"a 'Ghost Gun' and a Glock switch"

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • thperez1972

ESSAYONS
    Staff member
    Gold Member
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Dec 28, 2015
    Baton Rouge, LA
    I don't recall seeing this combo show up in a crime story before.

0rq5lrx6zvb1EKeWoQROtgyQYyh2ysXnrQC5cIRoqMt3HbHNXMKlQsBvvytRDfYr2nJD-pptM5J2F0cytRJFvqv1FQT8cXCTdaI4YP9K8XKA

thperez1972

ESSAYONS
    Staff member
    Gold Member
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Dec 28, 2015
    Baton Rouge, LA
    Id be very interested to see if ATF does a trace on the serialized numbers on Glock barrel and slide (if not removed). I am curious its origin.
    I don't see any Glock stamps on the side of the slide. I think it's an aftermarket slide. If it's an aftermarket barrel, there may be no serial number on which to do a trace?

DBMJR1

Madame Mayor's Fiefdom
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Jul 27, 2008
    New Orleans, La.
    Combine a 33 round magazine with the Glock Switch, and we are seeing more bystanders shot.

Just point the gun, pull the trigger and hang on.

AdvancedLaser

Industry Partner
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Feb 15, 2021
    Covington, Louisiana
    I don't see any Glock stamps on the side of the slide. I think it's an aftermarket slide. If it's an aftermarket barrel, there may be no serial number on which to do a trace?
    Yup, I tried to zoom to see if it had the OEM Glock markings on the left side but it was too pixelated. Looked like OEM serrations.

Jstudz220

Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Oct 14, 2020
    Harvey Louisiana
    Can you elaborate on this ?
    Auto key card involving Matt Hoover and Justin Irvin. Any and everything can be interpreted as illegal or a machine gun by the aft. Posting a picture of a Glock switch is about on the same level of “crime” as the two of them “committed”

In reality what happened in that situation was the guy Matt was poking the bear and the aft didn’t like a lot of what he had to say so they targeted him directly and somehow were able to charge him with crimes. When you look at the facts and discovery from that case it’s scary. Having an opinion can get you put in federal prison it seems and any and everything can be interpreted as a machine gun including a scrap of metal or brass shaving in the trigger assembly according to the aft.

thperez1972

ESSAYONS
    Staff member
    Gold Member
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Dec 28, 2015
    Baton Rouge, LA
    Yup, I tried to zoom to see if it had the OEM Glock markings on the left side but it was too pixelated. Looked like OEM serrations.
    Where are you looking at the picture that is shows as too pixelated?

Also, it's a P80 frame. That should mean it's basically a Gen 3 because Glock's patent on the Gen 3 has run out and companies can now produce clones. From what I could find, Glock moved from Gen 3 to Gen 4 in 2010 and from Gen 4 to Gen 5 in 2017. In 2017, they offered front serrations on some Gen 4 models but I can't find where they offered Gen 3 OEM slides with front serrations.

Jstudz220

Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Oct 14, 2020
    Harvey Louisiana
    The picture in the first post is the one posted in the article in the link below the picture in the first post. I just assumed his "be careful" comment was meant to be humorous.
    Unless you **** of the aft then they may interpret that post a a machine gun and purse charges. Again, look up the auto key card case.

AdvancedLaser

Industry Partner
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Feb 15, 2021
    Covington, Louisiana
    Auto key card involving Matt Hoover and Justin Irvin. Any and everything can be interpreted as illegal or a machine gun by the aft. Posting a picture of a Glock switch is about on the same level of “crime” as the two of them “committed”

In reality what happened in that situation was the guy Matt was poking the bear and the aft didn’t like a lot of what he had to say so they targeted him directly and somehow were able to charge him with crimes. When you look at the facts and discovery from that case it’s scary. Having an opinion can get you put in federal prison it seems and any and everything can be interpreted as a machine gun including a scrap of metal or brass shaving in the trigger assembly according to the aft.
    But its not posting a pic. Hoover let the guy selling the lightning links sponsor his channel, and their emails showed it was an effort to boost sales. He was an 07 manufacturer and knew the cards were illegal. They got Hoover for the conspiracy not the cards themselves. And yes he was TOTALLY poking the bear thru his videos and $hit talking. But talking down to the ATF isnt a crime, boosting sales of machine guns is. Either way I dont see how both of them thought they could get away with this. Kinda nutty.

He shoulda used the First Amendment argument Zimmerman did in the 90's with PGP when Customs tried to throw him in prison for violating the Arms Control Act for defense munitions. If I recall he published the code in a book format and you could cut the pages out the book, use Omniform or another converter and turn it into his crypto. Or some version of this....but basically said it was First Amendment because he was publishing a book, and that its freedom of speech to export a book outside the USA. They should have made a book on it with exact diagrams, that might have been better than actually producing the scale products.

AdvancedLaser

Industry Partner
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Feb 15, 2021
    Covington, Louisiana
    Where are you looking at the picture that is shows as too pixelated?

Also, it's a P80 frame. That should mean it's basically a Gen 3 because Glock's patent on the Gen 3 has run out and companies can now produce clones. From what I could find, Glock moved from Gen 3 to Gen 4 in 2010 and from Gen 4 to Gen 5 in 2017. In 2017, they offered front serrations on some Gen 4 models but I can't find where they offered Gen 3 OEM slides with front serrations.
    My phone....sigh. I see your point on my laptop now...on the slide.

Top Bottom