9mm is way more popular around here.

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • sloppy joe

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 15, 2011
    .22lr, .22 mag, and 9mm are wiped out at cabelas. shelves are full of .380, .40, .45(i think), .38spl, ect.tons of 7.62x39mm.

jjb5730

Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jan 21, 2012
    Pierre Part
    Ammo...yesterday was much the same.. good thing I carry a 40..got what I needed.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

akvtiger

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 27, 2012
    Thanks sucks. I have been unable to locate any in the NOLA area. I am hoping they replenish some stock overnight.

OneStory

Warrior in God's Army
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 5, 2010
    Wandering
    Interesting. SOME people said that having the most popular caliber meant that ammo availability would be better. "Buy .223. But 9mm. That's what the military use."
    ;-)

JBE

Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Aug 1, 2010
    Welsh, LA
    Walmart in Jennings and Academy in Lake Charles are both stripped bare except for odd calibers.

LabRat

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Sep 13, 2012
    Baton Rouge
    I bough the last box of 45 colt from Academy on Seigen last night. They havent replenished anything that I can see for a long time

Robhic

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 7, 2011
    Destrehan, LA
    Thanks sucks. I have been unable to locate any in the NOLA area. I am hoping they replenish some stock overnight.

Why not try online? Some have excellent prices (mainly if you buy bulk) and sales from time to time which make it a better deal. The shipping costs can be reasonable and the UPS man brings it to your door! I use SGAmmo.com a LOT, as well as Palmetto State Armory and Surplus Ammo in Washington state. There are quite a few others if you look. No reason to be short on ammo.

Skiney

*Banned*
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    Nov 29, 2010
    Between the A & the T
    Don't get caught short:}

Ammo...yesterday was much the same.. good thing I carry a 40..got what I needed.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

+1
    Your selling yourself shorty right about now IMHO if you ain't carying a .40; if looking for ammo anyways:}

g1ljoy87ykdpj536cg8.jpg

lsufan1971

Rating - 100%
    121   0   0
    Jan 31, 2008
    Zachary,La
    I stopped at the wal mart in Brookhaven,MS on my way back from Jackson Friday and they had 9 boxes of Tula. I went ahead and bought it. BTW the outdoor section at the Brookhaven Wal-Mart is very nice. The gun case behind the counter was the biggest I have seen at a walmart. It would probably hold 60-70 guns full. They also had an had a large wall of accesorries. I even found a 10 rd mag for my Remmy 597 for $11.99.

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 18, 2012
    Uptown, New Orleans
    It sure seems that 40 isn't that hard to get. Although the Walmart selection is sort of picked over, the Academy at Elmwood in New Orleans had plenty as of Friday afternoon. 9mm is another story however. None at Academy, but 6 boxes of Tula at WM. Well, they *did* have 6 boxes. ;-) The WM in Boutte also was picked over. Picked up 200 rounds of 40 before work on Friday morning. I asked the lady working the ammo case when the restock was due (what time) and she said "this IS restocked". zero of almost everything, and the 200 rounds of 40 that I brought home.

Jasarii

Rating - 100%
    34   0   0
    Jan 3, 2013
    Walker, LA
    The Bass Pro in Denham Springs has been out of 9mm (and .223) for a while...I have been in there several times over the last couple of weeks and the 9mm section is always bare.
    on another note, I called academy on Airline(BR) yesterday morning and they said they had gotten in Monarch 9mm. I drove out and sure enough, they had approx 50 boxes. I fought the tempation to over buy and only grabbed 10 boxes @ $11.99 a box ;-)

by lunchtime, it all was gone...

Last edited:

akvtiger

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 27, 2012
    I just got back from Cabelas. They had a fair amount of PMC 9mm.

Sent from my Nexus 10 using Tapatalk HD

Top Bottom