Abortion doctor Gun Downed

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • JadeRaven

Oh Snap
    Rating - 100%
    60   0   0
    Sep 13, 2006
    Metairie
    ... and hunters kill Bambie.. Kids get killed everyday from guns, pollution kills us all and second hand smoke will be the death of you... and for all those things we have ANTI's ...

so lemme get this right..

anti- gunners suck
    anti- abortions rule
    anti-smokers dont matter
    anti- druggers dont exist

well i say ANTI is a four letter word.. u dont want guns dont buy any.. dont want abortions dont get any.. dont want smoke, stay away from it.. dont want drugs dont buy any.
    But nobody has a right nor is it written anywhere in any constitution, that anyone has the right, to tell another person what to do that is within the LAW. Its called FREEDOM.. not SELECTIVE FREEDOM... you dont get to decide how free i get to be. U want the freedom to say no, i want the freedom to say yes.. on any issue without persecution or getting shot in front of your place of work.

When greenpeace starts shooting you guys off the oil rigs.. you gonna say "oh well they are right, pollution is killing the planet"?? hell no, ur gonna bitch about the tree huggin faggots. Next time your about to shoot a 10 point buck and someone from PETA chases it away, you gonna say "oh well, they are right, i was gonna kill bambi's daddy"?? hell no you are gonna come here and bitch that its your RIGHT. you cant have it both ways that makes you as bad as the anti gunners.. either we have the right in the united states to do what is our legal right, or we dont.

Hey , i have 9 kids, so trust me, i dont go the abortion route either.. but its still a RIGHT! so wanting to take that right away is no different than wanting to take away gun rights. anything less makes you a hypocrit, sell your guns and adopt 12 kids then if you are that serious about it.

I have a hard time equating the life of a deer with the life of a human being, let alone a child.

Just because something is legal doesn't make it ethical or morally permissible. Just because it is currently your "RIGHT" doesn't make it right.

If the government legalized torture of the elderly, I guess you'd stand behind it as your "RIGHT," right? :rolleyes:

Speedlace

LOL...right?
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 23, 2007
    Spate of murders? How many abortion clinic doctors have been murdered recently? So because there are 2 or 3 nutjobs out there who happen to be Christian, I guess anyone protesting an abortion clinic or anything else they deem to be antithetical to their religion is on par with a terrorist?
    When they start bombing and shooting people on the other side...
    ...than, yes.

:)

crewdawg

F-15 Eagle Crew Chief
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    May 3, 2009
    Amite, LA
    ... and hunters kill Bambie.. Kids get killed everyday from guns, pollution kills us all and second hand smoke will be the death of you... and for all those things we have ANTI's ...

so lemme get this right..

anti- gunners suck
    anti- abortions rule
    anti-smokers dont matter
    anti- druggers dont exist

well i say ANTI is a four letter word.. u dont want guns dont buy any.. dont want abortions dont get any.. dont want smoke, stay away from it.. dont want drugs dont buy any.
    But nobody has a right nor is it written anywhere in any constitution, that anyone has the right, to tell another person what to do that is within the LAW. Its called FREEDOM.. not SELECTIVE FREEDOM... you dont get to decide how free i get to be. U want the freedom to say no, i want the freedom to say yes.. on any issue without persecution or getting shot in front of your place of work.

When greenpeace starts shooting you guys off the oil rigs.. you gonna say "oh well they are right, pollution is killing the planet"?? hell no, ur gonna bitch about the tree huggin faggots. Next time your about to shoot a 10 point buck and someone from PETA chases it away, you gonna say "oh well, they are right, i was gonna kill bambi's daddy"?? hell no you are gonna come here and bitch that its your RIGHT. you cant have it both ways that makes you as bad as the anti gunners.. either we have the right in the united states to do what is our legal right, or we dont.

Hey , i have 9 kids, so trust me, i dont go the abortion route either.. but its still a RIGHT! so wanting to take that right away is no different than wanting to take away gun rights. anything less makes you a hypocrit, sell your guns and adopt 12 kids then if you are that serious about it.

Don't want slaves, don't buy any, don't want any murders, don't commit any. Yep, that doesn't make much sense either.

