A person with a temporary green card can buy a firearm

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • moe24

Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    I thought you had to be a citizen or at least have a permanent green card in order to buy a firearm in Louisiana.
    I was with my friend(who is from uzbekistan)yesterday and we went to academy sports and outdoors last night so he can buy one of those ruger pocket guns,prior to that we argued with him saying he could buy a gun and me saying he couldn't but a gun with just a temp green card,sure enough we went to academy and he filled out the nics background check form and was approved..

Was this by mistake or can anyone who is not a citizen and only have a temp green card buy firearms?

molonlabe

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 7, 2013
    Baton Rouge, La
    That's weird and wrong too. It is a right only a US citizen should be enjoying. Otherwise it is no different from allowing a tourist or even a greencard holder to vote.

By the way, I'm very familiar with Uzbekistan. Grew up 75 miles from its capital.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

dixiejarhead

Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    May 27, 2012
    NOLA/Northshore!
    "temporary green card"? no such thing. He may have an ADIT I551 stamp, but that is not temporary, it is the equivalent of a green card. Basically it is like a temporary drivers license. It serves as a "green card" aka I 551 until he or she receives the document in the mail.

Lawful Permanent Residents MAY own firearms legally.

molonlabe

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 7, 2013
    Baton Rouge, La
    Whoa. Last time I checked this country still accepted immigrants, and was built by those who left the old world. Some happened to be here sooner than others. Don't confuse this mess with the illegals and what the government is doing to support it, with the skilled and educated few that manage to stay. Often after tens of thousands of dollars spent in government and legal fees, and years upon years of waiting.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:
    Top Bottom