Abortion doctor Gun Downed

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • FishingBack

Slave to Society
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 30, 2009
    Overwhelmingly it is MEN that decide the issue of what women can do in this situation.

If you put a straight up vote to women, they would overwhelmingly support the option to abort at will.

From a societal standpoint there is no harm in aborting a non-sentient human.
    From a religious standpoing there is.

And I'm of the opinion to let God fry 'em for their actions.

Even though it's legal, a lot can still be done. Offer money if they complete the term and sell the infant to adoptive parents. Offer free counseling (funds raised by private orgs). Give pamphlets out.

I personally will do my best to prevent any of my family members from aborting.

g34

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 3, 2009
    It's her body? So what your saying is that if the fetus is male, then the mother has a set of male genitalia? She would also have 4 arms and 4 legs etc.

CloudStrife

Why so serious?
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 5, 2010
    Baton Rouge, LA
    I don't see how the issue is gender dependent. Sure, pro-abortion women are more vocal about it since they are affected, but for every woman that supports abortion, I think there's a man that either supports it or doesn't care since he can't get pregnant.
    On the flip side, religious beliefs aren't gender dependent either.

Hitman

® ™
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Sep 4, 2008
    Lake Charles
    If someone who views the unborn fetus as a Human Being (Pro-Life). Stops a person who is killing that Human Being, how is that any different than any other form of justifiable homicide?

Pro-Lifers believe that unborn babies are just as alive and we'll as you are reading this post. Is your life any more valuable than an unborn Childs?

Don't those who kill a mother and her unborn child get charged on TWO counts of murder?

I'm not saying what happen here was right, but I can't say that my mind is made up clearly on what is right or wrong when it comes to this issue. I'd definitely not be able to be on the jury.

Nolacopusmc

*Banned*
    Rating - 100%
    66   0   0
    Oct 22, 2008
    New Orleans, LA
    If someone who views the unborn fetus as a Human Being (Pro-Life). Stops a person who is killing that Human Being, how is that any different than any other form of justifiable homicide?

Pro-Lifers believe that unborn babies are just as alive and we'll as you are reading this post. Is your life any more valuable than an unborn Childs?

Don't those who kill a mother and her unborn child get charged on TWO counts of murder?

I'm not saying what happen here was right, but I can't say that my mind is made up clearly on what is right or wrong when it comes to this issue. I'd definitely not be able to be on the jury.

Because it doesn't matter what people believe, it matters what the law says. That scenario is not considered justifiable based on current law.

CloudStrife

Why so serious?
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 5, 2010
    Baton Rouge, LA
    Yep. Feticide. Unless you're the mother, killing a fetus is considered feticide by law. Makes no sense.

Heck, why can't we extend the "it's her body" argument? Say she has the baby. Six months later taking of it has made her life really hard. Can she kill it then? It's her life, right?

Hitman

® ™
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Sep 4, 2008
    Lake Charles
    Because it doesn't matter what people believe, it matters what the law says. That scenario is not considered justifiable based on current law.

Too easy! :mamoru:

You could have let them mull over it some! :p

I was just trying to explain what could be the mindset of the folks who take this kind of deal into their own hands.

Hitman

® ™
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Sep 4, 2008
    Lake Charles
    Yep. Feticide. Unless you're the mother, killing a fetus is considered feticide by law. Makes no sense.

Heck, why can't we extend the "it's her body" argument? Say she has the baby. Six months later taking of it has made her life really hard. Can she kill it then? It's her life, right?

Doesn't the current Healthcare say something about a 30 day clause. I saw that somewhere or heard about it. Not sure where, but I could have sworn I did.

CloudStrife

Why so serious?
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 5, 2010
    Baton Rouge, LA

Then why do we dislike lawyers that defend criminals and get them off the hook? Are they just making sure they get a fair trial?

Laws are made according to what people believe and are good for maintaining some sort of organized system, but I don't have to make a personal judgment based on them, even as a juror.

Cat

*Banned*
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 5, 2009
    NE of Alexandria, Cenla
    Cloudstrife, just my two cents here, but asking if it's okay for a woman to murder her six month old child is why this subject can never be logically debated. :)

And for what it's worth, if a father is raising nine kinds of hell and she aborts out of convienence and spite, IMO it's a jail worthy sentence. The father absolutely should have a say-so.

CloudStrife

Why so serious?
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 5, 2010
    Baton Rouge, LA
    Cloudstrife, just my two cents here, but asking if it's okay for a woman to murder her six month old child is why this subject can never be logically debated. :)

And for what it's worth, if a father is raising nine kinds of hell and she aborts out of convienence and spite, IMO it's a jail worthy sentence. The father absolutely should have a say-so.

My analogy was exactly the same situation as aborting for birth control. It's a matter of inconvenience. My question was rhetorical. Only people like Cass Sunstein and maybe Obama would say yes.

Nolacopusmc

*Banned*
    Rating - 100%
    66   0   0
    Oct 22, 2008
    New Orleans, LA

The chink in your armor is at what point you consider it a fetus?

Witness

>Glock
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 4, 2008
    baton rouge
    No, at birth, it is an infant.

A fetus is still in the womb.

I guess a better question would be at what point do you think it becomes a life?

I have to stand by a fetus remaining a fetus up until birth, at which point it becomes life. There has to be a defining line, and the only logical explanation would be birth. Some will argue life begins the instant the egg is fertilized. I just can't agree with that.

CloudStrife

Why so serious?
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 5, 2010
    Baton Rouge, LA
    The chink in your armor is at what point you consider it a fetus?

I don't know what the law considers a fetus. Whatever it is, anyone other than the mother will be charged with feticide for killing it.

The "it's her body" argument doesn't take into account whether or not it's a life, so my example doesn't need to either.

CloudStrife

Why so serious?
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 5, 2010
    Baton Rouge, LA
    I have to stand by a fetus remaining a fetus up until birth, at which point it becomes life. There has to be a defining line, and the only logical explanation would be birth. Some will argue life begins the instant the egg is fertilized. I just can't agree with that.

Is there a line between a baby that is born prematurely and one that can be born prematurely but goes to the full term?

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    cajuntiger84
    Top Bottom