A couple of my milled reweld builds. (Dial up, pack a lunch)

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • jdb3

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 31, 2009
    Franklinton, La.
    you have a pm. Sweet baby Jesus.

Also, consider milling a shelf for the bottom plate to set in

I've tried that but it depends on the end user. I did some of these with the trigger opening already cut and holes drilled in the bottom and sideplates.

The trigger pin hole is really close and if you get the OAL wrong, the bottom is in the hole. It just gives the end user a little more room for error.

Last edited:

jdb3

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 31, 2009
    Franklinton, La.
    WOW thats some "Bad ass work in the words of my boss" I can GUARANTEE you will find lots of costumers on this forum if that was the aproach you wanted to take, eventhough with that much work involved I would just keep them in my collection LOL.

Great talent man!

Thanks, it takes some time to do these but it's worth it at the end. I'm using a manual mill so making the plates takes some time. After that, it's cleaning up the welds.

jdb3

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 31, 2009
    Franklinton, La.
    That is some excellent work. You don't see M64 RPK's very often.

I wasn't even going to build it originally. I found it on gunbroker as a package deal. The M64 RPK front end paired up with a later M70 rear (different profile) and complete underfolder rear end all for $250.

I stripped the parts to build another RPK then found a torch cut receiver. I basically rebuilt the receiver to use as a pattern.

jdb3

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 31, 2009
    Franklinton, La.
    Boy you’ve been busy, doing some building ha? They do look good. Finely getting that pile down????

Well, you've seen them up close. And my pile of parts.:rofl:

Been pretty busy, gotta get some of these projects done. I've never had the time but now I'm running out of room to keep them.:rofl:

Last edited:
    Top Bottom