9-9-9 Plan

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • goodburbon

Whalmitfahrer
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Oct 9, 2008
    Around
    If Cain is elected I hope he doesn't spend 2 years passing this as Obama did the health care while we continue to decline as a country. That can't be his first order of business ,that has to be jobs, jobs, good paying jobs for Americans . The large investors have to be encouraged to reinvest in America.

Sgt.Kramer I have had a Star credit card with them for 10 yrs. never been used . Guess I am just a miser.:chuckles:

Exactly what kind of jobs do you think the president should concentrate on? Aside from adjusting the way they tax and harass businesses, the federal government has no business being an employment bureau. I'm genuinely curious when I hear people say "JOBS", from both sides. Liberals generally want people to be paid to do nothing, or a job created for them within the ranks of government, Conservatives generally mean for the government to get out of the way of business. I'm curious, since you don't appear to be a Liberal, if tax reform isn't jobs, what exactly is?

goodburbon

Whalmitfahrer
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Oct 9, 2008
    Around
    How is 999 scary? Is it just because it's different, not shrouded in 40000 pages of tax code that no one can even understand, too "in your face" so you know what you're paying?

What's scary, is that with the current system where they can audit and they can say "no you were wrong, you now owe us an extra 4000 and the interest on that. If you decide to contest it'll cost an extra 4000....they can freeze your assets etc. With the 999 system it could be as simple as (income*.09=tax) a third grader could do your taxes, and if it makes you happy you can pay him to do it. That's not scary to me, it's liberating.

To think, instead of spending HOURS preparing taxes, looking for deductions, adding column 4a to column 4b if you're filing jointly, but not if you are under 30, unless you have children, and double that if you have a disability...ad nauseum.

JadeRaven

Oh Snap
    Rating - 100%
    60   0   0
    Sep 13, 2006
    Metairie
    How is 999 scary? Is it just because it's different, not shrouded in 40000 pages of tax code that no one can even understand, too "in your face" so you know what you're paying?

What's scary, is that with the current system where they can audit and they can say "no you were wrong, you now owe us an extra 4000 and the interest on that. If you decide to contest it'll cost an extra 4000....they can freeze your assets etc. With the 999 system it could be as simple as (income*.09=tax) a third grader could do your taxes, and if it makes you happy you can pay him to do it. That's not scary to me, it's liberating.

To think, instead of spending HOURS preparing taxes, looking for deductions, adding column 4a to column 4b if you're filing jointly, but not if you are under 30, unless you have children, and double that if you have a disability...ad nauseum.

Do you truly believe that such a plan would require a blind person to pay the same taxes as everyone else? Do you think single mothers would be required to pay as much as everyone else? Will everyone lose their charitable contributions deductions?

If this is the case then returns would actually become simple. There's no way the tax return will become simple. :)

SGT_Kramer

Knuckle Buster
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Dec 23, 2010
    Ball
    Do you truly believe that such a plan would require a blind person to pay the same taxes as everyone else? Do you think single mothers would be required to pay as much as everyone else? Will everyone lose their charitable contributions deductions?

If this is the case then returns would actually become simple. There's no way the tax return will become simple. :)
    I know what you mean but thats something that has always chaped my butt... Charity should be a gift with nothing in return. Charity is something the government shouldn't be able to afford. If people want to donate to a charity there are alot of options to do it yourself without government.

JadeRaven

Oh Snap
    Rating - 100%
    60   0   0
    Sep 13, 2006
    Metairie
    I know what you mean but thats something that has always chaped my butt... Charity should be a gift with nothing in return. Charity is something the government shouldn't be able to afford. If people want to donate to a charity there are alot of options to do it yourself without government.

Depends on how you look at it I suppose. I look at taxes as making charitable contributions more expensive.

If you are taxed at 30% and you make $100 and decide to give away $100 to a charity, then you better find $30 from somewhere else because you only have $70 left after paying tax on the $100. If you gave away all of your salary to charity, and didn't keep one thin dime, you'd still owe the tax man for money you didn't get to keep.

However you're looking at it from the other perspective of a tax deduction being a US subsidy for charitable contributions, which it is. I think since you gave the money away you didn't get to enjoy the income, so you shouldn't be taxed in the first place.

gsneff

Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Mar 4, 2009
    Gonzales
    For those of you who are concerned abou the good you purchase going up in price have little to worry about. As of right now approximately 23% of the price on evrything you buy consists of built in corporate income taxes. With companies receiving a 26 percentage pint drop in their taxes, capitolism will cause prices to drop allwing room for the new sales tax. Adjusted with the new 999 plan most goods and services will actually come out a little cheaper than they are now. These new lower prices will help (if not totally) offset any new income tax those receiving disabilty/retirement incomes below the current tax levels will see. Additionally you will have your tax burden reduced just in FICO taxes alone from nearly 15% to just 9% and more if you pay income taxes. It will take around six months for prices on goods to come down as companies burn through their existing inventory that the built in taxes are already attached to but in the end everything will come out ahead.

