Abortion doctor Gun Downed

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • CloudStrife

Why so serious?
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 5, 2010
    Baton Rouge, LA
    So instead she send the baby to adoption and another child is entered into the system with no family, that you and I will support for several years and when made aware of his "circumstances" will mot probably end up with serious issues.

Look up risk....by the very definition of the word, it is not guaranteed. I guess that a pregnancy is completely pain free with no disruption in the life, emotions, physiology, or hormones for the woman....none guaranteed by your standards at least:rolleyes:

I really think you need to educate yourself on life a little more before you wade into these types of discussions. What you are saying is simply not making any sense....to a lot of people.

You're correct on the word "risk". I meant there's no guaranteed negative outcome.

If the child gets stuck in the system, which means our system needs fixing, it would still be better off than being dead.

I never said being raped and carrying a baby to term would be all peaches and cream. You assume I don't care about the woman. My belief simply says life is above all else. Is that so terrible?

Is this based on religion or on morality? Its obviously not based on any medical knowledge, given you also believe there are no guaranteed risks during pregnancy. I'm not following your logic. What's next? God's plan was for her to have a baby and aborting the baby is not following gods plan even if carrying the fetus to term could end in the death of the mother?

If a baby has brain activity at 8 months outside of the womb, it certainly has the same traits within the womb. Simple common sense says this, and, yes, science says it too.

You must be an atheist.

CloudStrife

Why so serious?
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 5, 2010
    Baton Rouge, LA
    I never said that. I just believe religion should not a basis for morality. I also believe religion should not be a part of our laws.

I assumed you were from your simple generalization of "God's plan".

Without religion, morals would be just meaningless opinions like any other. There would be no right or wrong. If religion doesn't guide morality, then what good is it?

Our laws are based on the general consensus. If the majority is religious, there will be religious involvement. I believe laws should only protect a person's rights from being violated by another, but even that is founded in my faith. Without religion your sense of "rights" is insignificant and imaginary. Even our Declaration of Independence states, "endowed by our creator".

Hitman

® ™
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Sep 4, 2008
    Lake Charles
    Let's see, Biblical Morality and Ethics have been the driving force behind our country since its beginning. Currently we are getting farther and farther away from that Biblical Morality and Ethics, and it is CLEARLY seen by looking around today where that is now leading us.

And you guys think that's the better direction? :confused:

You don’t think we should be getting back to the basics more? Back to the same morals the founding fathers were driven by?

Yrdawg

*Banned*
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 24, 2006
    Big Woods
    Let's see, Biblical Morality and Ethics have been the driving force behind our country since its beginning. Currently we are getting farther and farther away from that Biblical Morality and Ethics, and it is CLEARLY seen by looking around today where that is now leading us.

And you guys think that's the better direction? :confused:

You don’t think we should be getting back to the basics more? Back to the same morals the founding fathers were driven by?

We as a country should be able to see, soon if not now , where leaving the Christian Ethics of the founders gets us

Morality has everything to do with law, I mean who dosn't believe in Do unto others "??? Even tho this is not a Biblical Statement in form it is a biblical statement in truth

Read the parable of the man who beat another for oweing money when he himself had been forgivin a great debt .........

BTW....as I have toured anti abortion literature for years, I will say that the pic here is real or a very good imitation of what I have seen many times over

SirIsaacNewton

Rating - 100%
    31   0   0
    Jul 22, 2009
    New Orleans, LA
    I don't believe individuals should have the right to have partial birth abortions. A fetus at 21 weeks is self sustainable with modern medicine. I was shown this picture during embryology. It is a fetus undergoing an in utero spina bifida repair. So they are repairing a neural tube defect in the mothers uterus.

This photo amazed me so I thought I would share it with you. According to some this fetus is not alive. I find that hard to believe especially since there are many premature babies born that don't exhibit the fetal hand grasp. I would like to ask anyone to illuminate the difference between a child 8 months in utero and a child born premature at 8 months sitting in a bathtub. There is actually no difference besides the utilization of ones own lungs. Both organisms the 8 month old fetus and 8 month old child are undergoing the same metabolic processes. Both are utilizing Oxygen both are eliminated waste. Please someone point out the difference. You could almost think of a fetus as an individual that has undergone a blood transfusion utilizing someone else's RBC's for oxygen transport but doing all of the metabolic work for themselves. Of course the O2 transfer isn't occurring between their pulmonary system but you get the point.

