Abortion doctor Gun Downed

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • CZowner07

XD>Glock but<CZ
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 15, 2008
    Saint Martinville/Lafayette
    http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,523581,00.html

Abortion Doctor Gunned Down at Kansas Church, Suspect in Custody
    Sunday, May 31, 2009

Print ShareThis
    AP

Jan. 19, 2002: Dr. George Tiller speaks to a small group in a tent during a rally at Tiller's clinic in Wichita, Kan.
    Jan. 19, 2002: Dr. George Tiller speaks to a small group in a tent during a rally at Tiller's clinic in Wichita, Kan.
    WICHITA, Kan. — Late-term abortion doctor George Tiller, a prominent advocate for abortion rights wounded by a protester more than a decade ago, was shot and killed Sunday at his church in Wichita, his attorney said.

A Wichita city official, speaking on condition of anonymity because he was not authorized to talk publicly about the case, said a suspect was taken into custody later Sunday. The official would not provide additional details. Earlier, police had said they were looking for a gunman who fled in a 1993 light blue Ford Taurus registered in the Kansas City suburb of Merriam, Kan.

Attorney Dan Monnat said Tiller, 67, was shot as he served as an usher during morning services at Reformation Lutheran Church. Monnat said Tiller's wife, Jeanne, was in the choir at the time of the shooting.

Click here for photos.

The women's clinic run by Tiller is one of three in the nation where abortions are performed after the 21st week of pregnancy, when the fetus is considered viable, and has repeatedly been the site of protests for about two decades. A protester shot Tiller in both arms in 1993, and his clinic was bombed in 1985.

Monnat said Sunday that Tiller had asked federal prosecutors to step up investigations of vandalism and other threats against the clinic out of fear that the incidents were increasing and that Tiller's safety was in jeopardy.

Tiller's attorneys issued a statement on behalf of his wife, four children and 10 grandchildren.

"Today's event is an unspeakable tragedy for all of us and for George's friends and patients. This is particularly heart-wrenching because George was shot down in his house of worship, a place of peace," the statement said.

• FLASHBACK: Steele Calls on Obama to Withdraw Sebelius Nomination Over Tiller Ties

• FLASHBACK: Sebelius Lowballed Abortion Doctor's Donations

Related StoriesLate-Term Abortion Provider on Trial for Allegedly Aborting Fetuses Illegally
    'The Factor' Comes Face-to-Face With Kansas Abortion Doctor, George Tiller
    "Our loss is also a loss for the city of Wichita and women across America. George dedicated his life to providing women with high-quality heath care despite frequent threats and violence."

Anti-abortion group Operation Rescue issued a statement denouncing the shooting.

"We are shocked at this morning's disturbing news that Mr. Tiller was gunned down," said Troy Newman, Operation Rescue's president. "Operation Rescue has worked for years through peaceful, legal means, and through the proper channels to see him brought to justice. We denounce vigilantism and the cowardly act that took place this morning."

Tiller remained prominent in the news in recent years, in part because of an investigation started begun by former Kansas Attorney General Phill Kline, an abortion opponent.

"I am stunned by this lawless and violent act, which must be condemned and should be met with the full force of law," Kline said in a written statement. "We join in lifting prayer that God's grace and presence rest with Dr. Tiller's family and friends."

Prosecutors had alleged that Tiller had gotten second opinions from a doctor who was essentially an employee of his, not independent as state law requires. A jury in March acquitted Tiller of all 19 misdemeanor counts.

Abortion opponents also questioned then-Gov. Kathleen Sebelius' ties to Tiller before the Senate confirmed her this year as U.S. Health and Human Services Secretary. Tiller donated thousands of dollars to Sebelius over the years.

As one of the few doctors in the nation to perform late-term abortions, Tiller had been a high-profile target of abortion opponents for decades. His clinic, Women's Health Care Services, was bombed in 1985, and Tiller was shot in both arms in 1993 by abortion protester Rachelle "Shelley" Shannon of Grants Pass, Ore.

In 1991, the Summer of Mercy protests organized by Operation Rescue drew thousands of anti-abortion activists to this city for demonstrations marked by civil disobedience and mass arrests.

After those protests, Tiller kept mostly to his heavily guarded clinic, although in 1997 he opened it to three tours by state lawmakers and the media.

