A reminder to always carry.....

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Guate_shooter

LA CHP Instructor # 522
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Dec 4, 2009
    (Breaux Bridge)
    Need about 3 more Katrinas back to back to flush the rest of the trash out New Oreans or wash the whole damn cesspool out to sea

O Lord please don't do it. The last time all the trash washed up on the North Shore.:mad:

Agreed NOW the crime rate in Lafayette increased about 36% not to mention traffic, washing them out is not the best option.

Emperor

Seriously Misunderstood!
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Mar 7, 2011
    Nether region
    O Lord please don't do it. The last time all the trash washed up on the North Shore.:mad:

You cannot get rid of them that easily. The more you consider the similarity to occurrences in nature, ie the insect world, you will start to notice a distinct pattern. My comparison here is an ant colony. If you live any where in the southeast US you have battled with red or fire ants. So take your own yard as you lab. A colony magically appears in your yard. You obliterate it, spray it, throw gas on it, whatever your choice to eradicate it. You get mound after mound in a day until you believe that you have successfully gotten rid of them. Then the next day you see other mounds has replaced the ones you destroyed the day before?

New Orleans is just a place like your yard. Your yard is not the problem it's the ants. Unless you are aggressively protecting your yard from further invasion each and every day you will be revisited. No one really knows what drives the ants to keep coming back and staying in YOUR yard, even though it may be less hospitable then your neighbors yard may be.

Hurricanes do not eradicate ants. Ants can climb out of the way and..........My god! Ants are smarter than these people!?!

Speedlace

LOL...right?
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 23, 2007
    THUGS - LEO'S - THUGS - LEO'S. How can you tell the difference?
    They will be wearing their NOPD sweatshirts when they commit crimes.
    grinning-smiley-044.gif

Rookie cop resigns after allegedly brandishing two guns during off-duty altercation

Westbrook said Swanier was involved in a domestic dispute with a couple at a Chevron gas station on Crowder Boulevard and Interstate 10 on Friday afternoon.

Surveillance footage shows Swanier brandishing his weapon at the man, and then going to his trunk to pull out a second weapon, Westbrook said.
    http://www.fox8live.com/news/local/story/lens-nopd-assault-arrest/JkgGx_QuNES4CFxZ0azm1w.cspx

:)

Last edited:

Kraut

LEO
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Oct 3, 2007
    Slidell, LA
    I've had two incidents kinda like that in NOLA over the years. Once while stopped in traffic, second from the light, two parties met in the middle of the lane in front of me for their hand-to-hand drug transaction, which had it turned into a rip with gunplay would have been right across my hood. Another time a jacka$$ that cut me off U-turning in front of me on Elysian Fields kept steering from lane to lane to prevent me from passing, even swerving suddenly forcing me against the median causing damage to my wheel, then trying to slow me to a stop by stopping in front of me in the roadway. I had a pistol in the car both times, but these incidents just illustrate how suddenly a possible need to use a weapon can pop up out of nowhere. I go into Condition Orange when I drive around NOLA.

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Jp3544
    Top Bottom