A LONG take on the Awerbuck class

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • chooy721

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 13, 2008
    Summary
    The purpose of the class was learning the BASIC to shoot at a gunfight. To be a better Olympic shooter or clay shooter was NOT point at all.Awerbuck was professional, self deprecating, funny, and very , very quick witted. When I say this guy was sharp, I mean this guy was a razor blade. I was truly impressed by the guy as an instructor. He was constantly, I mean constantly, feeding us info. The range was safe, too. I am low speed high drag, but this surpassed my already high expectations. I came in knowing nothing, NOTHING, about shotguns, and came out with a much broader starting base than I could ever have asked for. I would recommend this for ANY beginner. Please ask questions. 2 LE guys were there.4 grunts (ex grunts mixed with 1 active duty guy)They all respected the heck out of this guys. He was a Gunsite Rangemaster back in the day. He gave a lot of respect to Pat Rogers and Scott Reitz. He never, NEVER, spoke poorly of any instructor to keep things professional. He had opinions on various techniques and thought some new things that were out were bad ideas, but he never divulged who the people were teaching the bad ideas. He was firm on saying his opinions were just opinions and not dogma. Safety was the only dogma.

david210

Rating - 92.9%
    13   1   0
    May 12, 2008
    Prairieville
    Great summaries of the class. I personally had a great time and found the class very educational. The “midget” taught me a lot about shotguns.

vgodenwa

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 10, 2008
    Gloster, MS
    "After asking my age, he told the older gentlemen behind me to pass on the story of the young and old bull looking down on a group of heffers."

Who are you calling old???.........who are you calling a gentleman???........
    :D
    Von

Top Bottom