Emperor

Seriously Misunderstood!
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Mar 7, 2011
    Nether region
    I will go along with almost any plan or person that wants to do away with the status quo.

This^!

So much so for me, if Koko the talking gorilla were to orate a tax plan that prognosticated economic growth and involved reading jacks and pick-up sticks, I would go with it over The Pretender.

gsneff

Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Mar 4, 2009
    Gonzales
    I would support a 5% consumption tax with elimination of all other taxes. The federal government does not need any more money than that to accomplish its constitutionally mandated tasks.

9-9-9 is down right scary.

Unfortunetly we cannot end all gov't programs overnight. Too many people have become dependant on them and need to be weened off. There are many programs though that we can end and those need to be done awy with ASAP. For the next several decades we will need more than a 5% consumption tax.

If Cain is elected I hope he doesn't spend 2 years passing this as Obama did the health care while we continue to decline as a country. That can't be his first order of business ,that has to be jobs, jobs, good paying jobs for Americans . The large investors have to be encouraged to reinvest in America.

Sgt.Kramer I have had a Star credit card with them for 10 yrs. never been used . Guess I am just a miser.:chuckles:

Just having someone other than Obama in office is going to cause the corporations that have been hoarding their money to start investing again (which is going to result in inflation kicking in). Cain is also promising to reign in regulations which for the most part can be done by executive order which will further spur growth. He has additionally promised to kill Obamcare. The last key to getting the economy on the move again is tax reform so pushing the 999 plan will cause JOBS-JOBS-JOBS!

The wonderful thing about an already flat tax with no deductions in combination with a consumption tax is that everyone would pay the "same". Obviously a millionaire buying a yacht on top of his name brand cloths an organic food will pay a higher dollar ammount then a single mom buying a used car, walmart brand food, and cheap clothes but percentage wise they'll be about the same. Cain has already stated he will not sign 999 without a supermajority clause built into it to raise taxes.

On charitable deductions, I don't give for a tax write off, I give because its the right thing to do. Second, on charitable deductions, mortgage interest deduction, and every other deduction; I would rather a lwer overall tax than a $250 CPA fee that want even get me to teh same 9% rate!

I think the same way. Most years I don't even write it off, but I plan on doing it tis year because I don;t want Obama spending any more of my money than he has to.

-It's all fun and games until the 9-9-9 plan moves to 12-12-12 then 15-15-15, 18-18-18, 25-25-25...

First off Cain is requiring a super majority vote to raise taxes. Second with a flat tax the democrats would have to be willing to raise taxes on their constituents (the vulnables as michael berry calls them) as well as the rich. Thirdly, the 999 plan is nothing more than a transition to the Fair Tax which would constitutionally protect the American people.

gsneff

Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Mar 4, 2009
    Gonzales

swagge1

Rating - 100%
    34   0   0
    Oct 21, 2007
    Baton Rouge, LA
    The more I look at the 999 plan the more I like it. And why SHOULDNT a single mom or blind person pay the same taxes as I? Taxes is just business, nothing personal.

gsneff

Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Mar 4, 2009
    Gonzales
    what cuts do you not agree with so I can read a little more into those parts?

If you're a ron paul purist you'll disagree. I think the cuts to defense we're too high and I support SOME foriegn aid. That's the two main things, also some of the cuts are merely symbolic but that's not a negative there's just no substance to those particular cuts.

jms

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Dec 25, 2009
    Franklinton,La.
    For the one who asked about the government creating jobs ,this is what I said, "The large investors have to be encouraged to reinvest in America."
    Have a great day my fellow American.

RCRAMIE

Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Nov 25, 2008
    Lake Charles
    If you're a ron paul purist you'll disagree. I think the cuts to defense we're too high and I support SOME foriegn aid. That's the two main things, also some of the cuts are merely symbolic but that's not a negative there's just no substance to those particular cuts.

I understand why people won't agree with everything Ron Paul says. I have no problem with that and I expect it. Me and Ron Paul don't agree on a couple of subjects but he explains his position very well im ok with agreeing to disagree.

The two cuts you mention are the reasons I started reading more about Ron Paul, not trying to argue but he does not want to cut defense he wants to cut the militarism that we spend to much money on.

gsneff

Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Mar 4, 2009
    Gonzales
    I understand why people won't agree with everything Ron Paul says. I have no problem with that and I expect it. Me and Ron Paul don't agree on a couple of subjects but he explains his position very well im ok with agreeing to disagree.

The two cuts you mention are the reasons I started reading more about Ron Paul, not trying to argue but he does not want to cut defense he wants to cut the militarism that we spend to much money on.

defense is the generic term for military when I speak, I know he says he won;t cut "defense" just militarism as he puts it, I call it keeping the fight over there. All to few Paulestinians are willing to discuss anything and I applaud you for being resonable. Usually if you disagree with his use of a semicolan you are berated as a fascist who hates the constitution and is contributing to the rise of the new world order.

Top Bottom