A good rifle scope for under $500

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • asianak

Rating - 100%
    78   0   0
    Nov 9, 2008
    Baton Rouge
    Looking for one in that price range for my Remington 700 .308 My brother inlaw has a SS 16x42 and its nice but I might want something different. I was just checking out my options. I want something variable power and with turret knobs. So what are some good ones in this price range? or close to it.

asianak

Rating - 100%
    78   0   0
    Nov 9, 2008
    Baton Rouge
    This poor thing is just begging for a set of rings and a nice scope. I got it in a trade awhile back and still haven't even shot the damn thing yet.

asianak

Rating - 100%
    78   0   0
    Nov 9, 2008
    Baton Rouge
    can't find the 5200 elite rock. Oh well i don't know why this is sooo damn hard. I should just sell this damn rifle because its an expensive one to fix up. Damn stock cost me $400 and now a scope for another 4 or 5 hundred. LORD help me. I can hear the wife now! "why don't we have new furniture??" or "I want new carpet but you keep spending all the money on gun ****!" :eek4:

charliepapa

Clandestine Sciuridae
    Rating - 100%
    130   0   0
    Jul 12, 2009
    Prairieville
    can't find the 5200 elite rock. Oh well i don't know why this is sooo damn hard. I should just sell this damn rifle because its an expensive one to fix up. Damn stock cost me $400 and now a scope for another 4 or 5 hundred. LORD help me. I can hear the wife now! "why don't we have new furniture??" or "I want new carpet but you keep spending all the money on gun ****!" :eek4:

I guess I should write a book for you youngsters... :cool:

Ritten

SSST Mad Scientist
    Rating - 100%
    44   0   0
    Dec 8, 2007
    Thibodaux, Louisiana
    Bushnell 5200 Elite scopes great glass.

+1

I'm LOVING my Falcon Menace. The Vortex scopes are getting good reviews as well. Just make sure to leave enough breathing room in your budget for GOOD rings. I'd suggest Seekins.

Don't just get a scope cause it's got turrets. Decide what you plan to do with it and go from there...

Mil/Mil vs. Moa/Moa vs. traditional?
    Reticle choice?
    How much elevation will you need (caliber & distance shooting)?
    Magnification range (distances shooting)?
    First Focal Plane vs. Second Focal Plane.....do you plan on ranging with it?
    Illuminated reticle?
    Zero stop or no?
    Side parallax adjustment?

Unless you just want any tube with crosshairs in it with big knobs....then go for a BSA.:D

asianak

Rating - 100%
    78   0   0
    Nov 9, 2008
    Baton Rouge
    I love the Bushnell Elite 3200 10x40 fixed power that I picked up.

I want a mill dot reticle... Illuminated or not it doesn't matter. Variable power. 4-16x44 or 50. It's gonna be a range rifle. And as far the rest of the stuff u asked me I have no idea.

hdfreak1

Bikes and Guns
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Mar 23, 2009
    Walker, LA
    hey man. What's up? If the fellow members think a Burris fullfield 3x-9x, or 6x-18x will work for you, I have extra one here with your name all over it( repeat buyers deal ). give me a shout.

Last edited:

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    TheMadKing504
    Top Bottom