There is a difference in the drugs, guns, smoking, and the abortion, slaves, and murders that I added. Drugs, guns, and smoking in itself doesn't cause harm to others unless used unresponsibly. Slaves, abortion, and murder does cause harm. Abortion IMO isn't about a woman's right to choose or a woman's womb, abortion is about the killing of an innocent life. That is what I see wrong about it.

I don't really want to have this discussion, because we won't convince each other, but I just wanted to point out the flaw in your argument of "don't want abortions, don't get one." My response is, "don't want slaves, don't buy one." (disclaimer...I am NOT for slavery....this is just an example)

Last edited:

crewdawg

F-15 Eagle Crew Chief
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    May 3, 2009
    Amite, LA
    I have a hard time equating the life of a deer with the life of a human being, let alone a child.

Just because something is legal doesn't make it ethical or morally permissible. Just because it is currently your "RIGHT" doesn't make it right.

If the government legalized torture of the elderly, I guess you'd stand behind it as your "RIGHT," right? :rolleyes:

+1

Years ago, it was the god-given RIGHT of Americans to own slaves, and upheld by the US Supreme Court. At that time, if we opposed slavery, people still came out and pointed out that it was a RIGHT. Just because it's upheld by the Supreme Court doesn't make it right. And abortion wasn't a RIGHT in the constitution, it was tweaked around enough and added as a "RIGHT" by the Supreme Court.

If conservatives weren't for Judicial Restraint and weren't in opposition of Judicial Activism, conservatives sure could **** off a bunch of liberals by using their own tactics of using the court to pass a bunch of RIGHTS. Oh, the libs would hate that.

If we read as much into the 2nd amendment as the libs read into the 14th amendment (that the court used to legalize abortion) us "gun nuts:D" would be fully capable of walking around town and into schools with fully automatic machine guns, grenades, and rocket launchers, etc. The courts read so deeply into the meaning of the 14th amendment, but the libs don't want to even read the words on the 2nd. Hypocrisy?

LongRange

Weatherby...no Substitute
    Rating - 97%
    32   1   0
    Mar 1, 2008
    Gonzales LA
    First some FYI..

Induced abortion can be traced to ancient times. There is evidence to suggest that, historically, pregnancies were terminated through a number of methods, including the administration of abortifacient herbs, the use of sharpened implements, the application of abdominal pressure, and other techniques.

The Hippocratic Oath, the chief statement of medical ethics for Hippocratic physicians in Ancient Greece, forbade doctors from helping to procure an abortion by pessary. Soranus, a second-century Greek physician, suggested in his work Gynaecology that women wishing to abort their pregnancies should engage in energetic exercise, energetic jumping, carrying heavy objects, and riding animals. He also prescribed a number of recipes for herbal baths, pessaries, and bloodletting, but advised against the use of sharp instruments to induce miscarriage due to the risk of organ perforation. It is also believed that, in addition to using it as a contraceptive, the ancient Greeks relied upon silphium as an abortifacient. Such folk remedies, however, varied in effectiveness and were not without risk. Tansy and pennyroyal, for example, are two poisonous herbs with serious side effects that have at times been used to terminate pregnancy.

During the medieval period, physicians in the Islamic world documented detailed and extensive lists of birth control practices, including the use of abortifacients, commenting on their effectiveness and prevalence. They listed many different birth control substances in their medical encyclopedias, such as Avicenna listing 20 in The Canon of Medicine (1025) and Muhammad ibn Zakariya ar-Razi listing 176 in his Hawi (10th century). This was unparalleled in European medicine until the 19th century.

Abortion in the 19th century continued, despite bans in both the United Kingdom and the United States, as the disguised, but nonetheless open, advertisement of services in the Victorian era suggests.

In the 20th century the Soviet Union (1919), Iceland (1935) and Sweden (1938) were among the first countries to legalize certain or all forms of abortion. In 1935 Nazi Germany, a law was passed permitting abortions for those deemed "hereditarily ill," while women considered of German stock were specifically prohibited from having abortions.

Historically, a number of herbs reputed to possess abortifacient properties have been used in folk medicine: tansy, pennyroyal, black cohosh, and the now-extinct silphium (see history of abortion). The use of herbs in such a manner can cause serious — even lethal — side effects, such as multiple organ failure, and is not recommended by physicians.