CajunTim

Premium CoonAss Member
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    Oct 19, 2006
    Mandeville, LA
    Operation Rescue has worked for years through peaceful means...protests organized by Operation Rescue drew thousands of anti-abortion activists to this city for demonstrations marked by civil disobedience and mass arrests

Something doesnt add up with the above statements.

Where is rudolph when you need him?

Bayoupiper

New Curmudgeon
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Apr 28, 2008
    Iowa, LA
    I never gave this issue much thought... until the Great Abortion Clinic ClusterF*ck of 1993 or thereabouts. The cops came to call it Fetus Fest. And if that offends someone, well, too bad. WE were offended at having to be out there policing the whackos.. who further pissed us off by hiding behind "common decency", etc.

Peaceful, my ass. Those people are just as bad as any religious zealot, muslims included. In fact, they are a lot like muslims; if you don't agree with them, then you're nothing.

The recent spate of murders committed by these people does not surprise me in the least.

I got real tired of having all those posters stuck in my face....

But I had relegated abortion clinic protests to the back burner since then.

Just watch, it's going to be the fault of all those "evil guns" out there......

LongRange

Weatherby...no Substitute
    Rating - 97%
    32   1   0
    Mar 1, 2008
    Gonzales LA
    age old crap..

everyone wants to tell everyone else what to do..

fact is its got to be left up to the one with the vagina.. If a guy knocks up some chick who decides to 86 the child, and he wants it, he shouldve picked a different woman to knock up. Either way, its not anyones call but the one whos gonna give birth.

I see all those anti-abortionists running around on the news etc, but you dont see them down at the local homeless shelter taking in droves of kids who have no family, dont see them taking the thousands they spend on protesting and using it to feed all the kids nobody wanted.

Since 1960 the population of the united states has more than doubled, can anyone say overpopulation? So a bunch of people want to stop abortions and then bitch and whine about welfare and taxes,lol.

Its simple.. stay in your own damn yard. Funny how anti-abortion people call the doctors murderers but not once has an Anti been gunned down outside a clinic, so whos the killers? easy fix, a doctor with some balls gets a threat outside, he draws and shoots the anti in the head.. i got 100 bucks says the protest ends quickly,lol. He would walk too because he can show that a threat can and does lead to death of another in the same situation, thus, proof that his life was in danger.

If you are anti anything.. keep it to yourself, nobodys telling you that u have to do it, but its supposed to be America, someone else has the right to do it.

Gumbo

Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Apr 28, 2009
    Lafayette
    I abhor abortion, but I think the idea of the government telling someone what they can and can't do with their own body is worse. IMHO, if we're going to allow late term abortions, then we should go ahead and stop charging people with two counts of murder when they kill a pregnant woman. Can't have it both ways.

And quite frankly, abortion clinics are just enabling the carefree, zero responsibility mentality of this nation. Don't expect to see me outside chanting with the rest of the pro-lifers, but don't expect me to feel an iota of sorrow for that man or his family either, you reap what you sow.

Last edited:

mrdbeau

*Banned*
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 3, 2008
    Slidell Area
    Peaceful, my ass. Those people are just as bad as any religious zealot, muslims included. In fact, they are a lot like muslims; if you don't agree with them, then you're nothing.

The recent spate of murders committed by these people does not surprise me in the least.

Spate of murders? How many abortion clinic doctors have been murdered recently? So because there are 2 or 3 nutjobs out there who happen to be Christian, I guess anyone protesting an abortion clinic or anything else they deem to be antithetical to their religion is on par with a terrorist? Cool, glad to see you got Obama's Homeland Security memo from a few months ago.

And quite frankly, abortion clinics are just enabling the carefree, zero responsibility mentality of this nation. Don't expect to see me outside chanting with the rest of the pro-lifers, but don't expect me to feel an iota of sorrow for that man or his family either, you reap what you sow.

I feel the exact same way. I'm ardently anti-killing babies (let's call it what it is instead of hiding behind "pro-life" and "pro-choice"), but I certainly wouldn't go out and murder some abortion doctor. On the other hand, if you're going to make your entire life mission to kill as many babies as you can, don't be surprised if someone takes your ass out. Not a big loss.

derf

Privateer
    Rating - 100%
    71   0   0
    Oct 11, 2008
    BR, LA
    age old crap..

everyone wants to tell everyone else what to do..

fact is its got to be left up to the one with the vagina.. If a guy knocks up some chick who decides to 86 the child, and he wants it, he shouldve picked a different woman to knock up. Either way, its not anyones call but the one whos gonna give birth.

