A little teaser

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • chibajoe

Pratertium terminus est
    Rating - 100%
    34   0   0
    Jan 29, 2007
    New Orleans
    Here's a little something I'm working on for a member here:

pof-casvel.jpg

POF gas piston upper with a Vltor CASV-EL :D

chibajoe

Pratertium terminus est
    Rating - 100%
    34   0   0
    Jan 29, 2007
    New Orleans
    how much does something like that cost? ;)

If yo dont mind...

That is awesome looking!

The gas piston upper is $1000 direct from POF, and the CASV-EL handguards are around $280 from various vendors. It takes about an hour to do the mods needed to fit it to the upper. The pistol grip is a CAA UPG16 (about $40) and the stock is a Vltor Modstock ($150). The lower is a Socom Mfg. Black Diamond, but a) it's not being made any more and b) it's not for sale ;) (although I've seen them for $250 and up every so often). You'll also need to add a lower part kit ($45) and front and rear sights (anywhere from $150 to $300). Finally, it really wouldn't be complete without an Eotech or Aimpoint (~$300), a light, maybe a laser, a folding bipod, and of course, the bayonet. Hopefully you'll still have enough money left over for ammo. :D

Nomad.2nd

Rating - 100%
    66   0   1
    Dec 9, 2007
    Baton Rouge... Mostly
    Every POS (I mean POF) pistol upper that has gone through a Tactical Response class has broken.

The one that was in one of my contractor classes had the piston break into 3-4 pieces.

topgunz1

Gold Member
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Sep 13, 2006
    Prairieville
    apparently everything breaks in that class...

Nice looking rifle your building.

BTW: I can vouch that the multicolored monstrosity posted is in fact a real rifle.

TigerStripe

Piston Freak
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 18, 2008
    The Republic of Texas
    Every POS (I mean POF) pistol upper that has gone through a Tactical Response class has broken.

The one that was in one of my contractor classes had the piston break into 3-4 pieces.

I keep hearing stories of POF's going down in classes and just having problems in general. I never get any specifics. I own one. I use one. I've never had a problem with it...

TS

BTW: Chibajoe, that looks great, especially the rail! You may be hearing from me...

Last edited:

Nomad.2nd

Rating - 100%
    66   0   1
    Dec 9, 2007
    Baton Rouge... Mostly
    I keep hearing stories of POF's going down in classes and just having problems in general. I never get any specifics. I own one. I use one. I've never had a problem with it...

TS

BTW: Chibajoe, that looks great, especially the rail! You may be hearing from me...

Like I said:

Yeager warned the guy one had never made it through...When the owner came up to the cleaning table after class he said that Yeager told him... (First i heard about it)

Barrett's working on a piston upper. They send the prototyped to Yeager to see if he can break it and then fix whatever he broke... then send it back. LOL

chibajoe

Pratertium terminus est
    Rating - 100%
    34   0   0
    Jan 29, 2007
    New Orleans
    I meant to ask, is that a factory M4 handguard version?

TS

Yes; the nice thing about the Casv-el is that it clamps to the delta ring, and unlike a lot of other hand guards, has enough room underneath to accomodate the gas piston. The other nice thing about them is that they let you mount rails where you want them. The down side is that they tend to get hot, which is why most people who use them mount a VFG. Oh yeah, did I mention they look super cool, to? :D

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    cajuntiger84
    Top Bottom