7.62x39 at Ammoman.com

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • rcm1201

Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Jul 1, 2012
    Mandeville, LA
    Can't justify paying 75% over what that ammo cost 3 weeks ago. Military classic was $200 for 1000 pretty much everywhere. Still is that cheap if you want to wait with it on sportsmansguide

kcinnick

Training Ferrous Metal
    Rating - 100%
    28   0   0
    Dec 24, 2008
    Baton Rouge
    Can't justify paying 75% over what that ammo cost 3 weeks ago. Military classic was $200 for 1000 pretty much everywhere. Still is that cheap if you want to wait with it on sportsmansguide

Considering Sportsmansguide isn't taking orders for military classic 7.62X39 I guess you would be waiting a long time.

Blake74u

Enthusiast
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Jul 10, 2010
    Pineville, Louisiana
    Most Russian brands tend to work best in AKs and SKSs. You always see reviews done about Russian ammo where some guy with a Mini complains about it not working well with their firearm... (It's well-known that they don't, but for some reason there's always THAT GUY).

Blake74u

Enthusiast
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Jul 10, 2010
    Pineville, Louisiana
    I concur; however, this thread was meant for those new AK and SKS-shooters who are looking for ammo NOW. I feel you bro, I've been stocking up myself since post-2008... But right now, this IS the cheapest out there right now at this moment.

Your comments kind of remind me of something I heard the other day prior to selling my Romy-G AKM: "I'm sorry man, I just can't justify paying over $600 for an AK." -SERIOUSLY?!? That's funny, because at a gun show the other day I saw firearms flying off the tables that were quadrupled in price this month alone. I saw dudes purchasing WASR 10/63s for 2K. Low-tier ARs going for 4K. This isn't 2005 anymore folks. Prices have gone up, and people are suddenly realizing that the Kenyan really does want your guns. Yeah, we're in the clear right now because we have a majority in the House of Representatives, but what about when B.H.O appoints 2 Supreme Court Justices? Right now we have a minority in the Senate. Who do you think confirms the Justices? And how many stupid people in Louisiana do you think there are who are going to vote for Senator Mary Landrieu, AGAIN? (Apparently, I'm in the minority for voting against her twice... Hell, I have a Terrell Bumper Sticker somewhere around the house).

If you can't "justify" paying a certain amount, wait it out and hope that it goes back down... I suspect that it's never going to be the exact price as 2 months ago, but that's just me. I'm a realist.

We live in very interesting times my friend. And I too lament the passing of, "good 'ole days."

headspace

*Banned*
    Rating - 100%
    43   0   0
    Feb 9, 2009
    Hammond
    Most Russian brands tend to work best in AKs and SKSs. You always see reviews done about Russian ammo where some guy with a Mini complains about it not working well with their firearm... (It's well-known that they don't, but for some reason there's always THAT GUY).
    the mini has a true .308 bore and steel jackets can wear the bore pretty quick. As far as I know, 7.62x39 is a Russian round. I'm some guy with a couple mini 30's. mine eat pretty much any ammo, but I'm smart enough not to shoot something that will wreck the barrel. I'm not complaining. I like the rifle better than the Kalashnikov. Just wish there was still plenty of Lapua and Sellier&Bellot around.

There's always THAT guy that seems to get irritated so easily

nola_

Rating - 94.4%
    17   1   0
    Apr 13, 2008
    Nola
    I feel you bro, I've been stocking up myself since post-2008... "

I pretty much finished stocking up by 2008, ;)

Headspace I'm pretty sure I have some x39 brass on stripper clips, will look later, if you want to work something out at a reasonable non-rape price/trade pm me.

You have insufficient privileges to reply here.
    Top Bottom