A declaration of war ???

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • LACamper

oldbie
    Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jun 3, 2007
    Metairie, LA
    Its not like they could invade...

They can attack our shipping (which would suck considering how few ships we have now). They can attack oil rigs off the west coast with diesel subs and sub par bombers.
    They can keep japanese and taiwanese products from coming to the US. that would probably be good for the US economy...

They can lob nukes at the west coast. That would be a horrible mistake on their part, but their leader is a bit crazy.

They can attack us allies. S Korea would likely be hurt badly. Taking out the artillery along the DMZ would have to be a priority for the stealt fighters and cruise missiles. I would expect our satelite guys have every one of those things located as well as their missile bases. The first few days of this would be spectacular. The deaths in S Korea would be horrible most likely.

How would Russia and China react to a war with N Korea?

machinedrummer

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Apr 5, 2010
    Kingwood, Tx
    Why are we even talking about war when we have real problems like the oppressed NFL players? 95% of news coverage is about that stupid game. Shows how far we have fallen as an informed people.

LACamper

oldbie
    Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jun 3, 2007
    Metairie, LA
    "You cannot invade the mainland United States. There would be a rifle behind every blade of grass." Isoroku Yamamoto

That was during WWII. Not now unfortunately. I bet 2 out of 3 blades of grass would be unoccupied now!

(OTOH, most gun owners don't own just one gun any more. We have enough to arm at least a few neighbors!)

Of course NK could invade Los Angeles without a shot being fired... at least from a legally owned firearm!

AustinBR

Make your own luck
    Staff member
    Admin
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Oct 22, 2012
    That was during WWII. Not now unfortunately. I bet 2 out of 3 blades of grass would be unoccupied now!

(OTOH, most gun owners don't own just one gun any more. We have enough to arm at least a few neighbors!)

Of course NK could invade Los Angeles without a shot being fired... at least from a legally owned firearm!

Los Angeles is probably too high to give a damn though. They'd just ask for doritos and let them walk right in.

DaSouthernYankee

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 2, 2016
    Slidell, LA
    Don’t forget about China, Russia and Iran. If China was going to do anything to help de-escalate anything they would have by now. Putin I’m sure is mad as hell about US intervention in Syria so I don’t doubt he would be on board for a fight. And Iran hates us. The NORKs aren’t the problem, it’s everyone else.

Sent from an unidentified bayou mobile device

Saintsfan6

Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Oct 6, 2014
    Texas
    Don’t forget about China, Russia and Iran. If China was going to do anything to help de-escalate anything they would have by now. Putin I’m sure is mad as hell about US intervention in Syria so I don’t doubt he would be on board for a fight. And Iran hates us. The NORKs aren’t the problem, it’s everyone else.

If anything, they are pushing this. Wouldn't surprise me if they were helping the NK nuke program...

DaSouthernYankee

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 2, 2016
    Slidell, LA
    If anything, they are pushing this. Wouldn't surprise me if they were helping the NK nuke program...

My gut feeling is that Iran and China are. Not sure about Russia really. Even if they don’t get directly involved they will supply NK under the table in a proxy war just like Syria to try to dethrone us as the world leader/superpower/whatever else they dislike is for. And I don’t think the deep state here wants to stop it either. If anything they are undermining any attempt to avoid war. Why I don’t know, maybe trying to avoid a major economic crash. That’s my gut feeling anyway.

Top Bottom