9mm & 9mm Parabelumn

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Thumper

Colt Addict
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Mar 8, 2009
    Jackson
    This may be a stupid question but i do not want to destroy a new gun or my hand. Just purchased a Taurus 905 revolver and is labeled on barrel as 9mm Para. Will it shoot 9mm Luger? the shell extractor will not catch the lip of the luger round to remove them. Shells fit fine. Everything i find online says it is the same round. The rounds i have are factory not reloads. Any input would be appreciated !!!! Thanks

Last edited:

GaryCCR

Off target
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Oct 29, 2012
    Westbank, La
    9mm Luger, 9mm parabellum, 9x19 nato are all the same beast.

There are other forms of 9mm like 9mm short or 9mm browning which we call .380. There is 9mm Makarov, or 9x18. 9mm Largo is about 9x23.

In short luger or parabellum should be the same.

dwr461

Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 23, 2009
    Baton Rouge
    The 9mm round we can 9mm Luger or Parabellum or 9x19mm was developed for use in the P08 German pistol. The pistol is commonly called the Luger in the US today. It was developed by Georg Luger so he gets to name the round. Well just like Dick Casull named his round the .454 Casull so did old Georg. The Parabellum part of the name? The motto of DWM company that made this pistol was Si vis pacem, para bellum or "If you seek peace, prepare for war." In searching for spelling for some of these words I see that my explanation is the first paragraph of the wiki page. So I guess there you go. The search engine is your friend.

Dace

Thumper

Colt Addict
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Mar 8, 2009
    Jackson
    Your 905 should have come with moon clips for extraction
    It did not !! i was looking at a Smith 38/9mm that used moon clips. I will contact Taurus and see if they were suspose to. Bought it from a repetable dealer might call him first. Thanks to all for the info

scooterj

Stupid is 'posed to hurt
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 14, 2008
    LaPlace
    It did not !! i was looking at a Smith 38/9mm that used moon clips. I will contact Taurus and see if they were suspose to. Bought it from a repetable dealer might call him first. Thanks to all for the info

It should have come with at least 3 moonclips. Check your packaging again and if not found contact dealer.

Thumper

Colt Addict
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Mar 8, 2009
    Jackson
    Yep !!! tore box apart, worked its way between two layers of cardboard around key. Thanks to all for the info !!!

Ferrara Fire

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Dec 12, 2013
    Baton Rouge, Louisiana
    9mm Kurz has everyone swearing they have/had a 9mm PPK!

I don't even bother correcting people anymore and just say I can only get the .380 version.

9X19, 9mm Para, 9mm Nato, 9mm luger, 9mm are all the same, some non US .380 will be marked 9mm, but it is rare, and you will occasionally find a box marked 9X18 or 9x21, again, rare.

Top Bottom