Religion/Morality aren't necessary to define life. Science is there and a fetus is just as much alive as any other child. According to the websters dictionary: Life = an organismic state characterized by capacity for metabolism, growth, reaction to stimuli, and reproduction. That fetus is obviously undergoing growth, it is metabolizing like you and I, it will react to stimuli, and post pubescent it will have the capability to procreate.

I never said that. I just believe religion should not a basis for morality. I also believe religion should not be a part of our laws.

This is a moral issue and you won't find the answer in science. After 21 weeks it is living and has the ability to be sufficient with modern medicine.

main_.jpg

Last edited:

Hitman

® ™
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Sep 4, 2008
    Lake Charles
    We as a country should be able to see, soon if not now , where leaving the Christian Ethics of the founders gets us

Morality has everything to do with law, I mean who dosn't believe in Do unto others "??? Even tho this is not a Biblical Statement in form it is a biblical statement in truth

:confused:

Not a Biblical statement?

Matthew 7:12
    12 Therefore, whatever you want men to do to you, do also to them, for this is the Law and the Prophets.

Hitman

® ™
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Sep 4, 2008
    Lake Charles
    Then you grew up and decided that it's not your job to stop a school shooter unless it's your kid at risk, right?

Relax dude ... ;)

Think about it, you've been here for how many days?, and everyone here knows where you stand on everything. That's a whole lot more talking, than listening. When you talk that much it should be expected to have confrontation.

Almost 2,000 post in 90 days!?!? That means you’ve got a lot out there for people to pick at IMO.

Just an observation :cool:

CloudStrife

Why so serious?
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 5, 2010
    Baton Rouge, LA
    Relax dude ... ;)

Think about it, you've been here for how many days?, and everyone here knows where you stand on everything. That's a whole lot more talking, than listening. When you talk that much it should be expected to have confrontation.

Almost 2,000 post in 90 days!?!? That means you’ve got a lot out there for people to pick at IMO.

Just an observation :cool:

It's not like I started learning when I joined bs. I talk a lot here, but that doesn't mean it's the same outside of bs. And there are no post counts for listening. :)

blackened1313

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    May 25, 2009
    slidell
    Any religious people here with accurate knowledge? At what point does the fetus recieve a soul?

Abortions then should be legal up to that point. I don't believe in religion but after a certain point you should not be allowed to get an abortion unless its life endangering.

We have too many people on the planet already. The adoption process is not working.

CloudStrife

Why so serious?
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 5, 2010
    Baton Rouge, LA
    Any religious people here with accurate knowledge? At what point does the fetus recieve a soul?

Abortions then should be legal up to that point. I don't believe in religion but after a certain point you should not be allowed to get an abortion unless its life endangering.

We have too many people on the planet already. The adoption process is not working.

Science can only study the physical world. The soul is where science ends. Then it becomes a belief. I think most will agree that if a person is living, then they have a soul, so where life begins is also where the soul begins. We can't prove a soul though.

What do you mean you don't believe in religion? Do you believe we have souls?

We have too many people because people won't quit f***ing each other and don't have sense enough to use contraceptives if they just can't help themselves. The adoption system can't make up for a lack of responsibility.

blackened1313

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    May 25, 2009
    slidell
    I dont believe in religion because it exists for the sole benefit of itself. It is a business to manipulate the people for the money they pay. God doesn't need money and you can believe in god without religion. Man has diluted the whole thing so thin it is hard to tell what to believe. We have the 3 main religions with claims to the same spot in Israel with different holidays for the same thing. Who knows wtf really happened if any of it happened? AND...all those holidays are predated by what is now called pagan beliefs that celebrated their own holidays on the same exact dates??

Nolacopusmc

*Banned*
    Rating - 100%
    66   0   0
    Oct 22, 2008
    New Orleans, LA
    I dont believe in religion because it exists for the sole benefit of itself. It is a business to manipulate the people for the money they pay. God doesn't need money and you can believe in god without religion. Man has diluted the whole thing so thin it is hard to tell what to believe. We have the 3 main religions with claims to the same spot in Israel with different holidays for the same thing. Who knows wtf really happened if any of it happened? AND...all those holidays are predated by what is now called pagan beliefs that celebrated their own holidays on the same exact dates??

This 100%

Top Bottom