9mm single stack PRO MAGS?

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • kajuntriton

*Banned*
    Rating - 100%
    135   0   0
    May 2, 2009
    BR, G-Town, P-Ville
    I have a Sig P6 This thing shoots GREAT! UNTIL I try the promags, with the stock mags I have ZERO issues, with Promags (I have two) One of them fails to feed with 2 rounds remaining and the other does the same with 3 rounds remaining.The gun doesn't stove pipe and the round doesn't jam, it just sits there like was just loaded into the mag and not racked into the chamber???? They are like clock work NO MATTER what ammo I use either, I tried 4 different manufactures ammo.
    Anyone else same the same or similar issues with the Pro Mags?
    Any insite?

nickatnite

Crybaby Hater...
    Rating - 100%
    65   0   0
    Jun 27, 2007
    Prairieville, La
    Reason # 937 as to why one should always use factory magazines with your gun....

I've got prolly a dozen mags for my P225 and no issues with any of them. Save your beer money and buy factory mags and your problem will be solved.

dwr461

Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 23, 2009
    Baton Rouge
    ProMags are garbage. Unfortunately the P6 (P225) has no aftermarket magazines made for it that are good (That I'm aware of at least.) The Sig brand magazines are your best and only choice if reliability is something you desire. I recommend Top Gun Supply for Sig related stuff. Sometimes they'll have surplus Sig magazines in stock too.

Dave

Swami

Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Feb 20, 2010
    Monroe
    Just bought a pro-mag for my Springfield XD, and am planning to take it back tomorrow. I didn't even put it in the gun, I loaded it and manually ejected the rounds with my thumb... 4 out of the 20 rounds didn't even make it to the top; basically the spring wouldn't even advance the rounds 1/5 of the time. Absolute crap. I want my money back! :mad:

I'm so glad I didn't put it in the gun, and I'll get factory mags if I need any extra from now on.

gbundersea

Just my 2¢
    Rating - 100%
    34   0   0
    Jun 4, 2007
    Walker, LA
    There's one BSC member who said he's had good luck with Promags. That is the ONLY, and I mean ONLY positive thing I've ever heard about Promag. Every other review or firsthand post I've read about them was that they are pure sh!t.

It's said that PROMAG stands for Please Remember Our Magazines Are Garbage. Never, ever forget that! :rofl:

drumz2129

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jul 29, 2009
    Sulphur, La.
    I bought a 20something round promag for my XD40, I should have known better than to do that. It only chambered 4 out of the whole mag without me racking the slide back.

TonyT

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 3, 2009
    Ihave had mixed results with ProMag magazines. The single stack 9mmfor the S&W 952 and the double stackfor the 9mm CZ-75 and PO14-45 have been satisfactory. I remember having some issues with some 45 ACP for a Sig 220 and 9mm for a Sig 226.

Top Bottom