A look at the Senate Race in LA

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • mike308

HandiChamp
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    May 14, 2008
    Pearl River
    In November we have the right to vote for US Senate. A 51% margin is needed to win out right. There are three candidates. 2 have a real chance of winning. Some may think the wrong two but that's what we have. If the incumbant gets back in the word is she will be head of the Energy Committee but that will also mean Harry Reid keeps as head of the Senate. This will give BHO free rein on Federal judgeships, spending, and crippling regulations that are destroying the economy. But what if the incumbant gets back in and the Senate goes over to the Republicians? She is out as head of the Energy Committee and remains as she as been a lame Senator that will vote BHO any chance she gets.

Now if her rival gets in he can help flip the Senate over to the Republicians. This will in theory stop or at least slow down BHO. He could be no worse then the lame Senator we have now. So if he is elected I see a win/win for Louisiana as he and Vitter will represent Louisiana and not the Democrat Party and BHO.

Of course you can split the vote by casting one for the guy who has no chance for a 51% win. If that happens there will be a mssive flood of Demo money in LA to get the incumbant re-elected in the runoff. With their record of voter fraud the only ones to benefit will be the bus companies bring in the thousands from all over to vote for the incumbant Senator.

So I think all of us need to look real close at this election. Get this really bad Senator that we have out of office first go round. Even if the Senate stays in Democrat hands at least we will have one that represents LA not DC.

Ask yourself when was the last time Miss Piggy was seen in Louisana? Was it Novemebr 4th 6 years ago to cast a vote or did she do it by mail?

Last edited:

shootinFe

grey man
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 14, 2009
    Louisiana
    I agree and I'd like for one of the guys to go in at 51% and avoid a risky run-off. I've been saying a long time if we are going to turn Congress and this nation around, we all have to get on the same page, and do it quickly.

Let's all put our vote and support behind the guy that has the best chances of winning it on the first round, and I say that's Cassidy. Nothing wrong with Maness, but Cassidy is a strong front runner right now, let's don't mess this up. If we allow our votes to get split, or we get complacent, we can easily wind up with Landrieu again.

I say go for a knock-out punch on the first round of voting.......it can happen.

RedNeckRuger

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 5, 2011
    New Orleans, LA
    If it comes down to him and Landreiu in a run off, will you vote for him?

In a runoff yes. Primary no. More people need to vote their concious rather than the "lesser of two evils". I pretty much beleive that a real democracy almost doesn't exist anymore. The person that gets elected is the one with the most money behind them. I hate this feeling and I hope that I'm wrong.

usmc-nav

Rating - 100%
    50   0   0
    Feb 19, 2008
    Baton Rouge
    In a runoff yes. Primary no. More people need to vote their concious rather than the "lesser of two evils". I pretty much beleive that a real democracy almost doesn't exist anymore. The person that gets
    elected is the one with the most money behind them. I hate this feeling and I hope that I'm wrong.

Agreed. We now vote for lesser of the two evils because I am told my choice, Maness, can't win. Well, I'm tired of playing this way, I'm voting for Maness.

Last edited:

Lyle Savant

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 22, 2014
    Central (NE Baton Rouge, LA)
    In a runoff yes. Primary no. More people need to vote their concious rather than the "lesser of two evils". I pretty much beleive that a real democracy almost doesn't exist anymore. The person that gets elected is the one with the most money behind them. I hate this feeling and I hope that I'm wrong.

That's precisely why WE will lose & THEY will win. Each of us going to do what we want to do; not thinking of how to actually win, which would take voting unified; which is exactly what THEY will do.

When are WE going to learn? Voting our conscience & not voting for the best choice that actually stands a chance, is what got us in the mess we are in.

Vermiform

Free Candy!
    Gold Member
    Marketplace Mod
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Sep 18, 2006
    Shreveport - or therebouts
    When are WE going to learn? Voting our conscience & not voting for the best choice that actually stands a chance, is what got us in the mess we are in.

