9mm Bayou Bullit Reloads

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • 4thMiss

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 12, 2014
    Port Allen, La.
    With all the rain I have loaded every piece of brass on the place except 9mm. I have a 5 gal bucket full of mostly Win white box once fired brass that I have saved for a while. Haven't loaded 9mm in over 30 years. It was $6.95 a box at Wally Mart so it really wasn't worth it. Yesterday I bought a case of 124gr Rn Bayou Bullits and a # of Win231. Have Bullseye so I've cleaned 5-600 cases and sized and primed and going to work on some loads. Starting w/ Bullseye @ 4.1 gr and working up to 4.4. Haven't actually "worked" up loads in years. Any pet target loads appreciated.

noylj

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 2, 2010
    southwest
    Neither powder is likely to be all that accurate, at least that is what I have found in my guns. Power Pistol and Silhouette are much more accurate. Besure to start with the starting load and work up.
    231/HP38: 4.0-4.2 seems to be best for accuracy.
    Bullseye: 3.5-4.0 seems to be best for accuracy
    COL for a RN will be from 1.130-1.142", generally.

tcazes

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 14, 2015
    Houma
    How do you like those bullets? I was never a fan really.... prefer jacketed round nose. But the best load I found was 4.0gr VV n320 atleast out of my g34

4thMiss

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 12, 2014
    Port Allen, La.
    Finally really had a chance to do some shooting. 500 rounds and I'm happy with them. Like the 230gr RN in my 1911 45acp so I figured they would be a good choice to start. I will try some semi wadcutters next if they will cycle I will load them.

scooterj

Stupid is 'posed to hurt
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 14, 2008
    LaPlace
    I've had really good results with the 124gr RN Bayou Bullet but switched to the 124gr TC . Either should do well for you

Top Bottom