A Lafayette Hello to All

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Countryman

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 19, 2011
    Lafayette
    This is Brian, and I happened on this site researching HK and found very insightful posts. Anyhow I have shotguns and rifles I put off buying a handgun for nearly 30 years, solely due to my wife having a fear of being in the same room with a gun.

Let me fast forward... My wife needed to learn how to handle a shotgun for an audition and so I convinced her to go with me to the range. Let me tell you, we're in there and she jumped every time a shot went off in the booths next to us. Brought a 410 crack barrel and a 12 gauge pump. She shot the 410 first, her eyes were as big as saucers, I couldn't believe she was actually holding a gun much less shooting one. Then came the 12 gauge, she look awesome shootin' that!! She then turned to me and said, I think I got enough..lol. The people in the next booth then handed her a 22 assault rifle with a massive magazine and said try this. She says.. awe look there's a little light (laser), then she shoots and after that she says, now this I like! This I like? You have to understand this is a woman who wouldn't be in the same room with a gun, I was so proud of her.

In light of these developments my yearn for a handgun rekindled. Being this is already a long introduction I will get to end. Just purchased a HK45 Compact LEM yesterday!

At first I was under the impression I would have the gun today. However the store told me because of the LEM the gun was ordered from HK. Would anyone know how long would this take to ship, ball park?

Anyway its good to be here with yall, Im back shootin'!!:D

Last edited:

bearfutedninja

coming soon
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Mar 16, 2009
    lafayette
    yea some can say lafayette shooters is a little expensive, sometimes its hit or miss with them. all in all great first gun. i can see you did your homework.,

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Cognac.cal
    Top Bottom