Academy in Covington got duped!

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • DAVE_M

_________
    Rating - 100%
    32   0   0
    Apr 17, 2009
    ________
    I was in the area, so I stopped off at the Academy off of Pinnacle Parkway.

Went to the aisle with all the Tacticool doodads, to look at Magpul stocks and hope to find a Magpul MOE carbine stock. Well, they had about 7 CTR stocks and 4 MOE stocks. The price for a MOE was $27ish and $57ish for a CTR. I need a milspec stock, so I luckily found that the majority were indeed milspec. Well, go figure, they don't have any MOE stocks in black. So I said screw it, I'll just buy a CTR...

I opened up a CTR box (I always check parts if they are not sealed) and thought the stock looked funny. Well, it was funny, because it was a MOE stock in a CTR box. I looked around to see if someone had mistakenly put the MOE in the wrong box when they were inspecting them. That most definitely was not the case. Best part, it wasn't even a milspec MOE... :mad:

While I'm looking around, trying to find out wtf had happened, the Academy store manager was walking by. She didn't even care that I had boxes open and was playing with the parts (which is how they got duped). I called her over and told her to look at them. Go figure, she couldn't tell the difference (because they were the same MOE stock). She walked me over to the gun counter and I showed the two guys working. They both agreed that somebody switched out a CTR stock with a MOE stock. Why would someone do that? Well, because switching them out would save you $30 :mad: One of the guys went to check the rest of the stocks and found out that they had switched out almost all of the CTR stocks with MOE stocks, except for the boxes on the top shelf (that they probably couldn't reach).

That's really freaking crappy... Whoever did that, bought 5 or so CTR stocks for $30 less on each stock. I hope karma kicks them in the testicles like a strike from Thor's hammer! :mad:

I'm not upset that I didn't get the stock I wanted, because I can always order one. It's upsetting that their really are sh***y people in this world.

Cochise

is not here
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Feb 19, 2012
    Calhoun
    I worked for a bit at the academy in lafayette. You wouldn't believe the number of empty ammo boxes we would pick up around the store. Academy has a huge problem with theft in general. It may have even been an employee that switched the stocks out, and then got them at a 20% discount off the MOE price. It wouldn't surprise me.

slogoat

Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jun 29, 2007
    Lake Charles
    I had the same thing happen here with an MOE + grip at the academy in lake charles. (The rubber coated grip). Went back and check the boxes just like you. Someone did that to save like 3 bucks. Sad.

Last edited:

sportsbud

Rating - 100%
    50   0   0
    Jan 16, 2013
    NOLA
    Yep sounds about right used to work there, people are asshats, they stole shoes mostly 200 dollar pairs and just walked out the door... then you have employees that are stretched thin and not paid worth a damn so they don't care... makes for a perfect storm and the store manager is a guy must of been one of the assistants.

ajridgedell

Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Feb 9, 2015
    Loranger, La
    Yep sounds about right used to work there, people are asshats, they stole shoes mostly 200 dollar pairs and just walked out the door... then you have employees that are stretched thin and not paid worth a damn so they don't care... makes for a perfect storm and the store manager is a guy must of been one of the assistants.

Yeah every time I go into the hammond location, there's just a bunch of college age people "working" there do nothing but talking to each other and playing with the balls! I'm thinking does the manager just not give a crap or what? Went to buy a hunting licence there the other day too... NEVER AGAIN! May go get me some cheap CTR stocks though.. jk

sportsbud

Rating - 100%
    50   0   0
    Jan 16, 2013
    NOLA
    Yeah every time I go into the hammond location, there's just a bunch of college age people "working" there do nothing but talking to each other and playing with the balls! I'm thinking does the manager just not give a crap or what? Went to buy a hunting licence there the other day too... NEVER AGAIN! May go get me some cheap CTR stocks though.. jk

Sadly the Covington store is the best i have been to, it's a culture that has been created there...

machinedrummer

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Apr 5, 2010
    Kingwood, Tx
    Soon the stocks will be behind the counter right next to the elusive.22. The sad part is it's probably not your typical scumbags swapping the merchandise. Well they are scumbags but gun owning scumbags that might even be on Bayou Shooter.

Top Bottom