9mm Ar????

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Khyber

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 8, 2009
    We've built quite a few over at Red Jacket, and had great success with them. We have an integrally suppressed one, too. Call Will and talk to him about one.

Vsotok10

Mad Scientist
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    May 2, 2010
    CENLA
    Could you describe in more detail "a little tweaking"?

When I first got the upper from RMW the action was a little stiff and I was shooting Blazer Brass mostly. The ammo was cheap and easy to find when the Obama scare was in full swing but was loaded a little light so the gun would fail to eject more often than not.

I "tweaked" the gun by changing to a lighter recoil spring and removing the weights from the buffer. This allowed me to run Blazer Brass and WWB through the gun without any feed issues. As I put more rounds through the gun the action became smoother and I was able to replace the light recoil spring with the standard recoil spring and after that I put the weight back into the buffer.

If you can't wait for your gun to be in top shape, you can work the bolt carrier and bolt over with a Dremel tool and Brasso to get a silky smooth finish.

I now have a Dillon 650 and load my rounds using N340 to provide plenty of gas for the DI system. I strictly use 230g RN, using HP will only result in jams and lots of frustration.

I got all the help I needed from both Bruce at Bazooka Brothers and Ron at RMW both by phone and by email.

Top Bottom