AAC debacle

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • InterstateGuns

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 25, 2012
    Hammond
    With Freedom Group doing away with AAC soon, are you as a consumer less likely to purchase a can from them or is this going to push you to get it while there is still product available?

freedive10

-Global Mod-, Caballoloco
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Sep 17, 2008
    Mandeville
    WWHHAATTTT!!!???????? Chris, where did you hear this?

Freedom Group took a huge dump on AAC. I stopped buying their stuff ever since Kevin Brittingham left. I was hoping he would start a new company and learn from his mistake of selling it off but SIG picked him up so I don't see that happening any time soon. He will be heading up the SIG-SD Silencer business unit.

To answer your question, I would purchase another if they had a clearance price. Other than that, I have been looking at Surefire. Yeah, its expensive and I thought I was paying for the name, but I have been impressed with those I have shot and handled.

Last edited:

JadeRaven

Oh Snap
    Rating - 100%
    60   0   0
    Sep 13, 2006
    Metairie
    Wow!

All of my cans are AAC.

Was looking to pickup another tirant too. Hmm. Still want it.

Yeah I think I still want their product... it's the best on the market. Are they really going away, or just moving and possibly losing some employees?

Last edited:

RovingDisco

Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jan 4, 2012
    Rocket City, Alabama
    Noooo!!!! Hold on does that mean they will be making suppressors where I live now.

Edit: A bunch of folks in Huntsville was wondering what kind of work would be brought here. If you have never been to Huntsville you should come and visit space camp. :rofl:

Last edited:

Hitman

® ™
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Sep 4, 2008
    Lake Charles
    The moves make perfect business sense.
    Consolidating the disparate resources into a manufacturing
    (and firearm-friendly) State
    while culling duplicity will make for a leaner,
    more efficient company.

*This was a strategic business decision to concentrate our resources into fewer locations
    and improve manufacturing efficiency and quality.* Novin said,

Seems right.

SpeedRacer

Rating - 100%
    92   0   0
    Feb 23, 2007
    Mandeville, LA
    Seems right.

Except they are consolidating companies that are completely different. Putting innovative companies like AAC and turds like Tapco under the same roof will not end well. I don't see much "duplicity" at all, that's biz lingo for "we're gonna fire a lot of people and do everything they did crappier and cheaper." The end result will be ruining what made each of the sub companies unique and successful.

InterstateGuns

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 25, 2012
    Hammond
    Wow!

All of my cans are AAC.

Was looking to pickup another tirant too. Hmm. Still want it.

Yeah I think I still want their product... it's the best on the market. Are they really going away, or just moving and possibly losing some employees?

I dunno if they make the "best" but they do a good job a manufacturing what they do make.

InterstateGuns

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 25, 2012
    Hammond
    Except they are consolidating companies that are completely different. Putting innovative companies like AAC and turds like Tapco under the same roof will not end well. I don't see much "duplicity" at all, that's biz lingo for "we're gonna fire a lot of people and do everything they did crappier and cheaper." The end result will be ruining what made each of the sub companies unique and successful.
    Guess that happens when a company in your portfolio has to shell out 30mil on a recall.

RovingDisco

Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jan 4, 2012
    Rocket City, Alabama
    I am sure the quality of suppressors won't go down. Huntsville has some amazing talent already in the local area from building all sorts of crazy things for the army and nasa. If anything I could see more innovation for the company.

cajun_64

Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    Mar 22, 2012
    Abbeville

I hope not as crappy as Remington has been doing lately.

Jim's Firearms

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 15, 2014
    Baton rouge, LA
    AAC has always been our best seller and I don't think that will change. It is unfortunate to see small, innovative companies swallowed by the machine but i guess that is life...

Landry308

Class 3/SOT/Houma LA
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Jan 21, 2009
    Houma
    AAC has been making cool suppressors since before suppressors were "cool" for the mainstream. All the Remington ******** may change things, but I wouldn't write them off just yet. Still class leading: M4-2000, Element 2, Tirant YMMV

Latest posts

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Mikeyy504
    Top Bottom