A Note For Anyone Taking A Cruise To Mexico

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • jdessell

Womb-Raider
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Aug 28, 2011
    NOLA
    Don't take Carnival Elation. Bad food, bad service. For the same price take almost any other boat. Just an FYI.

Last edited:

XD-GEM

XD-GEM
    Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Jun 8, 2008
    New Orleans
    That's a shame. My wife and I took the Elation a little over a year ago and everything was great. I suppose Carnival is having a corporate-wide morale problem right now.

gonepecan

Rating - 88.9%
    8   1   0
    Oct 2, 2009
    Somewhere
    Did the Elation last year. Meh.

I hear Holland America has the best ships overall (food, entertainment, and such). I don't believe they go out of NOLA though. I'm planning on taking another out of either Miami or Fort Lauderdale.

bassicpackrat

Dopplebock Slayer
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Feb 20, 2011
    Opelousas,LA 70570
    sorry to hear that. My wife and I went on Carnival Triumph a few years ago(when it was still sailing out of NOLA) and had a great time, but were thankful when we recently heard about it breaking down once it moved to Galveston that we weren't on it. Took another cruise a few months back with my wife and inlaws on Norwegian and were not inpressed at all, much preferred Carnival. Considering trying Royal Carribean next time. Now this morning I saw on the news that the fueling barges for Triumph blew up too, and this review as well is really making me have doubts about Carnival being able to remain on top, sad to hear this.

gabesurface

Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Oct 25, 2012
    Baton Rouge, LA
    Wife and I went on Elation a few years back - service was great but I agree the food was meh if you didn't do the restaurant every night. I did enjoy the late night pizza, however. Personally, my only complaint was too many kids. We were on the boat 3 days before we found the 21 and older deck. Then it was true relaxation.

dixiejarhead

Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    May 27, 2012
    NOLA/Northshore!
    Well, I can tell you, the best cruises out of NOLA are in this order:

Best:
    Princess
    Royal Caribbean
    Norwegian
    Carnival

Oh and another note, if you have an outstanding warrant, don't think for a moment about getting on that boat unless you want your vacation ruined... lol.

autogateman

Access denied
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Sep 17, 2012
    maurepas la
    Ex wife wrote a bad check in 2007 in Jefferson parish, I never even knew about it. Me and my new wife wake up on the cruise ship 5 am the day were supposed to leave the boat to the sound of border patrol at the door. Spent two days in OPP and another in JPP before the judge just signed off and let me on my way with a paper saying where to pay the fines and check. Awesome way to start my marriage! The wife was PISSED, but not at me, just the whole situation.

dixiejarhead

Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    May 27, 2012
    NOLA/Northshore!
    Ex wife wrote a bad check in 2007 in Jefferson parish, I never even knew about it. Me and my new wife wake up on the cruise ship 5 am the day were supposed to leave the boat to the sound of border patrol at the door. Spent two days in OPP and another in JPP before the judge just signed off and let me on my way with a paper saying where to pay the fines and check. Awesome way to start my marriage! The wife was PISSED, but not at me, just the whole situation.

Most of the time that's exactly the situation we face. but when the ORI says they want you, kind of puts us in a situation where we cannot say no. Glad it all worked out for you.

Ritten

SSST Mad Scientist
    Rating - 100%
    44   0   0
    Dec 8, 2007
    Thibodaux, Louisiana
    Just got off the Conquest this morning. The food, service, and trip was AWWWESOMMME! Carnival really did a great job. We did a cruise 5 years ago on the Fantasy and it was nice as well.

jdessell

Womb-Raider
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Aug 28, 2011
    NOLA
    Just got off the Conquest this morning. The food, service, and trip was AWWWESOMMME! Carnival really did a great job. We did a cruise 5 years ago on the Fantasy and it was nice as well.

I've heard the Conqest is a great ship. The couple we went with has been on many boats. They cruise once a year. They prety much said the Elation was the most all-around unsatisfacory ship they had been on.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Jerry1090
    Top Bottom