I see all those anti-abortionists running around on the news etc, but you dont see them down at the local homeless shelter taking in droves of kids who have no family, dont see them taking the thousands they spend on protesting and using it to feed all the kids nobody wanted.

Since 1960 the population of the united states has more than doubled, can anyone say overpopulation? So a bunch of people want to stop abortions and then bitch and whine about welfare and taxes,lol.

Its simple.. stay in your own damn yard. Funny how anti-abortion people call the doctors murderers but not once has an Anti been gunned down outside a clinic, so whos the killers? easy fix, a doctor with some balls gets a threat outside, he draws and shoots the anti in the head.. i got 100 bucks says the protest ends quickly,lol. He would walk too because he can show that a threat can and does lead to death of another in the same situation, thus, proof that his life was in danger.

If you are anti anything.. keep it to yourself, nobodys telling you that u have to do it, but its supposed to be America, someone else has the right to do it.

Too bad your mother..............N/M.

Rainman

Justified!
    Rating - 100%
    44   0   0
    Mar 28, 2008
    Near I-55 & I-12
    I heard a woman on TV recently tell about how she used to work in an abortion clinic. She would actually "sell" (coax them into it) abortions to young teen aged girls. She said the abortion clinic actually freely gave teen aged girls (with out their parents knowledge) "low dose" birth control pills (on purpose with out them knowing). All the while the teens thought they were protected from getting pregnant, but the dosage was low enough that they would likely get pregnant if they had sex. Then of course when they did they would go to the abortion clinic to get it taken care of it.

The woman has since gotten out of the business and has changed her ways. She now tries to make young girls aware of the things abortion clinics don't tell people.

parallel

Often Beside Himself
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 3, 2009
    LaPlace, Louisiana
    I do not agree with abortion, particularly late term abortion. I believe that there should be exceptions for the mothers life (not "mother's health" because that could mean anything). However, the person who killed this doctor (even though the doctor IMO was a murdering bastard himself) is NO hero and is nothing more than a murdering POS himself.

LouisianaAKman

B.O.W. #318
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 16, 2009
    West Monroe,LA
    Tiller's wife should be happy, he was realllly late term aborted!! lmao, as said before, you reap what you sow.I hope his wife cries herself to death as well, two baby killers less in the world. I say give the guy a medal that shot him.

LongRange

Weatherby...no Substitute
    Rating - 97%
    32   1   0
    Mar 1, 2008
    Gonzales LA
    ... and hunters kill Bambie.. Kids get killed everyday from guns, pollution kills us all and second hand smoke will be the death of you... and for all those things we have ANTI's ...

so lemme get this right..

anti- gunners suck
    anti- abortions rule
    anti-smokers dont matter
    anti- druggers dont exist

well i say ANTI is a four letter word.. u dont want guns dont buy any.. dont want abortions dont get any.. dont want smoke, stay away from it.. dont want drugs dont buy any.
    But nobody has a right nor is it written anywhere in any constitution, that anyone has the right, to tell another person what to do that is within the LAW. Its called FREEDOM.. not SELECTIVE FREEDOM... you dont get to decide how free i get to be. U want the freedom to say no, i want the freedom to say yes.. on any issue without persecution or getting shot in front of your place of work.

When greenpeace starts shooting you guys off the oil rigs.. you gonna say "oh well they are right, pollution is killing the planet"?? hell no, ur gonna bitch about the tree huggin faggots. Next time your about to shoot a 10 point buck and someone from PETA chases it away, you gonna say "oh well, they are right, i was gonna kill bambi's daddy"?? hell no you are gonna come here and bitch that its your RIGHT. you cant have it both ways that makes you as bad as the anti gunners.. either we have the right in the united states to do what is our legal right, or we dont.

Hey , i have 9 kids, so trust me, i dont go the abortion route either.. but its still a RIGHT! so wanting to take that right away is no different than wanting to take away gun rights. anything less makes you a hypocrit, sell your guns and adopt 12 kids then if you are that serious about it.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Demmickb
    Top Bottom