 30-30 is best suited for 1000 yards plus, easy! Shooting it at 600 yards would give you a distinct advantage over other competiors and could lead to a DQ if you are beating everyone too badly!

Ritten

SSST Mad Scientist
    Rating - 100%
    44   0   0
    Dec 8, 2007
    Thibodaux, Louisiana
    You should really think about bringing a .270 out there to shoot. It only drops 74.5" at 600yds where a .308 will drop 96" so it must be better! I've got a scope that has the 600yd mark on the cross hair too so I know it'll go that far! In fact, I can put the scope on my .45-70 and use it if need be.

Barney88PDC

SEND IT
    Rating - 100%
    34   0   0
    Jul 16, 2008
    Somewhere over the rainbow
    Thanks Ritten but those numbers really kinda confuse me. (I never was really good with math). I'll just put up one of my own targets which is a printout of a deer broadside and just aim a little high. That is what I know and trust me it works.

Top Bottom