I disagree. Letting the media choose our candidates for us, voting the lesser of 2 evils AND NOT voting our conscience is what got us in the mess we are in now.

mike308

HandiChamp
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    May 14, 2008
    Pearl River
    There is not that much difference in the 2 men to warrant a split vote. One can obviously win the other can not. Sorry not enough support for the one. But rest assured if Miss Piggy showed up in NOLA wearing a white hooded outfit carry a torch the Democrats would cheer and vote 3 instead of 2 times for her. Republicians would have split their vote over Moses and Joshua. The ten commandments would still be up on the mountain with Pharaoh in charge.

The stakes are high and the freedoms we have are being stolen by activist judges who claim things to be unconstitutional. These judges get appoint by BHO and confirmed by the Senate. We need to recognize that the Senate independents go over to the side that gives them the most swag. That is and has been the Democrats. So in order to get the Senate all of the Republicians running need to win. If Louisiana allows Miss Piggy to get into a runoff she will win. NOLA will produce a million votes for her. Once before she only won in 2 Parishes St Mary and Orleans keeping her Senate throne. She can do it again especially if going into a runoff as the entire Democrat machine will take over LA. Lets not let that happen and take her out on the first go round.

I registered to vote in 1968 as a Republician in Louisiana when I was told I couldn't. Since 1978 I have been registered as an Independent. BHO got re-elected because 3 million less Republicians voted in 2012 then 2008. Romney should have been elected but foolish Republicians stayed home with their protest non vote. See what that has gotten us.

bigtattoo79

Rating - 100%
    94   0   0
    Sep 12, 2009
    LA
    So the smart Cassidy voters know the Maness voters are gonna cause a run off.
    Wait I got an idea: How about the Cassidy voters change their vote? Better yet why doesn't Cassidy do the right thing and drop out?

Cassidy needs to take off the sheep's clothing!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

03protege

#1 Stevel Spell II fan
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Nov 20, 2008
    Mandeville
    I registered to vote in 1968 as a Republician in Louisiana when I was told I couldn't. Since 1978 I have been registered as an Independent. BHO got re-elected because 3 million less Republicians voted in 2012 then 2008. Romney should have been elected but foolish Republicians stayed home with their protest non vote. See what that has gotten us.

Romney is basically a liberal but because he worked for an "evil corporation" that some how qualifies him to be called a republican. Same thing with McCain.

This fear mongering for people to vote for your candidate is absolutely absurd.

Old_Demon

Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    Apr 24, 2009
    Ponchatoula
    I'm concerned that Cassidy is just another RINO who'll show his true colors once he's in office. Didn't he just bring the ultimate RINO to the state to "help" his campaign (John McCain)? Some of his past positions make me concerned about his representing the state, at least as a conservative and true to the constitution. While I think Cassidy is a step up from Mary, I also think it's just a small step. There isn't a whole lot of difference between the democrats and the mainstream republicans. Oh, they put on a show against the other side at times, but in the end they end up in a backroom together making deals that continue to sell this country down the river. And by sell I mean they also enrich themselves.

I've been involved in local politics most of my adult life (never as a candidate) and worked in a few campaigns. I've seen thousands of dollars handed over to buy votes. And I've been the route of don't split the vote, vote for the one who has the best chance to win that may come close to your beliefs (or so they say). And that position is one of the things that has led us to the point this country is at today - accept mediocrity. Instead of standing up and demanding better candidates we continue to reward the half-assed candidates and politicians with our votes. I refuse to do that any longer.

Bottom line, I'm going to vote for who I believe is the best candidate, who represents my values and beliefs and who I think will stand for the constitution and not for power and money.

sandman7925

Wealthy women wanted
    Gold Member
    Rating - 100%
    27   0   0
    May 16, 2010
    False River
    I'm voting for Mary. And I'm voting democrat with the next presidential election. I'm voting democrat for everything.
    People are still clueless on how bad things are so I say hand over complete control. And it'll get so bad eventually people will wake up and we can start to get things back where they should be. Won't have to worry about voting for he lesser of two evils then.
    Vote democrat!!!!!!

Top Bottom