A good rifle scope for under $500

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • hdfreak1

Bikes and Guns
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Mar 23, 2009
    Walker, LA
    Burris is good. But I think he's looking for a little more power than that.

6x - 18x power? how much more are you looking for AK? not sure what your overall goal is but if you need more than that, you must be shooting LONG Range. :) not a mil-dot reticle either on these. these are fine-plex.

Last edited:

asianak

Rating - 100%
    78   0   0
    Nov 9, 2008
    Baton Rouge
    6x-18x would be plenty, but yea I'm looking for mil-dot....... I'm thinking about going with the Falcon Menace. I've read a ton of good reviews on them. But I sent you a PM hdfreak1

rockmup

Please be my friend
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   0
    Apr 21, 2007
    City of Central
    can't find the 5200 elite rock. Oh well i don't know why this is sooo damn hard. I should just sell this damn rifle because its an expensive one to fix up. Damn stock cost me $400 and now a scope for another 4 or 5 hundred. LORD help me. I can hear the wife now! "why don't we have new furniture??" or "I want new carpet but you keep spending all the money on gun ****!" :eek4:

Thats because I have fat fingers. Its the 3200. Awesome glass for the money and it meets your requirements

critterdoc

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 16, 2009
    Kenner, LA
    Looking for one in that price range for my Remington 700 .308 My brother inlaw has a SS 16x42 and its nice but I might want something different. I was just checking out my options. I want something variable power and with turret knobs. So what are some good ones in this price range? or close to it.

Read this Leupold 3.5-10x40mm clone range report.

Then visit with this M3 3.5-10x40 Mil Dot Rifle Scope Leupold clone and go on to the rest of this story.

I have a friend in Florida, retired combat of two major conflicts, who is deeply involved in the firearms industry and is in fact a contractor with DOD. Smartest guy I ever met when it comes to firearms and optics. We've talked about asian Leupold clones numerous times and think we may have identified the asian company who manufactures Leupolds and possibly the scope listed above. This guy on a dare/bet ordered one of the clones from flashlightmaster. When test time arrived he put it in his oven and baked it a bit for some time. Then he submerged it in an ice chest on the way to the range. Upon arrival at the range, he threw it as far downrange as he could, then back, after which he mounted it on his .308 FN-FAL 150gr @ 2800fps, dialed it in at 100m, and shot the hell out of it while it held zero like a champ - thereby winning the bet. Then he bought a second 3.5-one from flashlightmaster and found it every bit as as impressive as the first. Mounted it on the same gun and found it spot on, as was the first scope. After expending 100 rounds, he wrote "LOVE IT. UNBELIEVABLE brightness, clarity etc. Have never used a scope, especially 40mm, THIS BRIGHT and CLEAR. Took 10 working days to get, no tracking # avail on last one." Then he bought a third because he liked the first two so much.

Now I'm not wanting to engage in a flame war on the topic of "cheap glass" but the asian clone might be a valid option for someone who needs magnification on a strict budget. I personally cannot tell any difference between the clone that flashlightmaster is offering and my Leupold Mark 4 -and neither can my buddy.

Doc

Top Bottom