9mm ammo availability in Lafayette

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • dsonyay

Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Dec 15, 2007
    Broussard, LA
    I'll be working in Lafayette next week. In Slidell, I can never find any good 9mm ammo deals.

Is there any place in Lafayette that has 100 or 250 rd bulk packs of 9mm ammo at good prices? I know where all the Academy locations are just now sure what they have in stock. How about Walmart?

I need about 200 to 300 rounds of practice ammo to break in a new Glock 19 which hasn't arrived yet, so I'd like to have some ammo ready to go.

Barney's had some 9mm Blazer brass ammo for about 14$ a box last time I was there. Should have bought a few then. Not sure if they have any left.

JNieman

Dush
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jul 11, 2011
    Lafayette
    Academy on the south side normally has 9 mm at regular prices. Wal-Mart is a no go.
    Echo that. I'm on the south/west side of Lafayette and the Academy has been good with ammo lately. Pistol ammo sells out still, but it's there often. I do not frequent the Academy up off I-10 though, so it's worth checking them too. I don't keep tabs but when I'm at Acadiana Gunworks I hear people buying a few boxes of ammo semi-often. I see the ammo on their shelves, but no clue what specifically is there. They mainly carry ammo for SD pistols and tac rifle calibers, from what I recall. I don't know how they are on 9mm though. I typically make larger bulk purchases less often, instead of many smaller purchases.

Otherwise, there's not much for good options.

alpinehyperlite

Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Apr 27, 2011
    Baton Rouge
    If near Baton Rouge had a guy tell us that Winchester white box 100pack was $26 and had 22 boxes on the shelf at academy. But they still have their 2 box limit.

JNieman

Dush
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jul 11, 2011
    Lafayette
    If near Baton Rouge had a guy tell us that Winchester white box 100pack was $26 and had 22 boxes on the shelf at academy. But they still have their 2 box limit.
    Yea, last time I was at Academy on Amabassador, their limits were reduced to 2 boxes only for 9mm and .22lr. This was a few weeks ago. Good sign at least.

dsonyay

Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Dec 15, 2007
    Broussard, LA
    I'm hoping to find that 250 rd bulk pack of UMC or 100 rd bulk packs of Win. White Box.

The 250rd box is 69.95@ Bass ProShop but I'm too far from there to stop by. And when I drive to Lafayette Monday it's too early in the AM.

I'll try to stop by the one on LA Ave for lunch hour and check it out.

twentynine

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 8, 2013
    Ascension parish
    I have been buying 9mm from cabelas in Gonzales, I'm remembering $12-13-14 a 50 round box, no limit on purchase. 22 was still rare and they had a limit on purchase.
    They had 9mm in 9x18 makarov and 9mm Luger.
    Huerters brand.

dsonyay

Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Dec 15, 2007
    Broussard, LA
    I have been buying 9mm from cabelas in Gonzales, I'm remembering $12-13-14 a 50 round box, no limit on purchase. 22 was still rare and they had a limit on purchase.
    They had 9mm in 9x18 makarov and 9mm Luger.
    Huerters brand.

I wish I lived closer to Cabelas. When I drive to Lafayette I take the I-12 route through that section of BR (and drive right by Bass Pro Shop) and it's just too difficult to go the extra distance. I went there once before and loved the store. Of course if there was a terrific deal on a bulk purchase I could make it worth the drive I suppose

FTRrookie

Freedom Not Free Stuff
    Rating - 98.6%
    68   1   0
    Apr 25, 2009
    Houma, la
    I wish I lived closer to Cabelas. When I drive to Lafayette I take the I-12 route through that section of BR (and drive right by Bass Pro Shop) and it's just too difficult to go the extra distance. I went there once before and loved the store. Of course if there was a terrific deal on a bulk purchase I could make it worth the drive I suppose

Too difficult? It's 24 miles door to door BPS to Cabelas. And you drive 10 of that when you are heading for 10 from 12. Be honest to yourself and us. Too Lazy! ;)

dat722

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 4, 2012
    Walmart in NOLA off Berhman Highway had wwb 40 and 45 vp. I bought tulammo brassmaxx 9mm 100rd cylinder for $25 after tax to try also.

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Cognac.cal
    Top Bottom