a polite request

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • daybreak

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 5, 2012
    I'm new to Louisiana. Most times I see a match posted here, there is just not very much information included. Thread titles usually look something like this:

Title: QDW is a Go

Body: See you guys there!

or ...

Title: BRB or WD40, or AFK is on this Weekend!

Body: I hope we don't get rained out.

... And that's all the information in the thread. Some are better than others, some look exactly as I described. See, the problem is, being a new competitor and new to the area, I have no idea what those acronyms mean. I have no idea where that club is, or what day is meant by "this weekend". I have to google that acronym and USPSA in Louisiana, find the club's website on my own, and then hope that club has an active calendar. If they don't, I have to email them and ask for a club schedule.

If you're going to be so kind to make a thread for a match notification, at the bare minimum, I think it would be helpful to include:

Who: Ckub's full name.
    What: USPSA shoot, or outlaw steel match, Purple guns only shoot or whatever.
    when: Specific date and time.
    where: An address for the club. You won't believe how many clubs just don't put an address on their page.
    Web/Contact: Club or match info website.

Now, I realize most people aren't like me and they've been to a match or two, know when the regular matches are, know what the acronyms mean. But I don't, and I think if you're going to announce a match, you should include those basic details anyway. I mean this in politest way possible.

Now ... Does anyone know the next match near me in West Monroe ? :)

Last edited:

King of D Open
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Nov 21, 2009
    Vieux Carre
    I don't have the details but the closest USPSA matches are probably around Jackson.

USPSA in LA is at Amite, Gonzales, and Thibidoux - nothing near you.

I don't follow much else myself.

You should also check the LSA (Louisiana Shooting Association) website for other types of matches.

The calendar at the top of the Competition is also a pretty good resource.

Pigfish73

Brass Junkie!
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Apr 28, 2010
    Ft. Worth, TX
    The closest USPSA match to W. Monroe is the one held on 2nd Sundays at Winnsboro Gun Club. They do not have a match December-February. There are IDPA matches at Clark Custom Gun in Haughton, LA. I do not know their schedule as I gave up on IDPA years ago. They do have a 3 gun on any month with a 5th Sunday.
    Check out Lagator.org for all of the clubs in S. LA.

Pigfish73

Brass Junkie!
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Apr 28, 2010
    Ft. Worth, TX
    There is a USPSA club in Jackson, MS too. Somebody is holding some non-sanctioned events around Oak Grove and Bastrop. I've never been to them.
    OPSO hosts some Steel Challenge and Glock matches at their range.

Pigfish73

Brass Junkie!
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Apr 28, 2010
    Ft. Worth, TX
    I almost forgot, the IDPA club at Clark's also does Steel Challenge once a month.
    There are clubs in Pine Bluff, Little Rock, Benton, and Hot Springs, AR.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    cajuntiger84
    Top Bottom