Abortion is sometimes attempted by causing trauma to the abdomen. The degree of force, if severe, can cause serious internal injuries without necessarily succeeding in inducing miscarriage. Both accidental and deliberate abortions of this kind can be subject to criminal liability in many countries. In Southeast Asia, there is an ancient tradition of attempting abortion through forceful abdominal massage. One of the bas reliefs decorating the temple of Angkor Wat in Cambodia depicts a demon performing such an abortion upon a woman who has been sent to the underworld.

Reported methods of unsafe, self-induced abortion include misuse of misoprostol, and insertion of non-surgical implements such as knitting needles and clothes hangers into the uterus. These methods are rarely seen in developed countries where surgical abortion is legal and available.

well its been around and people have been doing it since long before the gun was invented.. so id say its always been an unspoken fact of life, just like we have publicized war, we now publicise abortions. with over 40 million a year in the United States.. im guessing theres a bunch of abortion secrets on this board as well.. a study done by Harvard University found that over 80% of all pro-life advocates either had abortions themselves or have family members who have had one... and nobody gunned them down.

HYPOCRITS

Give me your argument on "right to bear arms" and ill give you the same argument on "a womans right to do what she wants with her body" , we try to act "civilized" but what do you think is civilized? Having the resolve to not bring a child into the world that will suffer and not be taken care of, or bringing one into the world and neglecting it? I see alot of Opinions here, but how much is anyone doing for those children who are alive and not eating tonight, because in the united states, there are 1.6 Million Homeless children right now, there are 500 in Baton Rouge alone. That makes alot of Self riteous sob's if you ask me.

1150 ad .. a carving of an abortion act.

800px-AngkorWatAbortionAD1150.JPG

LongRange

Rating - 97%
    32   1   0
    Mar 1, 2008
    Gonzales LA
    and BTW Crew... Slavery is ILLEGAL... i spoke of Legal acts.. theres no flaw in my statement.

for the past 11years i have raised awareness and money for the Homeless children of the United states, I spend over 250k a year locally doing just that, i say when people are actrually doing something instead of talking, then their opinion means something.. till then its just an Opinion.

Last edited:

mrdbeau

*Banned*
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 3, 2008
    Slidell Area

What? Are you even vaguely familiar with what is in the Constitution? Do you think that everyone has some kind of absolute freedom to pretty much do whatever they want to?

You have very few freedoms under the Constitution. Besides what is expressly written in the Bill of Rights, the only "rights" mentioned in the Constitution are the "right to life, liberty, and the pursuit of happiness." So, if you can be aborted when your mother is 8 and a half months pregnant with you, how do you have the right to life? And, if you don't have a right to life, how do you have any other rights? Last I checked, you have to be alive to have liberty, freedom, the right to own a gun, and so on and so on.

When they start bombing and shooting people on the other side...
    ...than, yes.

:)

No, the implication from which I was directly quoting LSP was that anyone who so much as protested outside an abortion clinic was on par with some kind of Muslim fanatic who is setting roadside bombs. That is, at face value, completely absurd.

And abortion wasn't a RIGHT in the constitution, it was tweaked around enough and added as a "RIGHT" by the Supreme Court.

This is exactly correct. Abortion was never seen as something that was a "right" by our Founding Fathers or in our founding documents. Any logically minded person who believes in freedom must necessarily reject the killing of children before they are born. Again, if you do not have the right to life, then you do not truly have any other rights.

well its been around and people have been doing it since long before the gun was invented.. so id say its always been an unspoken fact of life, just like we have publicized war, we now publicise abortions. with over 40 million a year in the United States.. im guessing theres a bunch of abortion secrets on this board as well.. a study done by Harvard University found that over 80% of all pro-life advocates either had abortions themselves or have family members who have had one... and nobody gunned them down.

