7mm + walmart scope + iphone

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • sraiford

Pro Castle Law
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 1, 2009
    Baton Rouge and Mobile
    [YOUTUBE][/YOUTUBE]Ok, I'm not a rifle marksman, but I can hit a target a 100 yds, and a deer. WELL, I am a member of the Pascagoula DCM range in Moss Point, MS and decided to go play yesterday with my new reloads, and my new free app I found on my Iphone. I put in the bullet weight, bullet coefficiency, FPS, zero range, and weather. It gives me range, FPS, FT-LB, drop, and drift in either inches or MOA. I have a $70, 4x16x40 Center Point scope from walmart, and a Savage 110 7MM Mag with my reloads I just started making. I am so impressed with the app. I've never shot long distances (long to me). I used the app and hit 100, 200, 300, 400, and 500 yd steels.

I have been trying to get out to the 600 yd clinics, but work, family, and range don't always align. BUT I will get out there learn from the more experienced shooters, but for now I'm playing with the Iphone App.

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tJnW4qzDLBI[/ame]

sraiford

Pro Castle Law
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 1, 2009
    Baton Rouge and Mobile
    Nice shooting! What is the name of the app?

"bulletdrop" it has a green background and two bullets on the foreground. Oh, and did I mention I'm cheap and the app is free.

I used the MOA button since my scope has it. It was so easy. Nothing like hitting a button and it saying a 500 yd shot is 9.3 MOA, I put it on 9.5 and pulled the trigger. I never missed the 400 or 500 yd shot.

sraiford

Pro Castle Law
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 1, 2009
    Baton Rouge and Mobile

SimpleGreen

Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Apr 11, 2010
    Livingston, LA
    Nice. Nifty things like that make me sort of want an IPhone. I still have an old Blackberry.

I have the AR22 Centerpoint scope on my Marlin 795. IMO, they're decent scopes for what they are. Cheap scope, cheap rifle, hours of fun :D

sraiford

Pro Castle Law
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 1, 2009
    Baton Rouge and Mobile
    Bayou Pirate, Thanks. As I said gadgets are cool, but I still want get out to one of the 600 yd clinics either here or at my home range to learn how to do it myself. Just like calculators are great, but you really need to know how to do the math yourself.

For me, I was truly impressed with hitting my mark and was kinda of proud of myself too since I did it with my reloads I just started making. When it comes to rifle reloads, I've made 200 and have about 75 of them down range (yes I'm in the infant stage). Not too bad after I asking "why do I have a delay in the ignition" and yall answered "magnum primers?". Oh yeah....

Top Bottom