About time!

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Carpcodl

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 3, 2011
    broussard LA.
    After I got my concealed carry permit, I've been trying to urge my wife to carry. She has her own gun and likes to shoot with me but she has been hesitant for some reason to go take the class. A couple days ago she had a scare. Someone was watching and following her. She freaked. It took this to convince her, but at least she sighned up for a class today. So I'm pretty proud of her. Just thought I would share this with you guys today. Thanks!

Emperor

Seriously Misunderstood!
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Mar 7, 2011
    Nether region
    Good for her!

But if I may ask, did she not have her gun with her when she was watched and followed? You don't have to have a CHP to be armed.

Carpcodl

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 3, 2011
    broussard LA.
    No she didnt. She had to lock up some trailers that are for sale, it was getting late n she forgot about locking them. So she hurried, jumped in the car and went lock them with nothing but a phone. I have already told her about carrying in the vehicle but, yeah. I never wanted to force her to carry, just tried to keep encouraging her to do it when she's ready.

USMC-Deano

Baby Eagle FTW
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 20, 2011
    Oceanside, CA
    I understand your dilemma, man. When I first got my CHP, my wife didn't even like me carrying. She was always talking about how nothing had ever happened before, why do you need to carry EVERYWHERE you go, can't you just leave it this once, etc. Now, with all this Trayvon crap going on, she's become more open to the idea and is ready to get her own permit and gun.

deafdave3

*Banned*
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Apr 26, 2010
    You know... I do applaud you and your wife's decision to carry, but its unfortunate that it had to come to a scary encounter to convince her to carry.

Hope all is well with you both, and be safe.

Last edited:

Carpcodl

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 3, 2011
    broussard LA.
    Thanks guys. We usually go everywhere together so she felt safe because I was always carrying. Well now I work the night shift so it's just her and my 3 year old son by themselves during the week. I will worry alot less when I know she can protect herself. I just wish more women would realize the dangers of the world today, get trained, and stop being afraid of firearms.

deafdave3

*Banned*
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Apr 26, 2010
    You know, when Misty and I first met in October of '09, she was petrified of going out of her apartment alone. She had some very traumatic experiences as a child, and scared of firearms for those same reasons. I always carried. Always have, always will. It took quite a bit of time to get her used to guns, and had Guate do a little work on her techniques. Now, she's proficient with firearms, and carries.

Top Bottom