You have your numbers completely wrong. There are 40 million abortions a year (roughly) in the entire world. In the US, there are just over a million. There have been about 40 million abortions in the US since '73 when it was made legal by the Supreme Court. I would like to see the Harvard study you site, as I'm guessing it plays funny with the numbers. And I'm not sure how much control you have over your family, but I'm guessing that no matter how pro-life I am, if my sister wanted to have an abortion, there's not a lot I could do about it, so including "family members" is a complete joke. Sure, there are undoubtedly some people who are pro-life who have abortions, your point? To continue with your gun theme, there are people who are extremely pro-gun who voted for Obama, again, what's the point? Just because there are some dumbasses running around out there doesn't make their point any less valid for the other millions of people who are in line with it and actually practice it.

Give me your argument on "right to bear arms" and ill give you the same argument on "a womans right to do what she wants with her body" , we try to act "civilized" but what do you think is civilized? Having the resolve to not bring a child into the world that will suffer and not be taken care of, or bringing one into the world and neglecting it?

No, you want, because I'm guessing your argument on someone's "right to bear arms" doesn't involve someone dying. Your second question just goes to the utter arrogance and ignorance that you display both in this thread and elsewhere. You do not have any right to decide whether a child should or should not be born, whether or not they will or will not suffer, and I promise you that you cannot see the future. I wonder how all of the Jewish children that survived living in concentration camps for years feel about the suffering they went through, seeing their parents and sometimes entire extended families perish? I doubt you would get many of them saying they'd have preferred never being born over having to overcome that suffering at an early age in their life.

There are people who have overcome far more suffering than you or I have ever known or will ever know and have come out on the other side being amazingly successful and blessed people who have changed the lives of others. The right of a child to be born or to be killed is not a judgment that any of us are qualified to make.

crewdawg

F-15 Eagle Crew Chief
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    May 3, 2009
    Amite, LA
    and BTW Crew... Slavery is ILLEGAL... i spoke of Legal acts.. theres no flaw in my statement.

Slavery is Illegal? NO ****!! But years ago, when slavery was Legal was it right? Back when it was legal, would you also be saying "don't want slavery, don't own a slave."? Or would you be against slavery and trying to get it overturned?

And my "right to keep and bear arms" does not require the killing of a human being. A woman's 'right' to do what she wants with her body (aka abortion) DOES require the killing of a human being. There is a big difference here.

And about the homeless children. Are you advocating that abortion would have been better for these kids? What about adults? Should we go around and kill all of the homeless because death is better than the suffering they are going through? WHERE DO YOU DRAW THE LINE?

Last edited:

crewdawg

F-15 Eagle Crew Chief
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    May 3, 2009
    Amite, LA
    You have very few freedoms under the Constitution. Besides what is expressly written in the Bill of Rights, the only "rights" mentioned in the Constitution are the "right to life, liberty, and the pursuit of happiness."

Very good arguments on your post, but one mistake found. The "right to life, liberty, and the pursuit of happiness" was in the Declaration of Independence, not the Constitution. Of course you could use the Fifth Amendment for that argument

"No person shall be deprived of life, liberty, or property, without due process of law" - Is the Abortion doctor giving the baby in the womb doe process before he kills the baby and deprives him/her of life?

LouisianaAKman

B.O.W. #318
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 16, 2009
    West Monroe,LA
    regardless of what or insane supreme court says, abortion is the ending of life, AKA murder. There is no RIGHT in the constitution to do so. You have about as much of a chance in convincing me that it is right as I do convincing you that your left wing views are wrong. The way I see it the shooting of tiller is just nature's way of taking out the trash....natural selection if you will.

crewdawg

F-15 Eagle Crew Chief
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    May 3, 2009
    Amite, LA
    The guy who shot the abortion doctor is a MURDERER just as the abortion doctor was. One ill turn does not deserve another. But abortion is murdering an innocent life. How can people be so for murder in one case, but against it in another. Murder is Murder

mrdbeau

*Banned*
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 3, 2008
    Slidell Area
    Very good arguments on your post, but one mistake found. The "right to life, liberty, and the pursuit of happiness" was in the Declaration of Independence, not the Constitution. Of course you could use the Fifth Amendment for that argument

Yep, my b. But at the same time, it's safe to say the principles found in the Declaration are the same basic philosophies that our Founding Fathers used in crafting the Constitution.

