7 days to go and im nervous as heck!!!!!!!!!

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Fluffy2022

Border hopper stopper
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 20, 2012
    Hammond
    Yes I just had twins and I thought I was gona be scared to death with that but the other part is that I have 7 days till I get to suffer from the wedding cake syndrome and I have to say I’m more freaked out over my first wedding than my kids being born. anyone got any advice?????

JWG223

Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Aug 16, 2011
    Shreveport
    lol working on that with the firearms she dont get any of those lol

...and the house/property, if you own one/any.

Further, protect yourself from Alimony. One of my co-workers was thinking about a divorce until he saw that the Alimony and Child Support alone would nearly wipe him out.

JWG223

Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Aug 16, 2011
    Shreveport
    the fact that you're already referring to it as your "first wedding" speaks volumes...

Nothing wrong with being a realist. I would hope for more blind optimism, though, lol. If I ever get married, I hope I am as doped as a cow led to the slaughter, so at least I can enjoy the first part.

Mac204

Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 6, 2010
    CenLa
    Well, I got married on April 20. We had the ceremony in Scotland in a small village called Dornoch. Personally, I wasnt nervous. I didnt drink until pictures, and the wedding planner thought I was joking when I told her I was going to take a nap. Ive always heard of people being nervous to the point of freaked. I was in my best man's wedding and he didnt seem freaked, and I know he was sober...LOL! Anyways, dude, everything is gonna work out for ya. Dont worry and just try to enjoy it. However, you can only enjoy so many pictures....choose to drink then!!

JWG223

Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Aug 16, 2011
    Shreveport
    Well, I got married on April 20. We had the ceremony in Scotland in a small village called Dornoch. Personally, I wasnt nervous. I didnt drink until pictures, and the wedding planner thought I was joking when I told her I was going to take a nap. Ive always heard of people being nervous to the point of freaked. I was in my best man's wedding and he didnt seem freaked, and I know he was sober...LOL! Anyways, dude, everything is gonna work out for ya. Dont worry and just try to enjoy it. However, you can only enjoy so many pictures....choose to drink then!!

I have never been to a wedding where people were freaked out, either.

LACamper

oldbie
    Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jun 3, 2007
    Metairie, LA
    Sorry dude. Your life is over. You're getting married. Might as well pick out the rocker and the tombstone now. Just a matter of time...

deuxlatch

Airbus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 3, 2011
    Lafayette, La/Houston Tx.
    Here's some advice someone told me 2 weeks after I got married the first time: "Don't marry the one you THINK you can live with, wait for the one you CAN'T live without." I'm on my second marriage, 16yrs now, to my true soulmate. Marriage is something that takes work from both parties. Good luck.

2011Corvette

Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    May 27, 2011
    Louisiana Swamp (BR)
    With all the pre-nup suggestions, it sounds like your planning it to fail!
    You just had 2 kids. Stand up and be a husband and a father. Give 100% towards your marriage.
    Attend Church every Sunday.

Congratulations.

JWG223

Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Aug 16, 2011
    Shreveport
    With all the pre-nup suggestions, it sounds like your planning it to fail!
    You just had 2 kids. Stand up and be a husband and a father. Give 100% towards your marriage.
    Attend Church every Sunday.

Congratulations.

A prenup is planning to fail like wearing a seatbelt is planning to have a wreck.

Other than that, +1. I am not a Christian, but I do know that the more a family does together, the more they will grow together, and if Church is something you have in common, that's a great family-oriented (should be, anyway) activity to make a day of!

Russo

*Banned*
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jun 9, 2008
    Raceland,LA
    i would say bringing someone into this world with two unstable parents is worse than those parents trying to do the right thing and get married..

JWG223

Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Aug 16, 2011
    Shreveport
    i would say bringing someone into this world with two unstable parents is worse than those parents trying to do the right thing and get married..

How is getting married the "right thing"?
    Getting married for the sake of a kid is never "the right thing". People should get married because they want to spend the rest of their lives together--for whatever reasons--hopefully love being one of them.

Congrats on the kids, OP, and congratulations on getting married, I just hope you aren't doing it for the wrong reasons.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Spydy
    Top Bottom