9mm ammo

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • erazir

Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Dec 30, 2010
    Baton Rouge, La.
    I've been trying to find a good bulk buy on 9mm for plinking. I had some on order from center fire but they are on indefinite back order. I think I was getting them for around $0.19 a round. Any suggestions on another place?

J-Dog

Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Mar 1, 2012
    Hammond
    Freedom munitions.com go to the blazer ammo tab. I have run about 1000 of it so far with zero problems.

LabRat

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Sep 13, 2012
    Baton Rouge
    Start combing the walmarts for the Federal 100 pack for $19.97, then buy them all. They get about 20 at a time and it's brass. Not there is anything wrong with the blazer aluminum, but it's reloadable brass for less than .20 cents a round

The walmart on seigen and the one in Prairieville usually have a couple boxes, I'm down to just buying one everytime I go in to keep up stock

LouisianaGuy

Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 29, 2011
    Walker, LA
    I got a bunch of 9mm brass Ill sawp some of you guys for som .45 :-)
    Also Cabella's runs em on sale as well...they had a nice little sale this past weekend.
    I bought 1000ea .223 rounds for about 350 I think.
    Brass case of course

gabesurface

Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Oct 25, 2012
    Baton Rouge, LA
    Haven't gotten into reloading yet either. How long before you begin saving money. The equipment I've looked at is fairly pricey (over 300 American). Am I looking at the wrong stuff?

headspace

*Banned*
    Rating - 100%
    43   0   0
    Feb 9, 2009
    Hammond
    Haven't gotten into reloading yet either. How long before you begin saving money. The equipment I've looked at is fairly pricey (over 300 American). Am I looking at the wrong stuff?
    i grew up reloading with my dad and followed suit. It was a lot cheaper back in the early 80's, but so was ammo. Now days, if you don't plan on loading at least 3-4 different calibers, and in the thousands of rounds, it will take quite a while to see a return. There are other pros though, loads that demand top price, volume of loads you can pump out vs availability of said ammo in certain times, specialty loads and such. But if I were thinking about just getting started (me I'm talking about) I'd rather stockpile what I thought I'd shoot in my lifetime and trade my brass in as I go.

erazir

Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Dec 30, 2010
    Baton Rouge, La.
    Good suggestion. My dad has a lot of reloading equipment he wants to give me, I just wouldn't know where to start. I have the space. Time is really more the issue. Any leads on where to just get a brief overview on what all it involves?

beauxdog

Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Sep 18, 2007
    Baton Rouge
    Getting started in reloading is easy all you have to do is pull the handle. Really, the hardest part is just getting starting. It's not magical, there is no vodoo involved. You just need to pay attention to what you are doing and follow a few rules and everything will be fine. First either get good reloading manual, such as the Lyman since it seems to be the easiest to use and has a lot of diagrams to follow. Or you can get with experienced and compentent reloader, not JoeBob from down the street that loads for his huntin rifles once a year. There are many good reloaders in the BR area that can teach you the correct way to reload both handgun and rifle ammo. Lanny R. puts on a reloading class that is geared toward the precision rifle shooter but the person wanting to load handgun round will get usefull information from it as well. We can explain the steps to you at the store, depending on how much time we have. If you need information, we can help, give us a call or stop at the store, we are glad to help.

Thanks,

Bryan Guillory
    Louisiana Gun
    12728 Jefferson Hwy.
    225-389-6077

kcinnick

Training Ferrous Metal
    Rating - 100%
    28   0   0
    Dec 24, 2008
    Baton Rouge
    Getting started in reloading is easy all you have to do is pull the handle. Really, the hardest part is just getting starting. It's not magical, there is no vodoo involved. You just need to pay attention to what you are doing and follow a few rules and everything will be fine. First either get good reloading manual, such as the Lyman since it seems to be the easiest to use and has a lot of diagrams to follow. Or you can get with experienced and compentent reloader, not JoeBob from down the street that loads for his huntin rifles once a year. There are many good reloaders in the BR area that can teach you the correct way to reload both handgun and rifle ammo. Lanny R. puts on a reloading class that is geared toward the precision rifle shooter but the person wanting to load handgun round will get usefull information from it as well. We can explain the steps to you at the store, depending on how much time we have. If you need information, we can help, give us a call or stop at the store, we are glad to help.

Thanks,

Bryan Guillory
    Louisiana Gun
    12728 Jefferson Hwy.
    225-389-6077

Bryan,

I can get rid of the hoodoo shrine and stop sacrificing small animals and still reload?

Who knew...

Top Bottom