LongRange

Rating - 97%
    32   1   0
    Mar 1, 2008
    Gonzales LA
    mrdbeau,

So seeing as Birth Control is in fact an abortion as it doesn't actually stop anyone from getting pregnant but aborts a pregancy at its earliest stage.. every woman on birth control is a killer?

In case you wondered.. Definition of "Birth Control"

Birth control is a regimen of one or more actions, devices, or medications followed in order to deliberately prevent or reduce the likelihood of pregnancy or childbirth.[citation needed] There are three main routes to preventing or ending pregnancy; the prevention of fertilization of the ovum by sperm cells ("contraception"), the prevention of implantation of the blastocyst ("contragestion"), and the chemical or surgical induction of abortion of the developing embryo or, later, fetus. In common usage, term "contraception" is often used for both contraception and contragestion.

90% of all DS fetuses are aborted.. so that means a bunch of pro-lifers (since 51% claim to be pro-life, see link) are having abortions.. thats known as being a HYPOCRIT.

51% pro-life

As for the Harvard study, im trying to locate the actualy paper, but this may help with understanding how the percentages are more than likely accurate..

Had Abortion and Turned Anti

I did mean to put Worldwide over 40mill my typo. either way, thats alot for the "majority christian" world is it not? Whos having all of them? lets check this link and see..

Whos Having Abortions?

Why should Abortion be Illegal? well we have a link and info for that also..

Why Should be Illegal

Fact is i despise anyone whos having sex and cant support a child, i think those people are jackasses, i agree that a child born or unborn should not be the victim, however a victim for 10mins or a victim for 75 years seems to be the question. I believe in the the "You Screw, You Do" rule, but im not arguing my "Opinion" im arguing the Legal Right of people, as for rights under the constitution,In case you arent aware of the actual rights here they are..

Citizenship:
    Citizenship is the attribute of persons who, as members of the polity, have certain privileges and duties in addition to those they have as persons. Citizens include those born on U.S. or State territory or naturalized according to law.

Natural Rights:
    The classic definition of "natural rights" are "life, liberty, and property", but these need to be expanded somewhat. They are rights of "personhood", not "citizenship". These rights are not all equally basic, but form a hierarchy of derivation, with those listed later being generally derived from those listed earlier.

Personal Security (Life):
    (1) Not to be killed.

(2) Not to be injured or abused.

Personal Liberty:
    (3) To move freely.

(4) To assemble peaceably.

(5) To keep and bear arms.[18]

(6) To assemble in an independent well-disciplined[13] militia.

(7) To communicate with the world.

(8) To express or publish one's opinions or those of others.

(9) To practice one's religion.

(10) To be secure in one's person, house, papers, vehicle[14], and effects against unreasonable searches and seizures.

(11) To enjoy privacy in all matters in which the rights of others are not violated.[7]

Did you note that first off a citizen is a person BORN in the United States? Thus UNDER THE LAW.. Fetus doesnt have the Right to Live so says our forefathers.. but the Doctor sure did. I am not saying i agreee, im saying its the LAW and for so many LAW ABIDING folks here at BS.com, there seems to be alot of people wanting to scap the law in favor of their OPINIONS.. which is exactly whats destroying this country from within. You think YOUR opinion should matter... great! ... doesnt mean your Opinion has to mean **** to me, right, so you get to kill me cuz your opinion tells you so? how is that right??

It seems im arguing LEGAL rights and you guys are arguing Moral Rights.. thank you for Seperation of Church and State or obviously we would all be screwed.

Last edited:

LongRange

Rating - 97%
    32   1   0
    Mar 1, 2008
    Gonzales LA
    The guy who shot the abortion doctor is a MURDERER just as the abortion doctor was. One ill turn does not deserve another. But abortion is murdering an innocent life. How can people be so for murder in one case, but against it in another. Murder is Murder

Abortion is not Murder under the LAW of the United States.. maybe under the Christian Law, but that isnt what the guy with the gun will be convicted by.

