9mm 1911 Opinions

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Vigilante Sniper

Guns are my crack!!
    Rating - 100%
    46   0   0
    Jan 28, 2009
    LaPlace
    Not really, I had and shot several springfield loaded 9mm and all of them except for 1 shot well. In fact the one I sold years ago I wish I had back. You'd be spending money on looks and status rather than shootabilty. Granted once you own custom guns it hard to go backwards, but for the money versus value Springfield Loaded, or the STI Trojan is what I'd spend my money on if I wanted another 1911 in 9mm. Now if you want a great accurate 9mm that fits your hand the EAA limited is the ****. I love my CZ Shadows too but they aren't as accurate as my EAA. Now my next purchase will be a Sig P320, of course it won't stay stock, I'll ship it to Bruce Gray for a competition trigger and upgrade. He did the trigger on my HK P30 and I love that gun too. In fact I'll probably get 2, a fullsize and a compact. The compact I'll do the trigger myself.
    Do you see any true added value in going with a Warren Tactical semi-custom vs a SA Loaded/STI Trojan or Spartan/etc. when considered from a value vs price perspective.

bryanbag

Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Feb 18, 2013
    Prairieville, LA
    Bryan, Which model Springfield are you referring to?

I see the Star B's on Aim Surplus' website occasionally. They seem neat but not quite the direction I was trying to go.

I have the (Target Model - Adjustable Sights) M# PI9134LP
    Springer 9mm 1911.jpgSpringer 9mm 1911.jpg

Last edited:

Mlapor3

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 27, 2009
    Gonzales
    That is a nice looking pistol Bryan. I didn't see anything about whether the front strap is checkered when I looked at them last night. Did yours come with that?

Tx_oil

Tx_oil
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    May 21, 2009
    Youngsville
    It isn't a 1911 (although very similar), but maybe try a Star Super B. They have a few slight differences from the 1911 but at under $300, it is hard to beat.
    Completely agree! Star guns are VERY well built, can be had cheep and lots of fun!. The more Stars that I acquire, the more I like them.

bryanbag

Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Feb 18, 2013
    Prairieville, LA
    That is a nice looking pistol Bryan. I didn't see anything about whether the front strap is checkered when I looked at them last night. Did yours come with that?

No it doesn't come with the front strap checkered. I sent mine to Springfield to have some work done.
    1. Checker front strap 20lpi
    2. Under cut trigger gard (colt style)
    3. Remove ambi-saftey
    4. Flat long trigger
    5. One piece mag well
    6. Fiber Optic front sight
    7. Had to have it refinished since they checkered the front strap.

Springer.jpgSpringer CS1.jpgSpringer CS2.jpgSpringer CS3.jpgSpringer CS4.jpg

enutees

Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jul 4, 2010
    Prairieville
    I have toyed with the idea of getting into USPSA/IDPA locally, but didn't want to muddy the thread topic. Can you be competitive with the limited mag capacity against glock 34's etc.?

In USPSA you'd shoot it against other 1911s in the single stack division. It's not a very popular division locally with maybe 4-5 competitors at most. Large matches have more of course.

A 9mm 1911 is allowed 10 shots compared to 8 in the 40 and 45s. But you're scored different based on power factor. I could go out but in short don't buy anything to shoot a match until you've been to a match and understand the divisions. Unless you just want it, then eff it and buy what you like.

Mlapor3

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 27, 2009
    Gonzales
    Bryan, That is a very nice Springfield you have. That is the picture that comes to mind when I think of what the gun I want should look like.

Did you go with Hand Checkering or machine checkering?

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    cajuntiger84
    Top Bottom