You are mixing up Morals with Legals.. Legally Abortion is legal, Morally its wrong, Legally shooting an abortion doctor is Illegal, Morally its right... Mixing and matching doesnt work, thats Hypocritical... either you are going to stand on the Moral issue or the Legal one, i chose the Legal one, as is my right, you Choose both when it suits you? Cmonb thats just wrong all the way around, you are praising god and slapping him in the face at the same time. You are standing by the Constitution and burning it at the same time.

mrdbeau

*Banned*
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 3, 2008
    Slidell Area
    mrdbeau,

So seeing as Birth Control is in fact an abortion as it doesn't actually stop anyone from getting pregnant but aborts a pregancy at its earliest stage.. every woman on birth control is a killer?

Um... as you pointed out in what you "quoted" from wherever you pulled it from, contraception prevents the fertilization of an egg by sperm cells. Therefore, the egg is never fertilized, therefore, there is no pregnancy to begin with. So, I'm not sure what you're referring to in terms of birth control being equivalent to abortion.

90% of all DS fetuses are aborted.. so that means a bunch of pro-lifers (since 51% claim to be pro-life, see link) are having abortions.. thats known as being a HYPOCRIT.

Do you have any idea why most downs syndrome fetuses are aborted? Because of people like you who believe that a child with downs syndrome have no quality of life, no chance at having a "normal" life, and are somehow in some constant state of suffering. The media, and many doctors, have further perpetuated this mentality and myth. It's funny you should mention that, since it is something I am quite familiar with. My best friend that I have known for more than 20 years has a brother who is a few years younger than me with downs syndrome. His mother is a doctor. At the time, all of her doctor colleagues as well as the OB/GYN recommended that she have an abortion, and she refused (being ardently pro-life and Catholic). She then had another child after that one, full well knowing the high likelihood that child had of having downs syndrome, as well. Tony, my friends brother with downs syndrome, is a perfectly happy child and has been a blessing to the family and to all who have known him. It would have been an absolutely travesty for him to have been aborted simply because he had downs syndrome. But, as I said, the number is so high because doctors continually push that anyone with a downs syndrome child should have it aborted, and most people unfortunately listen to their doctors.

I did mean to put Worldwide over 40mill my typo. either way, thats alot for the "majority christian" world is it not? Whos having all of them? lets check this link and see..

Majority Christian world? Since when? Christians make up only about 1/5th to 1/6th of the worlds population. And when you're talking about places like Europe, it's safe to say their ideas of Christianity are somewhat different form ours. But that's neither here nor there. As far as who is having abortions, I already know who's having abortions (from a statistics point of view). Do you even know who started planned parenthood and why it was started? It was started by Margaret Sanger, who was a racist and eugenicist. She was, more or less, a Nazi. She wanted to make abortions as available as possible for blacks so their population could be controlled. Considering almost half of pregnancies among black women now end in abortion, I'd say in the end, she was successful.

but im not arguing my "Opinion" im arguing the Legal Right of people

Well, good, we're on the same page then.

It seems im arguing LEGAL rights and you guys are arguing Moral Rights.. thank you for Seperation of Church and State or obviously we would all be screwed.

I'm not sure what the problem in understand is here, but you do know that abortion was illegal throughout the entire country until the Supreme Court MADE it legal through their decision, right?

You seem to think that there is some legal right to an abortion that has been in existence for the entirety of our country. Abortion was NEVER legal in this country until 1973, and had the Founding Fathers decided it was something that should be legal, they could have easily made it so when they were still around. As you said, abortion has been around for long enough, and I'm sure they were familiar enough with it.

Arguing on the internet is like the Special Olympics, even if you win.....You're still retarded.

You're right, and I hesitate to do it, but when people start throwing out ******** (not necessarily point at you LR, so don't get your panties in a wad), it's worth at least pointing them in the right direction. Beyond that, yeah, you may as well go slam your face into a wall a few times. Works out about the same in the end.

Last edited:

LongRange

Rating - 97%
    32   1   0
    Mar 1, 2008
    Gonzales LA
    Um... as you pointed out in what you "quoted" from wherever you pulled it from, contraception prevents the fertilization of an egg by sperm cells. Therefore, the egg is never fertilized, therefore, there is no pregnancy to begin with. So, I'm not sure what you're referring to in terms of birth control being equivalent to abortion.

Well so now U get to decide what a LIFE IS? Well when its ur teenager whos crippled and they could fix his spine had they done more stem cell research with aborted fetilized eggs, but instead your son gets to crap in a diaper and drool in his soup, till the end of his days, remember a FERTILIZED egg is an abortion if killed. BTW.. there are 3 types of "birth control" and actually Abortion is one of those types. 2 of the 3 deal with a FERTILIZED egg.

Do you have any idea why most downs syndrome fetuses are aborted? Because of people like you who believe that a child with downs syndrome have no quality of life, no chance at having a "normal" life, and are somehow in some constant state of suffering. The media, and many doctors, have further perpetuated this mentality and myth. It's funny you should mention that, since it is something I am quite familiar with. My best friend that I have known for more than 20 years has a brother who is a few years younger than me with downs syndrome. His mother is a doctor. At the time, all of her doctor colleagues as well as the OB/GYN recommended that she have an abortion, and she refused (being ardently pro-life and Catholic). She then had another child after that one, full well knowing the high likelihood that child had of having downs syndrome, as well. Tony, my friends brother with downs syndrome, is a perfectly happy child and has been a blessing to the family and to all who have known him. It would have been an absolutely travesty for him to have been aborted simply because he had downs syndrome. But, as I said, the number is so high because doctors continually push that anyone with a downs syndrome child should have it aborted, and most people unfortunately listen to their doctors.

So a doctor CAN decide what fetus to abort? And you get to decide which are viable for abortion? If you arent the one whos going to raise the child, i say your Opinion stops there.

Majority Christian world? Since when? Christians make up only about 1/5th to 1/6th of the worlds population. And when you're talking about places like Europe, it's safe to say their ideas of Christianity are somewhat different form ours. But that's neither here nor there. As far as who is having abortions, I already know who's having abortions (from a statistics point of view). Do you even know who started planned parenthood and why it was started? It was started by Margaret Sanger, who was a racist and eugenicist. She was, more or less, a Nazi. She wanted to make abortions as available as possible for blacks so their population could be controlled. Considering almost half of pregnancies among black women now end in abortion, I'd say in the end, she was successful.

Wrong... Planned Parenthood was used as far back as the roman times. Even the Ancient Egyptains show signs of it, the Christian comment was a joke, basically saying that type of thinking is seriously outdone by the majority.

I'm not sure what the problem in understand is here, but you do know that abortion was illegal throughout the entire country until the Supreme Court MADE it legal through their decision, right?

You seem to think that there is some legal right to an abortion that has been in existence for the entirety of our country. Abortion was NEVER legal in this country until 1973, and had the Founding Fathers decided it was something that should be legal, they could have easily made it so when they were still around. As you said, abortion has been around for long enough, and I'm sure they were familiar enough with it.

WRONG.. There were few laws on abortion in the United States at the time of independence, except the common law adopted from England, which held abortion to be legally acceptable if occurring before quickening. James Wilson, a framer of the U.S. Constitution, explained as follows:

“ With consistency, beautiful and undeviating, human life, from its commencement to its close, is protected by the common law. In the contemplation of law, life begins when the infant is first able to stir in the womb. By the law, life is protected not only from immediate destruction, but from every degree of actual violence, and, in some cases, from every degree of danger ”

Various anti-abortion statutes began to appear in the 1820s. In 1821, Connecticut passed a statute targeting apothecaries who sold poisons to women for purposes of abortion, and New York made post-quickening abortions a felony and pre-quickening abortions a misdemeanor eight years later. It is sometimes argued that the early American abortion statutes were motivated not by ethical concerns about abortion but by worry about the safety of the procedure; however, some legal theorists believe that this theory is inconsistent with the fact that abortion was punishable regardless of whether any harm befell the pregnant woman and the fact that many of the early statutes punished not only the doctors or abortionists, but also punished the women who hired them.

You're right, and I hesitate to do it, but when people start throwing out ******** (not necessarily point at you LR, so don't get your panties in a wad), it's worth at least pointing them in the right direction. Beyond that, yeah, you may as well go slam your face into a wall a few times. Works out about the same in the end.

Then again "the right direction" seems to be a matter of OPINION.. not LAW.

Top Bottom